Woodvils finish pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
So disappointed. I got my Woodville today and I can not get ANY atty to fire. I tried calling Rob, no answer, no msg's being taken. I sent email to his @ reo email address. I've done several adjustments to center pin, all to no avail. I don't think the center pin is the issue. I'm just soooooooooooo disappointed. I'm in tears :(

Oops... the button was locked - lol.... Hey, I've been surviving floods in Houston all week. It's a mircle I'm even awake.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just a thought, but one of mine wouldn't fire either. Turns out the switch was rotated counter-clockwise (locked in off position). It's nearly impossible to tell it's locked by the feel of it. Just something to check. Rotate it all the way clockwise and try it.

ETA: Whew! Glad you found it, took me a while to figure out what was wrong too :)

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
287ff3f63d5567a3ba5cc7429d9f72d8.jpg
7025a6a65f35b57f41293be5303e2869.jpg

Got my woodie today after a small delay caused by happy fingers clicking away having it delivered to my house and not at work- where I'd be. I'll get it right next time! My firing pin came loose on me already. Wouldn't fire after working all day, so I started with the atty then the battery and that's when I noticed the pin wasn't straight. Got out the big Allen key Rob included in the first aid kit and tightened that puppy down. Problem solved! Thanks for making such a beautiful mod and thinking ahead of what we're gonna need to take care of it.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oops... the button was locked - lol.... Hey, I've been surviving floods in Houston all week. It's a mircle I'm even awake.

So glad ya figgered it out......I was so upset when I saw this, cuz I'd typed a reply several hours ago when you said you couldn't get it to work.......then got side tracked....and just now got back to it, and saw I'd never posted it! Anyhow, was gonna say that you might have to turn the 510 out a full turn, that happened with my grand, couldn't get it to fire at all the first night I got it. Had adjusted it 3 times, 1/4 turn each time, and just thought it wasn't working, til someone said I might have to raise it a full turn. Don't feel bad........heck twice I've gone to refill my bottle.....took that batt out, filled the bottle......slid the door on....... why isn't this vaping???????? put the battery back in it and works a lot better ding dong! :facepalm:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
287ff3f63d5567a3ba5cc7429d9f72d8.jpg
7025a6a65f35b57f41293be5303e2869.jpg

Got my woodie today after a small delay caused by happy fingers clicking away having it delivered to my house and not at work- where I'd be. I'll get it right next time! My firing pin came loose on me already. Wouldn't fire after working all day, so I started with the atty then the battery and that's when I noticed the pin wasn't straight. Got out the big Allen key Rob included in the first aid kit and tightened that puppy down. Problem solved! Thanks for making such a beautiful mod and thinking ahead of what we're gonna need to take care of it.

Gawd.. flipping amazing looking! I really like the zebra. Too many wood types I'm digging is really making it seriously ruff to pic a second woodvile out. :(

Rob really needs to get a good camera to take pics with. The stuff on his site does his mods 0 justice! In a way I guess it turns out ok as the buyer will be really thrilled to see it looking even better. UT dam. Would they all sell out in a hurry if people other then reo fans can see what the wood really looks like!

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
After having the woody in hand, I feel like a huge doofus for not giving them a go earlier! 3.5 years of Reo's and never had the woodvil. This has to be the most cofortable thing ever. Oh and an amazing work of art! I think I may have become a Woodvil convert. I will keep the metals as I have to have a mower friendly and yardwork Reo but I may par down the number of metals :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think so - that's what I got and used!
They had it first place I checked, at "OSH"

I've got a street here with an OSH, a Lowes across the street, and a Home Depot 1 mile down...lol

I have a question, is this the howards UV stuff that was being recommended.?

SunShield | Howard Products

Thanks
KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
That's what I use. :thumb:

I think so - that's what I got and used!
They had it first place I checked, at "OSH"

I've got a street here with an OSH, a Lowes across the street, and a Home Depot 1 mile down...lol

Thanks I found some of howards mineral oil, so I have that now, but I still want the sunshield, might have to get it online.

KAS

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
There are still several (too many) beauties I'm drooling over. Every time I see a "real" picture of something I have completely discounted as an option, I start re-thinking it. For instance, that lacewood that @keepsmiling posted in the brag thread is just gorgeous. Makes me want...... Arrrrg!!!!!!

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Has the entire Universe fallen asleep. :)

Unbelievable that their are STILL some absolutely gorgeous ones left.

Perhaps the fence sitters would prefer to wait another 12-18 months for the next run. /humor /lol /no offence intended /mild snark

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread