Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The voice of experience. Thx.

Any insight on how to watch on tv?

I'm getting tired of watchng a tiny 13" laptop when I have a 32" flat screen that I never use. Dumb buy. I think it's seen < 6 hrs since I got it even with extended cable (comes with apt $). Everything I watch is online anymore. Cable has sure gone downhill. I have a dvi->hdmi port and the dongle. Just haven't used it yet (the lazy strikes again). I heard I can just close the lid (Mac) and it's auto mirroring.

Last edited:

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
The voice of experience. Thx.

Any insight on how to watch on tv?

I'm getting tired of watchng a tiny 13" laptop when I have a 32" flat screen that I never use. Dumb buy. I think it's seen < 6 hrs since I got it even with extended cable (comes with apt $). Everything I watch is online anymore. Cable has sure gone downhill. I have a dvi->hdmi port and the dongle. Just haven't used it yet (the lazy strikes again). I heard I can just close the lid (Mac) and it's auto mirroring.

First, attach the computer to the TV, go to desktop on computer, right click, look on the left side of screen go to display, now look on the left and go to change display settings, now it says detect, click on that you want to make sure that you have dual use, once you save or apply the settings you should have the mirror effect.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
click on where it says live where they are broadcasting, if you have trouble I am on facebook, you can message me and I can walk you through easier (Personal Name Delete to Protect the Innocent )

Thanks - I won't have a problem now that I know . . . :D

BTW: I would edit your post to delete Your name there too . . . "Word to the Wise" - Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
this should be the link to it (one of the broadcasters posted it to help people sign up.. i have odd ways to do things, such as i try to talk to the chat bot to make sure im signed in.). Top right in the page should be (to me its red..) saying Register. click it. once registered check your email to confirm your account (prevents spammers - kinda. makes it a slight hassle for spammers). then you should be all set for the shows. and there is always people broadcasting things.

novabroadcastings on Vaughn Live [ http://vaughnlive.tv/novabroadcastings ]

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
The MVP2 is smaller than expected? Really. It looks like a 18650 battery sized and to me that's kinda huge. How does it compare in size to Zmax mini? That's about my max. Vamo is too big even in 18350 size. It's tolerable but stays at home.

The MVP is actually a little shorter than my Zmax mini, but with the Protank on it, it's maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of an inch longer altogether since it's top mounted rather than recessed. It's less thick than the Zmax and less than twice as wide. I have a Sigelei Tmax that looks and feels like a brick compared to the MVP2.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
First, attach the computer to the TV, go to desktop on computer, right click, look on the left side of screen go to display, now look on the left and go to change display settings, now it says detect, click on that you want to make sure that you have dual use, once you save or apply the settings you should have the mirror effect.

It's the settings in the TV that concern me. It's got a media player, refurbished (cheap) so no manual and I have no idea what all the menu's and things mean. I can't even get it to display channels correctly which is a big issue. I can't even click through to see what's on.

FYI: I got back on the Bountiful Baskets bandwagon (yea for me) and they are even better than I remembered. There is no way I could afford all this otherwise. I strongly reccomend finding someone who can set a site up, min is 2x's a month. I'm blown away. I barely have to do any grocery shopping anymore. For $15/week? It's not a subsription. I can't afford to miss it. I've got phone alarms set since sites sell out. It's actually 2 laundry baskets full of produce.

This week: 2 heads of cauliflower, 12 various pears, 2 big containers of strawberries, 5lbs potatoes, 6 big sweet peppers of some sort, 4 big navels, handful of carrots, big head of romaine, 8 onions, several loose beets (no tops), kale, celery, parsely, ginger, broccolli, bag of brussel sprouts, cucumber. Very few items were repeated from the week before; I still have tomatoes, apples leftover. Lettuce, celery and broccolli were repeated. I noticed the Washington state site was posting squash, yams, etc. so it does vary with location which is kinda cool too (local stuff). I love the surprise.

I gotta get some sour cream and brown sugar for those berries. Meanwhile I'm shopping at wokshop.com for some decent (cheap) pans. I think I found foodie nirvana.

Last edited:

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
forget the TV is a TV, think of it as a big monitor, just plug the HDMI in and use the remote to switch to the Imput that you plugged the HDMI into. WhAtever you have on 13 inches on the computer is now on the TV/monitor

It's the settings in the TV that concern me. It's got a media player, refurbished (cheap) so no manual and I have no idea what all the menu's and things mean. I can't even get it to display channels correctly which is a big issue. I can't even click through to see what's on.

FYI: I got back on the Bountiful Baskets bandwagon (yea for me) and they are even better than I remembered. There is no way I could afford all this otherwise. I strongly reccomend finding someone who can set a site up, min is 2x's a month. I'm blown away. I barely have to do any grocery shopping anymore. For $15/week? It's not a subsription. I can't afford to miss it. I've got phone alarms set since sites sell out. It's actually 2 laundry baskets full of produce.

This week: 2 heads of cauliflower, 12 various pears, 2 big containers of strawberries, 5lbs potatoes, 6 big sweet peppers of some sort, 4 big navels, handful of carrots, big head of romaine, 8 onions, several loose beets (no tops), kale, celery, parsely, ginger, broccolli, bag of brussel sprouts, cucumber. Very few items were repeated from the week before; I still have tomatoes, apples leftover. Lettuce, celery and broccolli were repeated. I noticed the Washington state site was posting squash, yams, etc. so it does vary with location which is kinda cool too (local stuff). I love the surprise.

I gotta get some sour cream and brown sugar for those berries.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
what brand tv and model? most have the manual online

I gotta get some sour cream and brown sugar for those berries. Meanwhile I'm shopping at wokshop.com for some decent (cheap) pans. I think I found foodie nirvana.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hey, Karen. I was able to set up acct/user on Nova. How do I do chat? I see it scrolling on right side of screen. How to I enter stuff to chat. I am on my laptop.

Good Afternoon! Just woke up! I am watching Mod Envy tonight as well. Or I should say listening.

How to log in is :Novabroadcasting.org - Vaping Shows!

I click on the area that would show the broadcast, this will bring up a box to either sign in or register.
register and if you can type in the chat area you are good to go.

I will be logged in as Girlkickinbutts tonight

There is a show on right now, so it is easy to see if your chat is working

ETA: Must just be a time lag. I can now access chat. Thanks anyhows Karen. Will see you there tonight.

Last edited:

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Remember this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390695067.884568.jpg

Now it looks like this ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390695091.545612.jpg

Remember this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390695118.415854.jpg

Now it looks like this :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390695190.487291.jpg

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I could not log in for about a half hour after I registered. So I never got the area to type in. Now I can but I have nothing to add to current discussion to test it. They are doing some auction for a guy that was in a car accident in CA.

Shari, go to the bottom of the chat box...do you see the blank area above the smiley face and question mark? Click in there to get a cursor, and type what you want to, then hit enter or send. If you're logged in it will post in the chat box.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread