Your preferred wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse James

Jun 2, 2019
Seattle,WA
Hey guys! I've been vaping for between 1 & 2 years now and I feel I've found my comfort zone. I always run a two-battery mod, .4 OHM coil and always between 50-60 watts. Is that a normal wattage or do you run higher or lower? I know it depends on the resistance etc... but I just want to see if I'm not alone in this kind of setup.
Thanks, JJ

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Resistance is a kinda fickle thing. Use SS or another lower resistance metal and you're going to get a much lower resistance number than with Kanthal with a similar build. Wire gauge, length of coil and choice of attie is probably more significant here :)

These days I like my vape at around 15ish watts. Watts are way more important to my vape than resistance is. Occasionally I will ramp up to around 40 with an appropriate attie, but not often.

Whatever works for you is good for you. Vape on JJ :thumb:

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hey guys! I've been vaping for between 1 & 2 years now and I feel I've found my comfort zone. I always run a two-battery mod, .4 OHM coil and always between 50-60 watts. Is that a normal wattage or do you run higher or lower? I know it depends on the resistance etc... but I just want to see if I'm not alone in this kind of setup.
    Thanks, JJ

It sort of depends on coil resistance but it Mainly depends on your first line in your post, that's you been in your Comfort Zone! So if you're happy with the vape that's the main thing!
    Normal is what put a smile on your face while vaping:vapor:
    There is No normal to be found here:lol::lol:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I did a similar poll last year.

How many watts do you vape at? (2018)

Depends upon the tank (and coils) I'm using.

Using an original Uwell Crown clearomizer with 0.5 ohm coils, 30 watts is generally my sweet spot. (recomended wattage range for this coil is 30 - 40 watts)

Using a Geekvape Cerberus clearomizer with 0.2 ohm coils, 16 - 20 watts is the range I like. (recommended wattage range for this coil is 40 - 80 watts)

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I know it depends on the resistance

Example of some Kanthal coils.

26awg 2mm ID 5 wraps.
    24awg 3mm ID 5 wraps
    Clapton 24awg core x 36awg wrap 3mm ID 5 wraps.

All almost identical in resistance at approx. 0.5 ohms (plus or minus a tenth or so). But due to the mass of the coil, all require a vastly different power settings

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I change coils too often to have a normal wattage. My range on the other hand is 40 (profile) to 75 (freemax). I use a few other attys between those ranges.

On the other hand my fiance vapes the resistance coil, on the same mod, at the same wattage, with the same juice. I think she's at 47w or something very specific. Whatever works.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Usually about 10 watts MTL with an SS316L coil, 6 to 8 wraps, .5 to .8. ohms. Slightly warm vape. When the coil is new I vape at 7 or 8 watts for a day or two and then turn it up once the coil begins to break in and coat over a little. It's very much like the exhale plume I got from a cigarette back in 2010. Juice is 70pg at the moment and that makes a big difference in throat hit at low wattage.

All I ever wanted was for my vape to recreate the actions of smoking a cigarette. Clouds are a pain when I'm walking around in a mall. I've vaped in Walmart and other stores for years and no one has ever told me I couldn't, but I'm pretty stealthy and considerate.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread