The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wires and Wicks?

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by 6spdsurfer, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 6spdsurfer

6spdsurfer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA
    So I'm getting my Penelope in the mail soon and I know I need to pick up some extra Kanthal A-1 wire and wicks but my searches on eBay have been pretty much useless. There's not much left on there (thanks for taking it all!). Can someone point me to the next best place to find some or where you all get it from? Thanks in advance!

2. wasabi5858

wasabi5858 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
  3. 6spdsurfer

Jul 11, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Wow, thanks so much! I'm new to this RBA stuff but I can definitely see the benefit. Much cheaper and from what I hear, much better flavor. I did find this silver wire as well:

.999 Fine Silver 30 Gauge Round Dead Soft Wire

but the statement at the bottom makes me kind of worried to vape using this. I appreciate the guidance!

4. 6spdsurfer

Jul 11, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Also, I have a 3.7v mod (Uranos) coming in the mail soon so what kind of Ohms rating will using these two produce. I have a couple ego twists and a VV mod but I want to be able to use my Penelope on anything so if its running the same 1.7 ohms that the wire that the Penelope comes with I should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.