Would you support a Vendor who was "NOT" a Member of CASAA ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I have gone into multiple establishments who sell e-cigs and vaping gear. First thing I do is check out their interest in the community.
If they are into selling the product they must be accountable to you and me. To me that means they must be a member of CASAA and actively participate in the local political arena also.. They have their business, and "we" are fighting for our rights, and theirs, (by default)..
I have been to those who don't subscribe, I and I tell them they are a joke of a business....:2cool:

Would You ??

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You have no need to insult a business owner for not doing as you expect. you simply go elsewhere. We have enough dictated in life from government.
One should have the choice to Pay dues or support any cause as they individually see fit. It is called Rights. That which you say you are fighting for.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
seem like I struck a nerve or two.. I am fighting for my rights to this product, they say they are, but there are those who do not..just in it for the money..it is a little unique this way..

Not sure what nerves you think you've struck unless that was your intent when creating this thread.

Last thing I'm going to become is a bully for change.
If B&M or online vendor has what I want at a reasonable price, they'll get my money.

Besides, remember YOU choose to fight for their right- they didn't ask you too nor should they be forced to support the things you feel they should.
Take your money elsewhere if they aren't meeting ALL your wants!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
seem like I struck a nerve or two.. I am fighting for my rights to this product, they say they are, but there are those who do not..just in it for the money..it is a little unique this way..

No nerves struck, it is what happens when you ask questions expecting to receive answers that are similar to your views on the subject.

It's not my place to tell a business what organizations they must be a member of / support to earn my business.
If I don't like their business practices I'd buy elsewhere.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I would buy from a supplier who was not a member, just as I would buy items from someone outside my ; area,church,ethinc makeup, color of my hair,gender,age group, etc.The first time this question got posed to me was years ago when I saw a certain group had a yellow pages for members to only buy from certain members and that experience has stayed strong with me for a long time.Needless to say I never shopped at the store that was displaying those yellow pages , just my two cents, do as you wish.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
I would think it would be to the shop owner's benefit to be a member and participant of CASAA..........but, people have reasons why they don't join specific groups.
If membership in CASAA is important to you as a customer, you should ask them "why" they have chosen not to be a member.
Example: I don't believe in animal abuse or cruelty, but I refuse to be a member of the A.S.P.C.A., Humane Society, or P.E.T.A. because everyone of them has a stand on something that I don't support and/or limit my right to own specific animals. Another example: I believe in gun ownership, but I stopped my membership in the N.R.A. because of a brother in law's experience in a paid job in that organization, and just because someone is a member doesn't mean they have any business even being NEAR a firearm.
:2c:
Yes, I am a member of CASAA.:)

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I agree with the previous posters. We are all entitled to purchase from whatever vendor we choose, and if CASAA membership is important to you, than you vote with your wallet so to speak at CASAA only vendors. I, personally, do not pay attention to what vendors are CASAA members or not. I purchase purely on what I want and who gives me the best price. For example, if I wanted a REO/Provari/Zen/Trixie mod, there are only select vendors that carry these mods. I would definitely purchase based on desire, not on CASAA status. I would purchase the mod I wanted!

I am going to open a can of worms here, but I have a couple of thoughts. First, do you believe that just because someone joined CASAA they are active in the political movements of vaping? And second, if you purchase any vaping product from the classifieds on here is that exempt from CASAA status? Such as, would you just flat out never buy a mod that was originally sold by a "non CASAA" vendor? Also, would you only purchase classified for sale items from a fellow CASAA member on here or would you buy from someone who was not because they had something you really wanted?

I hope that came across and friendly and thought provoking. It really is to pick your brain a little further on your thoughts about this. I am very interested in your responses! :)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The only requirements I have anywhere I shop, including a vape B&M, is quality products, quality service and good business ethics.... meaning they'll do right by me in case of a problem. That's it! Their ideology, just as their religion, is not my concern.

Edit: Well, thinking some more, that's not exactly an always situation. If info comes to me that there are any kind of nefarious dealings by that company or owner, then strike what I said. ;) A case of that came to mind. But I'm not going to wage a personal campaign digging to find out about an owner's private life. Its pretty much going to have to be public knowledge.

Last edited:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Yeah.. I'm one of those that does not check to make sure that a restaurant is a member of the diner's club before I will eat there.
CASSA is an organization. Being or not being a member is not a qualification for ding business.
If a business owner is not a member, it does not stop them from being helpful, informative, any concerned with his/her local community.
A friendly, knowledgable staff is far more important to me as a consumer than what "cards" they carry.

And, yes... Even though I don't add a banner to my sig, walk around in a CASSA t-shirt or carry a placard all day long... I'm a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread