Wrinkles Above Lips From Vaping :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, disclaimer: this will sound vain. But it isn't as if vaping itself is a biological imperative or is curing cancer or anything to begin with, so...hopefully it won't sound too out of line.

I quit smoking 6 years ago, started vaping 1 year ago. So there were 5 years in between there where I wasn't sucking anything. :p I am 46 and I basically have (had?) no wrinkles at all on my face.

I've been noticing this little reddish line over my lip lately but I didn't really think about it. It's very light. But it suddenly dawned on me: it's the beginning of a line. It's vertical, over my lip. When I look closely, it has a twin on the other side of my lip, much lighter. It's not like they're that visible, they're hardly there, but...I pursed my lips to see and yep, that's exactly where they are: in the two biggest creases that happen when I make a duck face. Which I only do while I'm vaping...

I'm bummed. I'm torn between self-satisfaction and vanity, just how ridiculous does that sound? But...I hate to have to give up vaping so I won't wrinkle up.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Is there anything that can be done about it -- besides quitting vaping?

ECURiley

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
when you smoked cigarettes did you "duck face?" Which I am thinking since where I am from it is called something different a very derogatory phrase, or did you curl your lips in, or use no muscle movement in the lips to smoke. Curling your lips in or just placing your lips around the driptip shouldnt create wrinkles on your lips, wrinkles come from stressing the skin, I oddly enough tried the "duck face" way and I can see how this can enduce stress on the skin, maybe you can try vaping without protruding your lips and just relax when you vape, I do know this might have become a habit but any habit can be broken as you have already stated before.

Haha, has nothing to do with the 20 years of smoking right? Have you tried looking for a clearo or carto with an airier draw? That way you won't have to suck as hard.

Jacob

I considered that it could be from my former smoking, but it is a bit odd that following smoking, for 5 solid years, I had NO lines above my lips.

It was only after starting vaping that the lines appeared.

Airier draw...where would I look for that? I'm also considering a "fatter" cartridge so that I'm not pursing inward so tightly...

get some Eucerin concentrated Hialuronic acid. Not only ecigs, straws, kissing, all of that makes your wrinkles show. An ampule a month or biweekly should get you along. Unfortunately it washes away so you have to reapply on spots regularly.

Thank you, I will try this!

when you smoked cigarettes did you "duck face?" Which I am thinking since where I am from it is called something different a very derogatory phrase, or did you curl your lips in, or use no muscle movement in the lips to smoke. Curling your lips in or just placing your lips around the driptip shouldnt create wrinkles on your lips, wrinkles come from stressing the skin, I oddly enough tried the "duck face" way and I can see how this can enduce stress on the skin, maybe you can try vaping without protruding your lips and just relax when you vape, I do know this might have become a habit but any habit can be broken as you have already stated before.

You know, come to think of it, I do think I curled my lips inward when I smoked...v. puckering when I vape.

Its called life. Look at your elder kin. I am getting the same lines my Mom and grand mom has. No rhyme or reason. Just is. What else, at 46 you lasted out rather well if first starting now. :)

I guess it really is just vanity...I don't feel like I have much going on physically for me so I have always been grateful that I had clear skin. My mom had two deep lines in her forehead but no other lines when she was my age. My sister is almost two years older and has no lines at all!

My mom didn't have any wrinkles over her mouth at all and she smoked like a chimney until the day she died (at 53).

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
ukkhtop.gif

46 and live in Los Angeles? And now you see the beginning of wrinkles? I'd consider yourself fortunate. If it wasn't for the incredible amount of plastic surgery there, most people would have faces like raisins from the pollution. Consider your age and genetics. Maybe check out Stri-Vectin.:)

Thank you. I'll look into that product.

Yes, living in LA is harsh on the skin, because of the sun. I always wear sunscreen, you can get a tan out here going to the mailbox and back. :D Bad bad news for the skin. I'm sure the pollution doesn't help either, as you say.

I do consider myself lucky and I realize there are worse things...I guess it's just a vanity...and I guess it's just hard getting older.

UncleChimney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2010
SE Pa
I considered that it could be from my former smoking, but it is a bit odd that following smoking, for 5 solid years, I had NO lines above my lips.

It was only after starting vaping that the lines appeared.

Airier draw...where would I look for that? I'm also considering a "fatter" cartridge so that I'm not pursing inward so tightly...

Right now I am using an RDA with a slightly enlarged air hole and I don't have to purse my lips at all. If you want convenience I'd look into something like a Protank. They have an airy draw that doesn't promote the duck face when inhaling:facepalm:

Right now I am using an RDA with a slightly enlarged air hole and I don't have to purse my lips at all. If you want convenience I'd look into something like a Protank. They have an airy draw that doesn't promote the duck face when inhaling:facepalm:

Thank you!

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Anyone else experience anything like this? Is there anything that can be done about it -- besides quitting vaping?
I'd have to shave my goatee in order to find out.

Being bald, that goatee is the only thing that keeps me from looking like Charlie Brown (that round headed kid), so my own vanity prevents me from checking. :(

3602836742_6f8c876e28.jpg

Reroka

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Durham, North Carolina
One of your post stated that you did not have much going on, well if that picture in the avatar then I would say you have a lot going on.
Damn pretty from that pic. :2cool:

Okay, disclaimer: this will sound vain. But it isn't as if vaping itself is a biological imperative or is curing cancer or anything to begin with, so...hopefully it won't sound too out of line.

I quit smoking 6 years ago, started vaping 1 year ago. So there were 5 years in between there where I wasn't sucking anything. :p I am 46 and I basically have (had?) no wrinkles at all on my face.

I've been noticing this little reddish line over my lip lately but I didn't really think about it. It's very light. But it suddenly dawned on me: it's the beginning of a line. It's vertical, over my lip. When I look closely, it has a twin on the other side of my lip, much lighter. It's not like they're that visible, they're hardly there, but...I pursed my lips to see and yep, that's exactly where they are: in the two biggest creases that happen when I make a duck face. Which I only do while I'm vaping...

I'm bummed. I'm torn between self-satisfaction and vanity, just how ridiculous does that sound? But...I hate to have to give up vaping so I won't wrinkle up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread