The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Winners Announcement of Innokin Gala Launch Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Innokin Technology' started by Innokin_timmy, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    hey.. I have one (ordered not won) for several days now..

In the .5 ohm pod it heats up the ejuice so much that after 3 or 4 drags it starts burning my lip (literally), so I have to wait for it to cool down every couple drags.

I haven't tried out the .8 ohm coil yet, but if I were you I'd start out with that in the hopes it doesn't heat up like the .5 ohm pod does.

With the burning of my lip repeatedly I stopped using it, but I do need to try that .8 ohm..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was very lucky too and got "My" GALA last night . . . :headbang:

YES ! ! !
    Very good looking . . . :thumbs:

BTW: Finally - been using the GALA after trying about 3 hours to open the packaging (Where is the usual pull-tab . . . :-x) - not Innokin's best compared to their other product packaging . . . :nah:

Now - To answer your question about which coil to use first . . . Well since - I DO NOT - normally use any sub-ohm coils, etc. - I went with the ceramic 0.8 ohm pod first to just get a feel for the GALA (especially after reading @Opinonated ' s post) - the result was not bad after I got use to NOT drawing/dragging as much vapor into my mouth at first then inhaling ("Tootle Puffer" Here ;) ) - as I do with other tanks (but still "Hacking" away every so often while using the pod) . . . YMMV . . . :rolleyes:

As for'rebuilding the pod - even though I do not rebuild coils - IMHO - looking at how it is made and the slight difficulty filling the pod already (need to tip pod sideways - then back over the other way to fill to max) , I don't think it can be done without destroying the pod itself . . . Also - As for purchasing more GALA Pod's - Nope - not yet . . . AND - Although they are available, I may not be getting any more real soon - particularly given the current prices I found on the web for just 1 replacement pod (I've actually gotten packages of 5 replacement coils for Innokin Tanks for a couple of dollars more) . . . :( SO - I hope these 2 pods last at least a little while . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

BTW: Been using the GALA most of the day, and so far for now, while I really like the feel (Small & Very Smooth) of the GALA - I have mixed "feelings" about how the GALA functions. So - I'm going to have to give it more time before I can say any more about it . . . Hope this information is helpful . . . ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Innokin_Joseph

Innokin_Joseph Brand Rep

Jul 9, 2015
    Thank you for your thoughts so far Uncle! Have you given the non-ceramic pod a try yet?

It would likely be very difficult to rebuild these pods as you mentioned.

Can you elaborate a bit on how you feel the GALA functions?

4. Uncle

@Innokin_Joseph . . .

Well until you asked, I wasn't even considering trying the non-ceramic pod at all, especially given that it is 0.5 ohm coil. However, given that you asked if I would "elaborate a bit" and since I was lucky enough to WIN a GALA - Here Goes "My" Personal Opinion and or Review . . . :facepalm:

First and foremost, the Packaging must be improved ! ! ! The "Tabs" that are normally found on most Innokin products packaging to pull out the inner boxes is without a doubt, needed - particularly with how this package was designed (single folded piece of cardboard). BTW: Which was very difficult to open without tearing the outer box open to get at the GALA inside. Also, I would like to see a seperate "boxing" within the packing for extras, especially for easy storage until needed and to save the Innokin "prof" of purchase would be beneficial too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Next . . . Over all the GALA is quite nice and a definite keeper. The very sleek design and ease of use is better then other "Pods" I've tried. AND - Once I got found the correct side/plug to lift and then use to filling the pod (by rotating pod back & forth to allow e-liquid to fill pod tank) and using the lower 0.8 ohm coil (by taking a "smaller" puff, more then enough vapor without a huge production unless you want more) I found it very comfortable to use. Also, really like the ability to fast change out the 2 pods - especially without losing any e-liquid. Matter of fact, one of the best features of the GALA is it's small size and "Stealth' capabilities, so it has become a daily out an about "pod" to take with me, especially to use when I do not want to be noticed and NEED a quick nic fix (think waiting in Doctors office & exam room, or even hospital room - Disclaimer: NOT that I am suggesting anyone else do as I do :rolleyes:).

Now as for the Ceramic 0.5 ohm . . . I been testing this one for over a week (well since you asked) to make sure I was giving it a proper chance and no matter what I did and not for the lack of trying . . . But - It is without a doubt a - NO GO . . . Even though, I use exactly the same e-liquid (50/50 24 nic Menthol Flavor) and tried as I could to limit the intake of vapor as I did with the 0.8 ohm coil - nothing I did would stop me from coughing/hacking each and every time I took a drag (barely any vapor) and then inhaled (IMHO - it felt to me, very similar to when I/someone first tries smoking a cigarette - NOT GOOD). Worse, I also found the vapor "Hot" and uncomfortable. Not what I was really expecting or would expected from a ceramic coil (I've tried others at a higher ohm 1.+ - with no problem). Again this is just "My" Personal Humble Opinion" - Some one else may find using this lower ohm ceramic coil something great.

One other problem I had with the pod's - there is no way I can find to clean or change out the e-liquid . . . :facepalm: Particularly, so I could try just a plain e-liquid with no flavoring . . . :nah:

Okay, a couple of other suggestions for the GALA . . . Fix Packaging (see above comment); Offer ceramic coil's at a higher ohm; Also less expensive pod's and/or offer packages of pod's at a lower price (the cost of 1 pod is more expensive then purchasing a box of coils - which will be prohibitive for a number of people like myself from getting any more pod's) . . . EX: On average I found Innokin Gala Pod 1 = $3.99 compared to Innokin Zenith Coils pack of 5 = $7.95 at a number of vendor's websites . . . :blink:

Anyway, once again, overall the GALA is another Innokin product I really "Like" that is a keeper and will be quite usable for "Me", especially if I can find less expensive pods with additional choices of ohm coils. :thumb::thumb::thumb: Until I do, I just hope that the 0.8 ohm pod I'm using now will last awhile . . . ;)

Hope this information is help and particularly useful for anyone else reading it . . . Remember - I AM A TOOTLE PUFFER and this is "My" Personal Opinion . . .:cool:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

(BTW: Feel Free to use/share this information as you see fit. . . ;) )

5. Uncle

@Innokin_Joseph . . .

Please Note - EDIT TO ABOVE POST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Ceramic 0.5 ohm = Non-Ceramic 0.5 coil pod

0.8 ohm coil = Ceramic 0.8 Pod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.