You have GOT to read this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reviews-suppliers/96313-tasty-vapor.html

Okay, background on this thread. Ramilya had taken a chat session on Live Help from someone who said they were a new customer, that he was interested in purchasing a single Banana Nut Bread e-liquid, but insisted that being that he was a new customer he only wanted to pay the "Weekly Special" price.

While Ramilya, in the most polite way, declined his offer, most of us here were aware of what was going on, and felt like someone was attempting the most rudimentary manipulation tactics to get their way. This individual got off of Live Chat after assuring Ramilya that he would be posting his experience on the ECF.

An hour later, the business phone rings and I begin talking to a gentleman. He states that he's a long time e-cig user and knew we didn't do samples, which I alerted him to the thread on our supplier forum. He seemed thrilled about that and begin stating that he was interested in Banana Nut Bread in particular (one flag went up in my head), he also stated that he would be a new customer of Tasty Vapor (another flag went up) and that AS a new customer he was only interested in paying the Flavor Of The Week price for his liquid (the red flag flies high).

It is one thing to manipulate my wife, in the most infantile way possible, but to decide to call someone else and try and manipulate them (ME) into doing the same when you don't get your way? No no no, a thousand times no.

Tasty Vapor has a fantastic product at an already fantastic price and we have HUNDREDS of new customer who come to our (online) shop and make a purchases, love our products and return! It's called BUSINESS. But this cat seems to have a bloated sense of self-entitlement and it was my job to stroke it for him....No no no no NO!

We love our customers, and we love taking care of our customers, but we DO NOT become a Flea Market when someone ponces through our doors saying what they want and naming the prices they're willing to pay to have it.

IF we were talking 15+ bottles or something, sure, the site is designed to automatically extend a discount, but ONE BOTTLE?!? Come on dude.

In the end, the guy really fleeced himself a jerk on the forums. And it makes me grateful for the client base that we do have, because you guys really are on the "down to earth" side and it becomes apparent when someone like this knocks on our doors.

So, for you 4,034 other customers of Tasty Vapor who are NOT like this. You have my undying thanks!

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
In the business I am in, there is a "triangle" of

1-Quality product
2-Fast production
3-Discounted pricing

Generally, a business is able to provide two of these, and the customer has to decide what they're willing to sacrifice.
Do you want quality product at lower prices? You'll have to wait longer.
Want it fast and at a low price? You'll sacrifice quality.
Want quality and speed? You'll have to pay more.
I think this would apply to almost any business model.

Somehow, TV satifies all three of these tenets by providing reasonably priced quality products in a very timely manner.

Thanks Geoff!

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
Crapballs! I didn't get to chime in on the offensive thread before the lock.

Anybody care to guess why that oh-so-successful "English businessman" would be so farking wired up to save five bucks? Seems to me that, if he was actually a success, the time he wasted A) calling to get a different answer and B) writing a big whine about it should have been worth much more than five dollars.

What's his business? Envelope stuffing? Coupon clipping? Professional sponge/welfare recipient? Did he want to pay with food stamps?

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
But anyway, what people don't understand about me, is that I'm a human. I don't run a stuffed shirt corporate modeled operation here. In fact my wife do what we do specifically because worked in that business model for years, and we despise that business model. The people, the politics, BLEH, keep it!

What we DO run equates to a Mom & Pop operation who has a very "hands on" approach, we care about what we offer, take great care in making it as unique as possible and we appreciate our clientele.

But along with that Mom & Pop mentality, we don't take a lot of guff that people are used to doling out with these customer service banks of people who are paid to sit and listen to people whine.

We love helping people, but none of us here are paid to be dehumanized by anybody and if someone attempts to do that to any of my staff, you bet I'll let the bulldog out.

The people I have working here have been amazed by what we do and have gone OUT of their way to be available to mix, pack, ship, order, you name it. And they have 100% confidence in this operation and their roles in it.

So yeah, I'm protective of them, just as I'm protective of my customers. And no, we can't please everybody 100% of the time, but I think our track record shows, we'll bend over backwards trying.

So, when some cheap ... comes in slinging his ego over $5, please, none of us have time for that. Not you, not me, not at all.

This is a damned good product. We doubt you'll find better deals for the quality we offer, the quantity we offer.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
TV has a different FOTW every week. Recently there have been more than one each week. He could wait for the flavor he wants to be on sale.

They also offer quantity discounts for sales over $100.

They are a new business. It's going to be a long time before a sizable number of their customers each month are not new.

But my favorite part was having Ramilya say no so he went to Geoff. It's like a 4-year-old who is told he can't have a cookie by one parent so he tries to get the other parent to say yes. I can just see him sitting next to the phone after he talked to Geoff and saying "But I WANT it!"

Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US
Don't worry about it Geoff. You have a very satisfied customer base that will come back to your liquids over and over. There will always be that person, whether they are there to waste your time, be obnoxious or whatever.

Funny thing is, I bet if he ordered it at the price stated, he would have been satisfied by your products. Oh well, tough luck for him. I will continue to enjoy my TV, thank you very much :p

You and your team rock! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread