Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Yep I saw that Boxer enclosure picture (posted August 5). It says it's for the SX550J with the caption "Boxer SX550J is coming". Hopefully they sold a completed device before August 9....

Looks like they may have....even tho the picture shown may not be an actual device picture...

Boxer Mod Classic YiHi200W with SX550J TFT Bluetooth - Ginger Vaper

I was curious about the firmware and availability so I tried to click on the 2 links in their web page and they were not active...
** Firmware Download **

• Boxer Edition 200W HERE

Last edited:

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I wouldn't be so sure about that! I have a SX450, IMO it's not any better than the 350j V2 :(
Witch isn't really any better than the 350 j V1 :(
Yihi has dropped the ball :( there hasn't been a good new product since the original SX mini IMO :(
Now their stealing design cues from sigelei, witch were all ready stolen by P4Y :(
Yihi had it's 15 minutes of fame with the SX Mini, time to move on people :(
I really rate the Yihi boards, aswell as the sx mini mods themselves, fit & finish is top notch. I never had a 350j v1, my first sx was the ML which I think was a superb mod which introduced sxi-q software, customisable profiles and logo designer over the v1 aswell as a superior battery cap (although still not perfect) but I agree the 350 j-v2 and 450 are basically the same, obviously just higher limits on the 450 but it performs exceptionally well in watts and temp mode, realistically what is there to change?

Talking of not changing, I think the same can be said for the dna200, 133, 75 and the 60, they are all fundamentally the same board with different limits. Wismec boards have been the same since the evic mini too.

At least with the 550 it is introducing a nice big colour screen, bluetooth may sound like a gimmick but being able to set up all my profiles on my phone rather than messing about witha usb cable and my laptop is appealing and far less hassle.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished mods :thumb:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I really rate the Yihi boards, aswell as the sx mini mods themselves, fit & finish is top notch. I never had a 350j v1, my first sx was the ML which I think was a superb mod which introduced sxi-q software, customisable profiles and logo designer over the v1 aswell as a superior battery cap (although still not perfect) but I agree the 350 j-v2 and 450 are basically the same, obviously just higher limits on the 450 but it performs exceptionally well in watts and temp mode, realistically what is there to change?

Talking of not changing, I think the same can be said for the dna200, 133, 75 and the 60, they are all fundamentally the same board with different limits. Wismec boards have been the same since the evic mini too.

At least with the 550 it is introducing a nice big colour screen, bluetooth may sound like a gimmick but being able to set up all my profiles on my phone rather than messing about witha usb cable and my laptop is appealing and far less hassle.

I'm like you. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished mods and software. I guess each company designs and markets their products differently. I tried to find the software, for the new stuff coming, to download and have not seen it anywhere. I assumed it would be available by August 8, 2016 which is the FDA deadline for new stuff in the USA.

Only thing that matters is that a vaper finds the device that "trips their trigger" whether it be a Yihi, Joyetech, ProVape, and etc. I would mention the company you did but some in this thread don't like it when I do, but have no problem when others mention it, so I refrain... LOL

I was REALLY looking forward to try a SX-Pure coil to see how good it is. I try some new stuff to see if it can make my vape even better. I just tried a new SS "Notch Coil" by Wisemec and it's a "keeper for me". I don't build coils so I'm always looking for new and even better pre-made coils. I've read that the SX-Pure is still in development so I don't know if we will see it in the US.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I'm like you. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished mods and software. I guess each company designs and markets their products differently. I tried to find the software, for the new stuff coming, to download and have not seen it anywhere. I assumed it would be available by August 8, 2016 which is the FDA deadline for new stuff in the USA.

Only thing that matters is that a vaper finds the device that "trips their trigger" whether it be a Yihi, Joyetech, ProVape, and etc. I would mention the company you did but some in this thread don't like it when I do, but have no problem when others mention it, so I refrain... LOL

I was REALLY looking forward to try a SX-Pure coil to see how good it is. I try some new stuff to see if it can make my vape even better. I just tried a new SS "Notch Coil" by Wisemec and it's a "keeper for me". I don't build coils so I'm alwats looking for new and even better pre-made coils. I've read that the SX-Pure is still in development so I don't know if we will see it in the US.

If the SX pure is not able to be "sold" in the USA im sure a fellow forum member would happily send it on from say the UK ;)

Also I really cant see customs keeping on top of shipments from China, in the UK one of our corrupt pointless and crippling rules is no tanks over 2ml, they must be leak proof and have a leak free filling method meaning not one tank on the market will be OK. I will just order from China, I would prefer to support local and homegrown businesses but I wont be able to. all our rules will do is destroy UK businesses, the government will lose out on the taxes and hand all the business over to china.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
If the SX pure is not able to be "sold" in the USA im sure a fellow forum member would happily send it on from say the UK ;)

Also I really cant see customs keeping on top of shipments from China, in the UK one of our corrupt pointless and crippling rules is no tanks over 2ml, they must be leak proof and have a leak free filling method meaning not one tank on the market will be OK. I will just order from China, I would prefer to support local and homegrown businesses but I wont be able to. all our rules will do is destroy UK businesses, the government will lose out on the taxes and hand all the business over to china.

Yep, regulating vaping by big government is taking different paths worldwide... :(

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

I'm going to say it like I see it, hope some of you's don't get offended!
I have several SX boards/mods SX350, j, jv2, 450.
So this is my actual experience not opinions.

BT & a bigger screen :( sounds like Fluff to me, nothing innovative, just rehashed options from other devices :(
I spent 200.00 on an SXQ 450, NOT! worth the money! I could have got a 213 or an IPV400 for less than half that.

The vape gear market changes fast & Yihi isn't keeping up, today a 200.00 + mod better be spectacular cause there are plenty of real good mods for less than half that price.

Yihi thinks they can sell the same old stuff for top dollar :( Not in todays market & not to me anymore :(

Reactions: HandsomeStan

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side

BT & a bigger screen :( sounds like Fluff to me, nothing innovative, just rehashed options from other devices :(
I spent 200.00 on an SXQ 450, NOT! worth the money! I could have got a 213 or an IPV400 for less than half that.

The vape gear market changes fast & Yihi isn't keeping up, today a 200.00 + mod better be spectacular cause there are plenty of real good mods for less than half that price.

Yihi thinks they can sell the same old stuff for top dollar :( Not in todays market & not to me anymore :(

Not offended here.... you are entitled to an opinion... I too have experience with SX device.... didn't "trip my trigger" but I will still evaluate and possibly purchase ANY new device if it will enhance my vape experience. If it works for me then I'll keep it but if not I will sell it and move on. Thus I'm interested in this thread to see how it shakes out and whether it is worth my effort, and money, to try one... :)

As far as the cost of devices I think the FDA Reg's in the USA will drive the cost up even more but that is just my opinion. I've seen some of the new stuff just being made in the USA with advertised price of 150 to 200 bucks...:)

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK

I respect your opinion buddy we all like different things. I like you am sharing my personal experiences and have had a few ML classes and was about to buy my second Q class until I heard these announcements. I think the Q class is worth every penny, build quality is top notch, quality fire button, excellent 510 and a solid accurate board.

The 213 is junk, broken temp control and you cant even upgrade it, looks nice and feels good in the hand but build quality is nowehere near as good, cant comment on an ipv never tried one or wanted to. I get your point, you get a lot for your money with cheaper mods nowadays but they are nowhere near as nicely made.

What exactly has changed that yihi have not kept up with? There really has not been any big steps in vape technology since the dna200, sx350j-v2. Dicodes take on temp control in their latest board is very good but really they are all up to scratch.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
........There really has not been any big steps in vape technology since the dna200, sx350j-v2. Dicodes take on temp control in their latest board is very good but really they are all up to scratch.

Yep, big steps I've not seen either with any device, only more wattage, better TC regulation, some entering the bluetooth that others already had, and etc....

I look forward to the next "big thing" but the FDA now will cause great expense to bring them...at least in the USA...

What, to me, constitutes a "big thing"???? ..... well when I first vaped, we had only mech mods and cartomizer/cartridges, then came VV, then came VW, then came TP, and so what is next?

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
What, to me, constitutes a "big thing"???? ..... well when I first vaped, we had only mech mods and cartomizer/cartridges, then came VV, then came VW, then came TP, and so what is next?

I hope it is 'plug & play'.
New connector to replace the 510, snap your tank into place.
Coil read through the new connector, have SS, Ni, Ti, other? No problem, the coil will be read and the appropriate settings applied.
Fast charging onboard. Have 2 hours vaping from a 5 minute charge.
Better fill method. How? No idea, but something closed/sealed.

I DIY, and roll my own coils. If anything close to this came on the market for a not unreasonable price, I'd be sorely tempted to buy one.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I hope it is 'plug & play'.
New connector to replace the 510, snap your tank into place.
Coil read through the new connector, have SS, Ni, Ti, other? No problem, the coil will be read and the appropriate settings applied.
Fast charging onboard. Have 2 hours vaping from a 5 minute charge.
Better fill method. How? No idea, but something closed/sealed.

I DIY, and roll my own coils. If anything close to this came on the market for a not unreasonable price, I'd be sorely tempted to buy one.

Add to your list..... Automatic temperature adjustment of a standardized coil (no more coil building) to vaporize the liquid at the exact level that produces the best vapor/flavor.... No matter what e-liquid you use....:)

Reactions: ShowerHead

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Add to your list..... Automatic temperature adjustment of a standardized coil (no more coil building) to vaporize the liquid at the exact level that produces the best vapor/flavor.... No matter what e-liquid you use....:)

I like that too, that's kinda what I meant. You are much more eloquent!

Red73

Feb 8, 2016
New colors and design for the G+ class. They're not great but better than the spider web business

Attachments

• G-Class-Black-Titanium-800x800-1.png
    G-Class-Black-Titanium-800x800-1.png
    529.1 KB · Views: 178
  • G-Class-Black-Titanium-No-Web-800x800.png
    G-Class-Black-Titanium-No-Web-800x800.png
    413.8 KB · Views: 197
  • G-Class-Burgandy-Titanium-No-Web-800x800.png
    G-Class-Burgandy-Titanium-No-Web-800x800.png
    492.5 KB · Views: 172

Red73

Feb 8, 2016
I have been waiting for YiHi to release a dual 18650 mod with a good form factor. So I am definitely on the G+ class bandwagon. Personally I think I am going to get the black one and then get a wrap for it.

Also, for those of you intrigued by the sx Pure. I have it and tbh it's not that great. I prefer to use my rebuildable tanks instead and have left it to collect dust. IMO I would say it's a basic peasant person vape and more of a gimic at this early stage.

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I have been waiting for YiHi to release a dual 18650 mod with a good form factor. So I am definitely on the G+ class bandwagon. Personally I think I am going to get the black one and then get a wrap for it.

Also, for those of you intrigued by the sx Pure. I have it and tbh it's not that great. I prefer to use my rebuildable tanks instead and have left it to collect dust. IMO I would say it's a basic peasant person vape and more of a gimic at this early stage.

I didn't like the IPV version of the SX Pure either. Perry claims the YIHI version is tons better but I have no idea when they're going to release it. The only thing I heard is YIHI wanted to release their new mods before the SX Pure.

Red73

Feb 8, 2016
Yes I believe they chose to release it using ipv instead of parent company YiHi to save them any backlash. Without even knowing I sort of expected a premium YiHi version of the sx Pure either way.
I'm content with them releasing mods first. With stuff like sx Pure and ceramic coils, they need as much time as they can get to perfect the craft.

Does anyone know release dates or time frames for the G+?

Reactions: Hyperspace

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I stay away from tanks that use proprietary coils. I prefer to build. That way I have control over what the material is and the end quality. The other way just keeps you spending money. On top of that, with the regs, who knows if coils will even be around. They can never stop the sale of wire!

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread