Not open for further replies.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
SXG.jpg

SXG_Web_cover2.jpg

Thought this belonged in this thread, G class without the spiderweb, and the covers made of stainless steel as an optional extra!

Fingers crossed the G+ has the same option.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
It looks a ton better without the web covers. I imagine the G+ is the same way. :cool:
Yes mate, sure does look better but I have to admit though the spiderweb was kind of growing on me lol!
Looking at this pic knowing the size of 18650 batts you can see its going to be tiny!
sxmini-gplus-8-510x600.png

I hope they nail the hinge design, I'm sure Yihi will!
sxmini-gplus-7-510x600.png

You can see in this pic, the spiderweb just looks like it clicks on.
sxmini-gplus-6-510x600.png

sxmini-gplus-4-510x600.png

Reactions: Hyperspace

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I see the Q Mini has that silver strip on both sides.

GetImage.ashx
Yeah it was confirmed the "prototype" only had one removable door but I wouldn't be surprised if the production version has both removable doors. I was chatting with Yihi and asked a few question regarding the Q mini and G+, ill update the thread when I hear anything.

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
So the "SX Mini Q Mini" is a thing? Damn these regulations that might keep the "SX Mini Q Mini Mini" from coming out next year, not to mention the "SX Mini Q Mini Mini Mini" in 2018.

FDA regs won't affect Chinese manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toolbox875

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yes mate, sure does look better but I have to admit though the spiderweb was kind of growing on me lol!
Looking at this pic knowing the size of 18650 batts you can see its going to be tiny! View attachment 586439
I hope they nail the hinge design, I'm sure Yihi will!
View attachment 586441
You can see in this pic, the spiderweb just looks like it clicks on.
View attachment 586443
View attachment 586445

That was another thing I like about the G+. There seems to be less wasted space in it compared to the Q. It looks like it might be one of the most compact dual battery mods out there. :thumb:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yeah it was confirmed the "prototype" only had one removable door but I wouldn't be surprised if the production version has both removable doors. I was chatting with Yihi and asked a few question regarding the Q mini and G+, ill update the thread when I hear anything.

Yeah I don't see why they wouldn't make both panels removable.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The FDA regs only apply to vaping products sold in the US. So YiHi can make what they want, sell it to the rest of the world, while all of our mods fall apart and we can no longer replace them.

That's what I understood also that Yihi won't be able to sell new devices not grandfathered (two year grace period) in the USA after August 8 without going thru the FDA processes thus the FDA Demming Regs will effect China stuff for the USA market. They can sell their new devices (released after Aug. 8) worldwide but not in the USA unless they are approved according to the FDA reg's.

The way I understand it they can still sell the device you have for 2 years thus you will be able to replace the mods you have that fall apart.

At least that is my understanding of how it will work...

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I think they shouldve sticked to single, dual and triple batteries, loved the form factor for m and ml, with silicone case it is easy to swap batteries, q class looks great, then they shouldve created an "s" class thats triple batteries, i, g, g+ class, maybe ill slap myself later for saying it, it aint growing on me when it looks like a grenade with the webbed casing... M, ml, q is sexy, cant say the same for i, g, and g+

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I think they shouldve sticked to single, dual and triple batteries, loved the form factor for m and ml, with silicone case it is easy to swap batteries, q class looks great, then they shouldve created an "s" class thats triple batteries, i, g, g+ class, maybe ill slap myself later for saying it, it aint growing on me when it looks like a grenade with the webbed casing... M, ml, q is sexy, cant say the same for i, g, and g+

Yeah the new models are a departure from their old models. I guess either you love them or you don't. I think a triple battery mod would be a bit much to carry around and unnecessary since most people are getting 3 days battery life with their Q. I see Smok just came out with a quadruple battery mod which I think is really crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread