You do not want a ProVari if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
...Unless you plan to kindap her and lock her in a refrigerator filled with Japanese Giant Hornets

img_5856.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You do not need a ProVari (or anything else) when

...you open a thread by stating I'm 19 and have never touched an analog a day in my life nor do I ever plan to, and don’t understand why you aren't welcomed to the forum with open arms and applauded for your decision.

...you fail to grasp the heartbreaking irony of this statement: Everyone is so much cooler then me because they smoked analogs for 30 years. I sometimes forget how much more experienced in life that makes you. You might have been smoking cigarettes behind the school before I was born, but I was doing CPR saving a life this morning before you have you first cup of coffee.

...you are under the impression the average American gives a rat’s tush about the "rights" of ex-smokers to have access to less harmful alternatives to tobacco when they read articles claiming children will start vaping because they think it’s harmless and will get hooked on nicotine.

...you attempt to justify your decision by stating: I'm not vaping nic though I do it as a stress reliever and to relax…I'm also doing it as a diet thing, when cutting and anorexia are way cooler.

Rawr
cheetah_icon_by_topazdragon19-d35u537.gif

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You do not need a ProVari (or anything else) when

...you open a thread by stating I'm 19 and have never touched an analog a day in my life nor do I ever plan to, and don’t understand why you aren't welcomed to the forum with open arms and applauded for your decision.

...you fail to grasp the heartbreaking irony of this statement: Everyone is so much cooler then me because they smoked analogs for 30 years. I sometimes forget how much more experienced in life that makes you. You might have been smoking cigarettes behind the school before I was born, but I was doing CPR saving a life this morning before you have you first cup of coffee.

...you are under the impression the average American gives a rat’s tush about the "rights" of ex-smokers to have access to less harmful alternatives to tobacco when they read articles claiming children will start vaping because they think it’s harmless and will get hooked on nicotine.

...you attempt to justify your decision by stating: I'm not vaping nic though I do it as a stress reliever and to relax…I'm also doing it as a diet thing, when cutting and anorexia are way cooler.

Unfortunately I got involved in an uncomfortable debate with some folks in this thread debating the above issues.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/393031-new-trying-figure-out-setup-works-me.html

I still find it hard to believe people were taking the side of the non-smoking kid who wanted recommendations for an ecig for use to help him/her to relax, especially with the current political climate and the FDA rulings about to begin right around the corner.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Unfortunately I got involved in an uncomfortable debate with some folks in this thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/393031-new-trying-figure-out-setup-works-me.html

I still find it hard to believe people were taking the side of the non-smoking kid who wanted recommendations for an ecig, especially with the current political climate and the FDA rulings about to begin right around the corner.

It's ok Mr. "Old Guard," reading Catch 22 has apparently fallen out of fashion.

ETA: I elected to express my feelings here rather than jump into the fray and posting something inappropriate like suggesting swallowing ground glass to relieve stress.

ETAA: While I would rather see kids vaping than using @pium derivatives or bubble bath powder, I don't want them to think I'm condoning their behavior. Still, there is something to be said for "thinning the herd."

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
MaDeuce said:
...... you think you know what's best for everyone else.
This could be interpreted in two ways. I was going to ask you for clarification of exactly what you meant, either meant as a joke in the theme of this thread, or meant as a slam against my stance.

Message deleted upon further thought.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
...(while you may be making a joke, if not) you failed to comprehend that I don't care what anyone chooses to do with their body, unless their novelty seeking could have an impact on my access to the products that have gotten me off of tobacco - something I never thought possible.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...(while you may be making a joke, if not) you failed to comprehend that I don't care what anyone chooses to with their body, unless their novelty seeking could have an impact on my access to the products that have gotten me off of tobacco - something I never thought possible.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

"In theory, anything that wasn't on the market prior to 2007 could be banned until it was approved for sale by the FDA, unless it could prove that it is “substantially equivalent” to a “grandfathered” product that was being sold.

Because electronic cigarette designs have changed and improved so dramatically since 2007 and many weren't even on the market in the U.S. prior to 2007, this regulation could deny consumers access to hundreds of existing products (leaving them access only to products on the market prior to February 2007) and put many electronic cigarette companies out of business - unless and until they can demonstrate their product does not raise different questions of public health compared to the approved products.

The criteria to gain this approval is highly subjective and required documentation could be time consuming and extremely expensive. However, there is speculation that this provision could be altered to allow the technologies that exist as of the deeming in 2013 (or perhaps some date in between).

This would obviously be better than limiting consumers to outdated, pre-2007 products, but the current environment of fast-paced development and release of new e-cigarette technology would be stopped in its tracks."
The FDA & Deeming Regulations of E-cigarettes

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
<snip> I don't care what anyone chooses to with their body, unless their novelty seeking could have an impact on my access to the products that have gotten me off of tobacco - something I never thought possible.

I wholeheartedly agree with this libertarian sentiment! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been married for over 20 years. They absolutely can NOT borrow my Provari.

Regards,
Henny Youngman

jazon1:8940061 said:
...you think a Twist or a Spinner is a dance move....

me and the wife started a "the provari is better then a husband/wife because" list the other night out of boredom we came up with a few good ones ill see if i can remember any of them....

a provari is better then a woman because you can always turn it on with a push of a button...
a provari is better then a woman because its ok when your friends ask to borrow it....
a provari is better then a woman because only the first date is expensive.....

sorry ladys dont remember any of the provari is better then a man ones right now maybe the wife will remind me of some when she gets home lol.

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
This could be interpreted in two ways. I was going to ask you for clarification of exactly what you meant, either meant as a joke in the theme of this thread, or meant as a slam against my stance.

Message deleted upon further thought.

Actually it was directed toward a member who's not present due to his/her seemingly limitless amount of vaping knowledge that contradicts and clearly disproves anything anybody else has to say. Not to be an ..., but successfully dripping liquid onto a hot coil is not rocket science and if someone finds something that works well for them they shouldn't have to suffer some jack-... trying to rain all over their parade. From an individual perspective; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Besides Ocelot, I would never be indignant with you, we're not married yet. :p

And Bad, you're a terrific source of actual, usable knowledge of which I've used quite often.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
You don't need a Provari if..........

You think China is leading the technical revolution.
You think it's better to buy four of something rather than spend the same money on one.
You still think AMC Pacers are a good car.
You don't understand why someone would even want a supercar, much less buy one!
You buy all of your tools from Harbor Freight.
You swear the cheap bagged chips taste just as good as Pringles!
You want something shiny and pretty, but will NEVER take it out of the house!
You can't understand why having a 4 wheel drive truck will just get you stuck faster if you don't pay attention!
You think your Toyota Prius is saving the environment even after the steel was shipped to China, then Japan, then the car is shipped to the US!
You think chrome plated brass is just as good as any metal on the market!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread