Wocket vs Frenzy - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
The pod thing:
I suppose it all depends on what the definition of “pod” is. What it ORIGIONALLY meant was that the coil, the wick, and the tank are all one piece. It being the “pod”. By this definition many origional cigalikes wet “pod” systems. It also means the frenzy isn’t a pod system because it has a replaceable coil. If the frenzy is a pod system all it really means is the connector between the tank and mod is proprietary and the tank is plastic an an unusual shape. I fail to see how either are good things.
The features thing:
Lol! “Leakproof”. Right. Never seen that actually happen. Seen it claimed a lot, but actually happen? Not so much. “Leak resistant” I might believe. The question is between the two which is more prone to leaking. Smells like “the frenzy has more aggressive marketing” to me. The temp control thing I would buy though. Temp control is a bonus.

What you like is what you like though.
i was meaning is not a pod since you can use the tank on other mods, also can take anther tanks, so the thing is something close by pen starter kit, i totally see the point on the coils, actually they share a coil in common, so you totally got the point there, but frenzy tank / pod cannot be used on other system / device yet, so for me frenzy is a pod and Flint does not, any way the point here is inst about what it is, but how performs...

Leakproof:
a hard topic for pods and so, this one is rocking with me since monday, i really like a lot several of its features, mostly tc since im starting moving a bit more into TC, so i could really tell, this device is amazing and does not leak, but condenses a bit inside the "AirFlow" adjust knob, nothing you couldnt solve having a simple care of the device, flavor still amazing and so clouds, despite this i could really tell the device is amazing for me, as you stated there, what you like is....

the marketing on this item is 100% aggressive for sure, its GeekVape's 1st pod system since they neither claim flint as a pod, is named by several as Pod killer but i see it pretty far from that,

Regards,

Reactions: Poeia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i was meaning is not a pod since you can use the tank on other mods, also can take anther tanks, so the thing is something close by pen starter kit, i totally see the point on the coils, actually they share a coil in common, so you totally got the point there, but frenzy tank / pod cannot be used on other system / device yet, so for me frenzy is a pod and Flint does not, any way the point here is inst about what it is, but how performs...

Leakproof:
a hard topic for pods and so, this one is rocking with me since monday, i really like a lot several of its features, mostly tc since im starting moving a bit more into TC, so i could really tell, this device is amazing and does not leak, but condenses a bit inside the "AirFlow" adjust knob, nothing you couldnt solve having a simple care of the device, flavor still amazing and so clouds, despite this i could really tell the device is amazing for me, as you stated there, what you like is....

the marketing on this item is 100% aggressive for sure, its GeekVape's 1st pod system since they neither claim flint as a pod, is named by several as Pod killer but i see it pretty far from that,

Regards,
I guess my point is that devices are devices no matter what they are called. If one looks at functionality rather than marketing naming pods aren’t even pods anymore and when they were, pods existed before the name did anyway. “Pods” are something of a marketing fiction, or have become one anyway. The actual technology is more or less the same as it has always been, and where there have been “advances” a lot of them are of dubious value to actual users.

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
RalphA built them. DeejStuff carried them for a little while. Apparently having the batteries back to back meant they mAh was the some of the parts or something. They worked well but were truly homemade. You turned them off by removing a battery. :lol:

Based on the date you joined ECF, I only pre-date you by a few months. I joined when I was researching my first e-cig.

Chucks were one of the original mods. Built like a tank and customized but then Provaris and other mods beat its electronics. I'd still use them (they were built for basic 510 atomizers but I have some) but they're too heavy for me now.

View attachment 822729 View attachment 822733
Miss know it all!!!!

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
RalphA built them. DeejStuff carried them for a little while. Apparently having the batteries back to back meant they mAh was the some of the parts or something. They worked well but were truly homemade. You turned them off by removing a battery. :lol:

Based on the date you joined ECF, I only pre-date you by a few months. I joined when I was researching my first e-cig.

Chucks were one of the original mods. Built like a tank and customized but then Provaris and other mods beat its electronics. I'd still use them (they were built for basic 510 atomizers but I have some) but they're too heavy for me now.

View attachment 822729 View attachment 822733
I have been vaping since 2009!!!! Oh!! I know everything!!! GAG!! So have a lot other people!!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
First. NYC is not the center of the universe!! NYC is a cesspool and welfare state run by Elitists! Second. I don't have a problem. You seem to.
No, but it is one of the cultural and economic centers as well as far and away the largest population center of the USA. Elitist it does tend to be. It’s an incredibly competitive place to attempt to live. It has been one of the hardest places to live in the USA for a very long time. It is also the epicenter of much of the top end of many many professions. New York has a reputation for chewing up people and spitting them out. The saying “if you can make it there you can make it anywhere” is not untrue.

Cesspool? In some places. Both the best of the best and the best of the worst are attracted to it. It will definitely suck in and destroy people who wouldn’t necessarily be sucked in and destroyed in other places.

As for the term welfare state I personally have found the term to usually be used in a very self serving fashion. Welfare offered to the users of such terms is generally considered “their right” whereas when such things are offered to anyone else it is “waste” or some such.
Rural areas statistically suck up a far greater percentage of “welfare” per capita than urban areas do if farm subsidies and federally funded systems such as military bases are considered for example. Most farm and rural communities would have long since ceased to exist without such support. There seems to be a popular belief that the rural areas support the urban areas, but if one looks at the actual numbers generally the reverse is true. One of the less complicated examples is disaster relief. Which states are “donor states”?

As for problems everyone has them, though they do tend to be somewhat different amongst various individuals.

• Winner
Reactions: drysprocket

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Wow. How's that reducing the nic level coming along?

note to self: no inappropriate reminiscing on ecf!
This has nothing to do with you. I was responding to a comment that was made by POEIA. This person made an assumption about me I didn't appreciate. Don't make an assumption about me when you don't know me!

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
No, but it is one of the cultural and economic centers as well as far and away the largest population center of the USA. Elitist it does tend to be. It’s an incredibly competitive place to attempt to live. It has been one of the hardest places to live in the USA for a very long time. It is also the epicenter of much of the top end of many many professions. New York has a reputation for chewing up people and spitting them out. The saying “if you can make it there you can make it anywhere” is not untrue.

Cesspool? In some places. Both the best of the best and the best of the worst are attracted to it. It will definitely suck in and destroy people who wouldn’t necessarily be sucked in and destroyed in other places.

As for the term welfare state I personally have found the term to usually be used in a very self serving fashion. Welfare offered to the users of such terms is generally considered “their right” whereas when such things are offered to anyone else it is “waste” or some such.
Rural areas statistically suck up a far greater percentage of “welfare” per capita than urban areas do if farm subsidies and federally funded systems such as military bases are considered for example. Most farm and rural communities would have long since ceased to exist without such support. There seems to be a popular belief that the rural areas support the urban areas, but if one looks at the actual numbers generally the reverse is true. One of the less complicated examples is disaster relief. Which states are “donor states”?

As for problems everyone has them, though they do tend to be somewhat different amongst various individuals.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This has nothing to do with you. I was responding to a comment that was made by POEIA. This person made an assumption about me I didn't appreciate. Don't make an assumption about me when you don't know me!
Which comment? You didn’t quote/reply, you just made a statement to the world at large.

The last statement made by that poster before your reply merely stated the topic under discussion and expressed bewilderment as far as I can tell

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
No, but it is one of the cultural and economic centers as well as far and away the largest population center of the USA. Elitist it does tend to be. It’s an incredibly competitive place to attempt to live. It has been one of the hardest places to live in the USA for a very long time. It is also the epicenter of much of the top end of many many professions. New York has a reputation for chewing up people and spitting them out. The saying “if you can make it there you can make it anywhere” is not untrue. [snip]

Bombastinator, I did reply to you but I've deleted it -- not because there was anything negative or sarcastic in what I said, but because I think it's best I don't put any more replies to anyone on this thread. Thanks for sticking up for my city.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bombastinator, I did reply to you but I've deleted it -- not because there was anything negative or sarcastic in what I said, but because I think it's best I don't put any more replies to anyone on this thread. Thanks for sticking up for my city.
I didn’t think I was sticking up for it really. I avoid the place myself. It’s the way it is though.

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I respect your opinion. I apologize for the way I acted. I was having a bad couple of days. Taking things out of context. Seriously.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I respect your opinion. I apologize for the way I acted. I was having a bad couple of days. Taking things out of context. Seriously.
Happens. I haven’t had a great last couple of days either. This inundation of legislation/media misinformation has been stressful.

Reactions: poconojo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread