Status
Not open for further replies.

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
Thanks for the tip vapn, I've ordered 1.

sbhot.jpg

Got mine from Ivapour-elixir.

One thing I did do to mine was pull that copper spring out of my Omega and put it in the Wizard. Seems like a bit more punch than the steel spring that came with mine.

Last edited:

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
Avidvaper carries a hot spring for the helix, I bet that might work?
wondering if the helix one is a little bigger than the normal? ::scratches head::
i have about 5 extra ones from all the different provari's ive owned. they're not copper but theyre hot springs.
is the copper hot spring the best one to use or just any hot spring?

i found silver coiled springs from madvapes for $0.59. silver just as good as copper i think. altsmoke is only place i know that carry's copper and theyre always outta stock.

wheres the cheapest place you all are finding in the US to get them? TIA :)

Last edited:

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

matrixxu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Timisoara, Romania
The difference between the original spring and the hot spring on the SB is about 0,3v , sometimes even 0.4v underload. Once a week maintenance to keep it shiny gold-like ( i use cape cod polishing cloth ) also helps a lot . Otherwise it slowly oxidises and you lose about 0.1v underload due to that.

For the price of the spring and the ease to adjust it for the Wizard i would say it's a more than welcome item to get.

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
Yes!!! I am first one in Hawaii to get a Wizard. :laugh::thumb::banana:

I weighed it on my digital cooking scale and it was 36-37 grams empty while the AW 18650 IMR 2000mAh battery alone weighed 44-45 grams.
Tested the voltage difference of the battery by itself and at the atomizer threads under no load, voltage was exactly the same so no loss at all. Touch sensor works perfectly every time, satin finish is absolutely beautiful, atomizer threads are very well machined, built in juice "catch well" works great and the rotating sensor protector was a brilliant addition.

The only thing that I would recommend is to use noalox or some kind of lube on the tube threads until they break in. Freshly machined threads are sharp so be careful when cleaning and applying the lube. Lastly, be sure that the battery goes in positive side down towards the spring but for Precious owners like myself, this is already 2nd nature.

Hard to describe just how small and light the Wizard really is so here is a pic for size comparison.

Pretty sure most people know what the mods are so no need to name them.

dsc04504p.jpg

dsc04506ia.jpg

dsc04512d.jpg

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
Keith's order was sent two days before mine, so I may not even bother calling my local post office this morning just in case...

Beautiful pictures, Keith! They make the Wizard out to be more attractive than I previously thought!

So, how does she vape?

Hits as hard as the original Precious at a fraction of the weight. Absolutely no voltage loss from the battery to the atty connector, measured this more than a few times using different types of AW batteries.

Was just wondering, is anyone's Wizard showing signs of marking round the button area, caused by the ring ?

The rotating protector rides on slightly raised rails so unless rubbish gets between this, it should not be contacting the sensor area at all. Just don't press on the protector thing while unscrewing the top, instead place your finger between the gap and you should have no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread