YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
There are pro's and con's to every device so it is reasonable to discuss them.... folks read these threads and should be aware of each in choosing a device. I've noticed that only some of those who mention con's in this thread are chastised and others are not and other readers notice it too. So, if you only want pro's discussed to give the impression the G is perfect then you give a false impression of the G, or any device for that matter. Every device I have owned or tested these past 6 years has, or had, pro's and con's so I will continue to speak my peace. Just about every valid video reviewer discusses pro's and con's. If you don't like it then just ignore my comments. Others in this thread have mentioned con's also, and so have you, but I don't see you ragging on them or chastising yourself. .... Oh, and you might consider reading the pro's and con's that are openly discussed in other vaping forums. They are willing and continue to have civilized discussions of both the pro's and con's without an adversarial attitude.

I do "pick holes" in every device and yes, I have owned Yihi device. Not that it is important but for the past 4+ years I have volunteered to beta test many new products for many companies before they hit the market. Hundreds of con's (bugs and flaws) are noticed and eliminated during beta testing. These new devices, atty's, cartomizers, software, and etc. enhance and provide better and more advanced vape gear in this ever evolving vaping world. I don't need, nor want, a pat on the back as I'm only doing my part for the community.

I think your time would be better served to communicate with Yihi and let them know what updates you and others have posted that need to be looked at instead of downplaying them as if they are not there to the readers here. That would be a benefit to the community I would think.....
The difference here is you don't mention pro's. Find me a positive comment about a YiHi mod you have made, and you can go all the way back to the Q class threads!

If I remember rightly a whole new thread was made for the Q class so we could discuss the mod, rather than reading you repeating again and again about 200 Watts out of 2 18650 batteries.

I'm happy to discuss the cons of a mod that I own and use, I also would like to discuss the pros and share pics without you popping up trying to derail the thread with negatives you think you have found or posting baited questions with what you believe will highlight another negative.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I love this mod :) It's very nice, and I defintly want it replaced with the same model. I still have faith in Yihi, got a M class that has been rock solid for years.
But indeed malfunctions happen in electronic devices, even expensive ones, that's just normal.
Guess it was my turn to get unlucky (first mod ever that has shown faults in my entire (extensive) collection, so I have been luckly so far :) .

I send the supplier (cremedevape) a mail about the situation, they are contacting Yihi. Unfortunalty they don't seem to have stock anymore if it comes to replacement....but we'll see what Yihi says.
Hopefully I won't get the run around and it wil be replaced soon. Will report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyperspace

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
@HandsomeStan :

Yep.... I don't need to defend anything against your personal attack. I will say that I have posted informational videos, made favorable comments, corrected bad information about the G being available (not once but twice by the same vendor) for sale when it wasn't nothing but a pre-order, and yes posted con's, and etc. I have had numerous e-mail conversations with Yihi concerning questions folks have posted here and on many other forums, as well as about issues raised here and elsewhere by many posters. You see, I track down answers from the mod makers for yours, and others questions and comments. Bugs don't get fixed by just posting in a thread as the manufacturer needs caring vapors to communicate directly with them I think.... Have you communicated your cons and things you have posted that needed updating directly to Yihi? I would be interested with what they told you.
As far as battery safety.... I will continue to "preach" battery safety.... you can read the newsprint about "exploding devices" yourself. Any device (all devices considered) capable of overtaxing the capability of the battery/batteries is suspect.

I just watched a video about the G and the reviewer said he had spoken to Yihi and the reviewer said Yihi told him they were going to come out with a 1 year warranty. I trust the reviewer, and was impressed by his willingness to take the time to communicate directly with Yihi, and he reporting what he was told but the proof is going to be in the pudding... so keep your eye open for this....a 1 year warranty would be great if offered by Yihi and ALL devices IMO should have the same warranty and also a repair facility (or vendor who does repairs) in every country where they market their devices. You know the steps one must use to get warranty repair/replacement by Yihi.

I don't expect agreement with all I say or post but I do welcome CONSTRUCTIVE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CONVERSATION ABOUT THE CONTENT OF MY POSTS BUT COMMENTS THAT ARE PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE BEYOND THE PALE AND ONLY VINDICTIVE.

Since you singled me out, and no other posters, for my thead posts that talk about what I consider are cons (something that may need to be addressed) I hope in the future you ATTACK THE CONTENT OF MY POSTS AND NOT ATTACK THE POSTER. After all that is what the ECF Rules require. ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER. If you agree with a post just say so and if you don't then let's have a conversation about it and where necessary we can both ask Yihi. Does this sound plausible to you?
"Personal attack" "ATTACK THE POSTER" :w00t: haha seriously?

Not at all, I'm pointing out your relentless negative POSTS in Yihi threads. Do you do the same in dicodes, evolve and Provape threads? If so and you just enjoy researching mods and finding issues with them I genuinely apologise, if not then I cant help but stick by my opinion you have a personal vendetta against Yihi mods and its a form of trolling, ruining the enjoyment for other people to enjoy discussing the pros and cons of their purchase or future purchase.

I'm not here to fight or argue with people, sensible discussions are welcome as me and you have had in the past but I feel like you are trying to take a turd on something I am very happy with.

As to the year warranty, that would be awesome, something that should already be in place. Excellent news if it turns out to be true :thumb:

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Can we get back on track to discuss this awesome mod :) ;)

My reasons for selecting this one over the rest are:
- everything can be done from the mod....if you don't want (like me) to fiddle with software you don't have too, this is the sole reason I stay away from the newer DNA boards (but I have dna40 devices)
- fits 30mm beautifully (one of the few (only one?) 2*18650 mod with perfect fit)
- the screen
- the looks

What can be improved (stuff I miss):
- upload your own pictures! (booh to Yihi for not having it at launch)
- ability to turn off the light at the back
- would have been nice if it was a little bit less tall

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
@HandsomeStan

OK I took about 10 minutes and here are my posts since Post 184..... of these post I count 1 post where I initiated a "con" (issue that may need attention). Others along the way offered cons (issues that may need attention) and I only asked questions and made some comments. Below is the list so you can see that I'm not trolling nor against Yihi, This thread is about the G and only the G.... See list below....

You can review these and determine for yourself.... I have never personally attacked anybody in this thread. You must understand I research almost all devices when I have time and the beta processes I am ingrained with lead me to look super closely at all devices. I offer my thoughts and opinions just like everyone else. Identifying things that I feel need to be looked at (con's) may bring about a better device and better vaping experience for all. If I hated Yihi then why would I spend time e-mailing them with what I think are issues that may need to be looked at? I appreciate Yihi, and all the other manufacturers I communicate with when they take the time to respond back to me. I must say that not all of the things that I think are issues turn out to be issues but there are many that do and the good manufacturers correct them. I've sent many e-mails to Yihi from discussions in this thread and they haven't replied back yet, but they generally do most times.

Good day and hopefully we can talk openly about issues that need to be vetted and discussed in a civilized and non-combative atmosphere from now on...

Post 184 and my reply at post 185

Post 202 My post

Post 222 and my reply at post 223

Post 229 A Quote and my reply

Post 230 My post

Post 232 My post

Post 234 Quoted my post and it was replied to

Post 235 My post reply to post 234

Post 241 Quote and posted my question

Post 242 Poster replied to Post 241

Post 243 Reply to Post 242

Post 244 Quoted my question and poster answered

Post 246 Quoted my question and poster answered

Post 247 My comments to two quoted posts

Post 248 Quoted me and posters reply

Post 250 My post identifying an issue

Post 251 Quote and my question

Post 260 My quoted question at 251 – poster’s answer

Post 263 Quote and my reply - supports post 250

Post 268 My post in reference to post 267

Post 273 My question and comment for post 272

Post 277 Quote and my comments

Post 279 Quoted me with bold type and made personal attack

Post 280 My comments about post 279

Post 281 Quoted me and made accusations

Post 283 My response to post 281

Read your post 284...

NUMBER OF TIMES I PERSONALLY INITIATED A COMMENT ABOUT A CON (POSSIBLE ISSUE) ONE TIME AT POST 250

NUMBER OF TIMES I COMMENTED TO OTHERS WHO RIGHTFULLY INITIATED DISCUSSION ON A CON (POSSIBLE ISSUE) OR THEY ASKED A QUESTION: SEVERAL

SO YOU SEE @HandsomeStan YOUR PERSONAL ATTACK AGAINST ME AND YOUR ACCUSATIONS I DON'T FEEL ARE JUSTIFIED.

Reading that I almost felt happy to leave it and give you the benefit of the doubt but you decided to end it with shouting and crying about personal attacks.

You have not posted any positives about the G class or any sxmini mod I've ever seen and the cherry on the cake in "proving you only reply to cons" you admit to "only" posting 1 deliberate baited question.

I really have better things to do, I hold no grudges and i wish you all the best in your quest for the perfect Yihi mod that you might one day consider purchasing, but I think rather than clutter this thread up with more bickering I'll stick you on ignore :thumb:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA

- everything can be done from the mod....if you don't want (like me) to fiddle with software you don't have too, this is the sole reason I stay away from the newer DNA boards (but I have dna40 devices)
- fits 30mm beautifully (one of the few (only one?) 2*18650 mod with perfect fit)
- the screen
- the looks

The Boxer fits 30mm attys as well. I'm not dissing the mod. I just mentioned it in case you were looking for a second mod that can accommodate 30mm attys.

Cheers,
Steve

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK

- the screen
- the looks

Agreed :thumbs:

Yeah having spent a while with mine I'm really impressed with how the battery door is holding up, seems as stiff and nice to use as day one, I was worried about this!
The screen indeed is awesome but wasted at present, although the selection of 30 is varied none are my choice and I can't wait to be able to customise it. Particularly different layouts of the information.
One criticism after living with it for a bit is it is heavy I find myself grabbing my Q mini or Radius when going out as they are a bit more pocket friendly.

You have nothing to worry about, Keith will sort you out asap cremedevape has the best customer service around:thumb:

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Yea Keith is great, he's gonna Skype with Yihi first thing tomorrow. Unfortunalty they probably won't get stock for a few weeks if it has to be replaced, but that's ok, I can wait....just have to use one of my other 20+ mods LOL

Boxer was on my list for my 30mm mod a long time, but the price and looks put the Yihi on top for me. Still on my "once I get more money to blow away" list though :)

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Never been interested in the boxer before but it doesn't half look awesome with the 550 board, it's suddenly become a tempting mod!

Anyone know how much they weigh?
I know this isn't much help but from my understanding the Boxers are relatively light because the case is 3D printed. This is from their site: "Made of nylon plastic, the device is strong but yet light. The battery cover is press-fitted and can be conveniently opened."

I'll look around and see if I can find an actual number. If I can find one, I'll shoot you a PM.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: HandsomeStan

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Agreed :thumbs:

One criticism after living with it for a bit is it is heavy I find myself grabbing my Q mini or Radius when going out as they are a bit more pocket friendly.

I'm surprised to hear that. I would have thought the G would be more pocket friendly than the Q Mini.

Reactions: HandsomeStan

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I'm surprised to hear that. I would have thought the G would be more pocket friendly than the Q Mini.
Don't get me wrong, for a dual 18650 it's a very nice size, just the Q mini is lighter and flatter, fits in a pocket nicer. Not much in it though to be honest and I do still love the Q mini gives me a reason to use both :)

And if I want very light and super durable the Radius is my go to, can batter that polycarbonate and it still looks new no worries about damaging paintwork. Wondering if the boxer would be equally durable material, combined with its light weight I'm considering it with a 550j.

srg2692

Verified Member
May 5, 2016
I'm about to lose my mind waiting for this thing. It finally gets released, I finally have the money for it, finally place the order, and it disappears. Got shipping confirmation last Friday and the tracking hasn't updated since Saturday. USPS says that KMG never actually shipped it, KMG says that USPS lost it. Talk about frustrating. I'm still in the process of talking to KMG about getting it worked out.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Little update on my situation.
I got contacted by Yihi support and they now want a video (mmh FT style any1?).
Not to happy about it as it only happens incidental and after a few minutes, so I would have to take numerous 5 minute video's until it happens.

I did some more experimenting on my end, and I think it migth be related to the bleutooth. I turned this off and it hasn't occured since.

I still have 4 days to invoke the consumers right act and return it without questions asked, so I think I'll use those days to see if it occurs again, and if so try to catch it on video and apply for a return.
If it does not happen again (maybe turning bleutooth off resolved it) I'll think I just keep it, don't have android or apple devices and wasn't planning on using the app anyway

Update: Keith stepped in and also argued against the video demand from yihi, a big plus to cremedevape! We'll await yihi's response.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Until I am no longer a member of ECF ( which should be soon as I have requested all of my posts, threads, help threads, and tutorials on modding for the past 6 years be deleted or closed and my account be closed) I will provide information that effects vaping. These articles, of many, may be beneficial to read. I am surprised nobody here who keeps you all up to date has mentioned it. I offer this as a pro-active and positive attempt to inform you about changes with Apple apps banning e-cigarettes apps. Others here will say it is a negative post and that I'm Bashing Yihi which is crap, but hey you can decide as these articles do not single out Yihi... just a heads up for you guys...a public service announcement. Other reasons that Apple (iOS) is to ban e- cig software apps is that they advertise and sell within the app which Yihi is set up to do if you know how to operate the app.... What does this do to bluetooth?

Apple Rejects Vaping

Yes, Apple just banned vaping, but no, Apple is not making a vape! - Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread