The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

yet again, one more stuck switch

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by Trox.Shawn, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gjrhine

gjrhine Super Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Sunny South Carolina
    Spoken like someone has not (yet) had a problem.

BTW this is at least twice. Do you have an intelligent post in you? :shock:

2. katnbrian

katnbrian Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    Ya I do...
    Quit your whining and send the things back.
    Yes this switch thing sucks, but its 2 people running a small start up co. doing the best they can.
    They don`t have to be on here telling you anything, but they are all the time.

Call your sat co. or cable co. see what service you get there.

Ohh and yes mine works GREAT :p:p:shock:

3. wanderlust

wanderlust Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Actually got same day service from cable company last week.

I think for many of us the pre-order and wait resulted in currently failing devices and inability (financially) to order from competitors. I'm leaving town tomorrow and really wanted the protege to fill my need for vaping. So disappointed at this point. I would have expected the defective switch to be replaced upon complaint with ticket number without the further delay of mailing things in. But, alas, things are the way they are.

4. gjrhine

gjrhine Super Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Sunny South Carolina
    Exactly my situation. Maybe my switch is sitting in my home Post Office. Maybe not. Meanwhile there was a double standard and the WAAAHWAAAH mouth breather does still not have a clue. :lol:

5. frankie1

frankie1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2009
    Florida
    PS: Opened a ticket. My sticky switch problem seems to be a bit odd. Awaiting your advice as to what to do

6. them0nk

them0nk Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    San Bernardino, CA

The WHOLE E-Cig industry seems to be like this right now... the FDA is being a PAIN to most Ecig vendors... we might even have Ecigs to speak of in 6 Months.

One of the Websites i've ordered from and spoke with someone there said they lost a shipment of EMPTY CARTRIDGES but somehow let Pre-Filled ones through customs ... o(o.0)o why?

i thought i read somewhere that PureSmoker lost more at the docks than i make in a year (something like 50k, they lost).

The whole industry for E-Cigs is Dicey right now and it's unfortunate... Believe me dude i'm as critical about stuff as they come... my protege Did have problems... but i fixed them, and can deal with the little things (like being careful when i thread the end cap on...) --- when i say i fixed them, i resoldered the switch assembly together, made the button easier to push, etc.

Funny thing to me was the first reply on the post was one of 2 of the people from puresmoker saying they would get right on your problem. :)

7. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    I can see the point of gjrhine... I would have liked to see a switch in the mail the day my Protege took a crap too... What is the double standard here..? They had no extra switches to send out when ours went bad.. That is the problem here.. gjrhine, they just didn't have any extras laying around to send out to us at that moment in time.. That would be my best guess. I asked real nice to have a switch sent out too but that is how the cookie crumbles some times. I am still waiting also and I have spent a hell of a lot at PS too. I am sure Steve would have loved to just shoot everyone a free switch IF he had them to spare. So he dealt with the problem the best way he could.

And I still wait for mine too... And I am just a little ticked off that this guy got a switch sent out also. he just got lucky! Damn lucky you are OP...

Maybe tomorrow... then again maybe the next day. I still have the Prodigy and Pass thru to keep me satisfied ... The OP has no other PV at this time.

8. BradCarroll

BradCarroll Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Carefull Karma has a way of hearing that sort of thing. :shock:

9. BradCarroll

BradCarroll Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    And yeah the switch is stuck on mine too. I am smoking it by unscrewing the atomizer.

10. RazorNribbonz

RazorNribbonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

just curious, is the switch problem on the protege being looked into? As in, it wont happen in the next batch? Or theres been no mention of this?

Cause frankly they could send me 3 switches and I wouldnt know ... to do with em lolol

11. lotus14

lotus14 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
  12. RazorNribbonz

RazorNribbonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Thank you lotus (smile)... FYI for the masses, who might have also missed the info> yes, it has been looked into and taken care of.

13. Trox.Shawn

Trox.Shawn Super Member ECF Veteran

Got my switch in today, Thanks Steve, and Casey. Wow how I missed my protege.

14. wanderlust

Mar 15, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Not all is good yet lotus and razor. I remain out of town with a failing pv and missing my loved ones while defetive switch remains unresolved. Did I say "unresolved?" All is not good for me and probably for others out of town as well. I just hope the protege is as good as everyone says. I never even got to use it for 24 hours. Am I angry? No just lonely and frustrated. I know how things can happen unpredictably. I'm just not happy and miss my family and the opportunity to at least vape some of the frustration away. I'm not angry at PS but do not understand why the replacment switch could not have been mailed out upon receiving ticket. The delay does irritate me at this point. Anyway, we do the best we can. Cheers.

15. wanderlust

Mar 15, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh; but, I'm not happy after waiting for pre-order for this specific reason and ending up on the short end of the stick. Carry on with your happy endings; I have work to take care of and suspect this will make me even sharper or at least more realistic.

16. lotus14

lotus14 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    I never said all was well and good. And yes, I agree that once Steve realized there was a problem with the switches he should have sent out replacements even if he felt it necessary to put a "hold" charge on a credit card in case you didn't send the defective one back.

I just posted the link to point out that Steve had found the problem with them and feels he has it resolved.

I think the switch will always be the weak link with these units and replacements should be available at the website at a reasonable price.

I have also read the Steve is working on a new design for the switch on the Prodigy V2 so they will be more reliable. That is good news also.

And yes, the Protege is all that and then some! Sorry you're out of town and missing your family (hope you at least have a backup PV).

When you get home you should have a great new toy waiting for you :)

17. lawnman3

lawnman3 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    largo fl
    :cool:well i sent my whole protege in havent herd a thing no email responce no pm not any thing should i just have them send it back to me i think that is what i will do ithink a simple e mail would have been good i guess that is asking alot thanks lawnman3

18. wanderlust

Mar 15, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Thank you for responding Lotus, at least I have some family to vent to. I hope you are right about the product being good. Also, I must say I am terribly disappointed with this motel's wireless internet; it is so slow. Really, I'm not trying to be pissy, I am just terribly disappointed at this time and trying not to buy a pack of pall malls. I took this up 5 months ago to quit smoking and it has at times been frustrating. No, I'm not buying any smokes tonight and yes I'm going to be pissy tomorrow but, perhaps it'll be worth while. I have two teen age daughters that I love with all my heart and I plan to help them grow up. I don't smoke; but it would sure be easier to vape. Cheers.

19. wanderlust

Mar 15, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Hey Lotus, thanks for the encouragment. Should have mentioned that last time I posted. Wasn't trying to rag on you. Good night.

20. wanderlust

Mar 15, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Girhine, hope you are holding out ok my friend. Perhaps we can see how well the protege performs when we are back home. Empathy seems to be a rare commodity these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.