yet again, one more stuck switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Well my Protege has been rendered useless unless I feel like screwing the atomizer on and off to use it.

Really though what I wonder is how come everyone exclaims such great guest satisfaction, and yet I sent two tickets about an issue that has been so commonly encountered with no response. Perhaps it is because I am in the service industry where pleasing guest requires faster contacts, but I'm quite dissatisfied with my protege.

Hopefully I will be able to have it fixed before Halloween...

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Thanks.

Perhaps my issue is that I constantly look at the electronic cigarette vendors as a corporation just getting off the ground, and like any other business to get it going the beginning requires constant work. My restaurant would not have survived if I took half a day off much less an entire day.
I am searching for my one stop all you need shop to have the above and beyond personal service, an inventory that does not consist of 50% of the items being "unavailable," but it does not exist. Personally most places customer service is very much the same, we ship it the next day we reply to your e-mails, and post topics extensively on the forums. Where is the "above and beyond service"?

Maybe I am just annoyed that I have a $100.00 paperweight that hold batteries at this moment, and the way I see it most likely another week/week in a half before it works properly again, not to mention the cost of shipping as well as the aggravation of attempting to make time to stand in line at the post office to have it shipped priority rather than snail mail to hopefully have it back sooner.

Last edited:

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I want to add I am not saying customer service is horrible, just wondering how it could be above and beyond. I do not want this to seem as. An "attack" but perhaps a constructive question to create brainstorming on becoming better as a company as well as an industries.

I would love to see pure smoker lead the industry as in my beliefs it has more of what I personally am looking for in a company to deal business with. If this in anyway seemed like an attack I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

HDBanger

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montrose, MN
I've had my Prodigy a little over a month, no probs yet. But, with all the threads I see about switches, I am a little worried. The switches aren't cheap, but buying a backup is on my next to do list. The reason I'm posting is because to me, "above and beyond" would mean shipping me out a new switch when I need it, and including a return shipping label with the switch to send the old one back.. Jeff at Janty USA has done this for me a couple of times. Nobody is looking for free switches, but if they go all the time like they seem to, should be covered with no hassles. JMHO

On a side note, do these switches just come right out? I tried pushing a little on mine, seems only half of it moves.?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I want to add I am not saying customer service is horrible, just wondering how it could be above and beyond. I do not want this to seem as. An "attack" but perhaps a constructive question to create brainstorming on becoming better as a company as well as an industries.

I would love to see pure smoker lead the industry as in my beliefs it has more of what I personally am looking for in a company to deal business with. If this in anyway seemed like an attack I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Hey Shawn ....

It looks like you may be the last of the bunch. I have your address, and will go ahead and ship out another switch tomorrow. PLEASE make sure to get the bad switch in the mail within the next couple of days.

Appreciate it bud

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Of course that is normally how things go, when it comes to trying to make things easier for the consumer. Honestly though I wouldn't mind paying for a new switch to be shipped Monday and then being refunded once the broken switch arrives at PS.

Granted right now I would pay for a few switches to have on hand.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Hey Shawn ....

It looks like you may be the last of the bunch. I have your address, and will go ahead and ship out another switch tomorrow. PLEASE make sure to get the bad switch in the mail within the next couple of days.

Appreciate it bud

Thanks Steve, I was planning on mailing the switch tomorrow regardless figured the faster I got you the broken switch the sooner I could use my baby again. One thing though Do you want me to send just the switch or do you need the switch cap as well?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Thanks Steve, I was planning on mailing the switch tomorrow regardless figured the faster I got you the broken switch the soon I could use my baby again. One thing though Do you want me to send just the switch or do you need the switch cap as well?

Just shoot me the plastic bud. No need for the Button and Button holder :)

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I've had my Prodigy a little over a month, no probs yet. But, with all the threads I see about switches, I am a little worried. The switches aren't cheap, but buying a backup is on my next to do list. The reason I'm posting is because to me, "above and beyond" would mean shipping me out a new switch when I need it, and including a return shipping label with the switch to send the old one back.. Jeff at Janty USA has done this for me a couple of times. Nobody is looking for free switches, but if they go all the time like they seem to, should be covered with no hassles. JMHO

On a side note, do these switches just come right out? I tried pushing a little on mine, seems only half of it moves.?

Most of the switches that have been reported as failing were due to a difference in the manufacturing of the switch. Steve explained why it was happening although there was no way of really telling who had which switch to send them before the failed.

The switch comes out on mine just not that easily. I used some tweezers that I have laying on the desk to pull it out from the bottom, although I'm sure you could push it out from the battery side.

First day back to my only 510 battery I have (the others died, and figured would be a waste of money to get more with the protege coming in). I'm glad Steve is sending the switch out tomorrow, I do not know how much longer I will last with this thing. I just doesn't feel right in my hand.

Its hard switching back to these terrible batteries after using the protege. It is a hard product to top in performance, well if you do not count the mishaps with the switches.

kardjunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Chillicothe, Ohio
I also like the idea of a warranty replacement part being sent right out and the old or broken part sent back after new one is received. I also understand how a lot of people probably took advantage of this. I would even pay for the new part then have it credited back once PS got the old back...just my opinion.

Think the lesson I learned as I am wanting for protege to get back is that I need to have a backup. I always had more than one way to lite my smokes and always more than one pack of smokes. I was just about to give a friend all my old 510 batteries, mods and passthru and glad I didn't now. I am trying to decide if I want to get another protege as a backup since I can swap out parts or go ahead and get one the new Prodigy.

tparganos

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
I also like the idea of a warranty replacement part being sent right out and the old or broken part sent back after new one is received. I also understand how a lot of people probably took advantage of this. I would even pay for the new part then have it credited back once PS got the old back...just my opinion.

Think the lesson I learned as I am wanting for protege to get back is that I need to have a backup. I always had more than one way to lite my smokes and always more than one pack of smokes. I was just about to give a friend all my old 510 batteries, mods and passthru and glad I didn't now. I am trying to decide if I want to get another protege as a backup since I can swap out parts or go ahead and get one the new Prodigy.

I also agree that the product should got out right away. This has been such a hassle first waiting over a month for the product and when finally getting it it works for a day or two and then it has to be sent back and then waiting another two weeks at least turn around. They could also take your credit card info and if the part isn't send back they can bill you for the part. Just my opinion.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Well, I will agree with everyone on sending items out to replace broken one. The good news is Steve mentioned he will be sending one for me tomorrow. I would say that is an "above and beyond" being as technically he does not have to, and does not know truly that I'll send the broken one (although I will, just saying from his point of view)

I sold my 401 kit, and only have one functioning 510 battery that last about 30-45 min. So I am more than grateful for him trusting me.

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
Hey Shawn ....

Appreciate it bud

What makes this week different from last week when I asked for the exact same thing? A customer who has so far bought a Prodigy, 2 PTs, 2 Proteges and other stuff is somehow not as trustworthy? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread