YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I'm sure the sx550 is going to be an epic board, the more I think about that $300 price tag for the G+ it just seems crazy though.

Fundamentally the 550 is the same as the 450 just in a different form factor with Bluetooth and a bigger screen. The specs are the same. Bluetooth is not expensive, the fact the Q mini has it at the same price as the Q shows that, and a tiny colour screen is not going to add much to the costs.

If it wasn't made out of zinc alloy I might think differently but there are not any other high end mods using this cheap and heavy material.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
So, are any of these devices available for sale yet? Is there a SX-Pure available anywhere for sale yet?

No & no
SX pure is apparently still in development, I was told this by Yihi directly a week ago.

Not good for folks in the USA I don't think..... Today is August 8, 2016..... FDA Demming Reg's..... yuck....

Reactions: Eskie

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Not good for folks in the USA I don't think..... Today is August 8, 2016..... FDA Demming Reg's..... yuck....
I thought the TPD was bad in the uk but it seems the government in the USA are even more corrupt than ours! Pharma and big tobacco are really pulling the strings behind the scenes.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Reactions: Eskie

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I'm sure the sx550 is going to be an epic board, the more I think about that $300 price tag for the G+ it just seems crazy though.

Fundamentally the 550 is the same as the 450 just in a different form factor with Bluetooth and a bigger screen. The specs are the same. Bluetooth is not expensive, the fact the Q mini has it at the same price as the Q shows that, and a tiny colour screen is not going to add much to the costs.

If it wasn't made out of zinc alloy I might think differently but there are not any other high end mods using this cheap and heavy material.

The way they have the G and G+ priced makes it sound like the screen costs a additional $60.

Reactions: HandsomeStan

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

I wouldn't be so sure about that! I have a SX450, IMO it's not any better than the 350j V2 :(
Witch isn't really any better than the 350 j V1 :(
Yihi has dropped the ball :( there hasn't been a good new product since the original SX mini IMO :(
Now their stealing design cues from Sigelei, witch were all ready stolen by P4Y :(
Yihi had it's 15 minutes of fame with the SX Mini, time to move on people :(

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Some of the same folks that own Yihi also own P4Y and Sigelei....have for years....

Now that it's August 9 and none of the "new stuff" is sold yet then they will have to go thru FDA process for approval to sell in the USA. At least that is my understanding. Yihi dropped the ball big time for US sales.... Photo shopped renditions of new stuff doesn't equate to availability and pre-orders don't count.

FDA..... yuck....
Timeline - FDA Regulations for Vapor Products and Vapers

http://sfata.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SFATADeemingReuglationsAnalysis.pdf

Last edited:

Pdizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2014
Alberta
Some of the same folks that own Yihi also own P4Y and Sigelei....have for years....

Now that it's August 9 and none of the "new stuff" is sold yet then they will have to go thru FDA process for approval to sell in the USA. At least that is my understanding. Yihi dropped the ball big time for US sales.... Photo shopped renditions of new stuff doesn't equate to availability and pre-orders don't count.

FDA..... yuck....
Timeline - FDA Regulations for Vapor Products and Vapers

http://sfata.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SFATADeemingReuglationsAnalysis.pdf
Varitube has videos of the products in his hand...

Reactions: Hyperspace

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Varitube has videos of the products in his hand...

Their adds for the new stuff says "Coming Soon"..... and they have no stock..... at least that is what I see..... couldn't find the video on their webs site but probably just didn't look in the right place??

Untitled.png

Last edited:

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Their adds for the new stuff says "Coming Soon"..... and they have no stock..... at least that is what I see..... couldn't find the video on their webs site but probably just didn't look in the right place??

View attachment 587263
There was one of each avaliable to buy the day they were listed, seems a few retailers have done this to try and get round the rules.
the videos are listed on a facebook group.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Link please..... I'd like to see them... thx
you already linked to one page, there was 1 in stock, now it states coming soon, vapin art and some other site I can't remember did the same.

If you mean the videos, they are on the sxmini brotherhood page, you can also see the sx550 in action.
Facebook

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
you already linked to one page, there was 1 in stock, now it states coming soon, vapin art and some other site I can't remeber did the same.

If you mean the videos, they are on the sxmini brotherhood page, you can also see the sx550 in action.
Facebook

OK... I'm not in the Brotherhood yet... thx.... but found a video on SX Mini web site...for the Q.... case looks different...

Last edited:

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
you already linked to one page, there was 1 in stock, now it states coming soon, vapin art and some other site I can't remember did the same.

From what I understand of the FDA rules, there only needed to be 1 single unit available on the market (anywhere) prior to the 8th for it to qualify as an existing product and then can continue to be sold for the next 2-3 years. Glad to see Boxer got their unit in too (picture from their FB). Choices are good.

2m30l8z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread