Not open for further replies.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
What's your All Day Voltage?

A number should pop out at you without even checking. Even though you may change it when switching toppers, chances are there is a voltage that your ProVarii stay on almost all the time.

Mine is 4.5v. It's what I use for my single 3Ω coils and my 1.5Ω Dual coils (2x 3Ω). Keeps me in 6W/coil range.

I'd say 95% of the time. Unless I'm using the ZAP or the Diver.

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
A lot of my coils are 2.0 to 2.5 ohm right now, and one juice I have it set to 3.1 V any higher mabe 3.2 V or 3.4 V and it will start to taste bad that juice is Vermillion river Georgia peach. On another one same coil ohm I have it at 3.8 which is wicked good blueberry blast, it just vapes at a higher temp. I have 1 RDA that I am using on a mini, with 5 pawn's gambit, I have it set to 4.0 V, and it has a 2.2 ohm coil. My Kayfun lite with 5 pawn's grand master, I built a 2.5 ohm coil for it, and I have been using it at 4.0 V. I was surprised that with the juice I am vapiing, I have to change the voltage, to find the sweet spot.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
A lot of my coils are 2.0 to 2.5 ohm right now, and one juice I have it set to 3.1 V any higher mabe 3.2 V or 3.4 V and it will start to taste bad that juice is Vermillion river Georgia peach. On another one same coil ohm I have it at 3.8 which is wicked good blueberry blast, it just vapes at a higher temp. I have 1 RDA that I am using on a mini, with 5 pawn's gambit, I have it set to 4.0 V, and it has a 2.2 ohm coil. My Kayfun lite with 5 pawn's grand master, I built a 2.5 ohm coil for it, and I have been using it at 4.0 V. I was surprised that with the juice I am vapiing, I have to change the voltage, to find the sweet spot.

Ahhh... Another person who adjusts voltage to taste depending upon the juice. ;) Even when I used VW devices, I adjusted them up and down just as much as with VV. :) It's dramatic how flavors can change due to PG / VG ratios, brands / types of flavoring, amounts used, etc..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ahhh... Another person who adjusts voltage to taste depending upon the juice. ;) Even when I used VW devices, I adjusted them up and down just as much as with VV. :) It's dramatic how flavors can change due to PG / VG ratios, brands / types of flavoring, amounts used, etc..
I prefer a cooler vape. I use Ikenvape standard resistance; 510 Fusions (3.0 ohm) or Platinum (2.5 ohm).

I adjust voltage to my flavors. I typically change flavors 3 - 4 times a day. Fruit flavors (3.5 - 3.8 v) seem best at lower voltage. Other flavors like coffee & tobacco higher (4.0 - 4.4 v). I very rarely will go past 4.5 volts.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
Is it possible for a Provari to start running at higher volts than what it's set at? I always use the same flavor with 2.8 ohm atomizers and I tend to prefer ranges from 3.7 - 4.2, but something's changed. I can no longer set it any higher than 3.1 without burning the liquid. It's more than just a burned flavor. I would normally get very little vapor at such low levels, but I'm getting clouds at even the lowest possible setting (2.9). I'm thinking it's more likely an issue with the atomizers, since they're a new batch I recently ordered (same brand, same vendor). Can atomizer resistance get messed up somehow? I'm just not sure what's going on.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
The problem with setting a voltage, "set it and forget it" is that atomizer coils are made out of "Brown 25". If not for this fine component we probably could set it and forget it, but I must admit Provari' are much better at regulating the voltages ...I use 4.2 volts @ 1.8 ohms with BCC Kanger Tech coils, and 4.7 volts with my Z-Attys, four or five twists with 32 ga. Kanthal. (I have no idea the resistance).

This is why pre-made factory coils are sooooo dependable

:vapor:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Ah like ah yeah....

See my post of what they are made of!

LOL

Is it possible for a Provari to start running at higher volts than what it's set at? I always use the same flavor with 2.8 ohm atomizers and I tend to prefer ranges from 3.7 - 4.2, but something's changed. I can no longer set it any higher than 3.1 without burning the liquid. It's more than just a burned flavor. I would normally get very little vapor at such low levels, but I'm getting clouds at even the lowest possible setting (2.9). I'm thinking it's more likely an issue with the atomizers, since they're a new batch I recently ordered (same brand, same vendor). Can atomizer resistance get messed up somehow? I'm just not sure what's going on.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Do you want a throat hit?

Add a little PGA like 1-2ml per 30ml.

191 proof adds a whole lota-a-punch!

I guess I have a weird sensitivity when it comes to wattage. While many flavors may taste better if I drop my voltage to 4.2, I get an after hit throat tickle. If I run a little hotter it diminishes. I basically have to sacrifice a little flavor for comfort.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Extremely unlikely the problem is with the Provari. They have the reputation of having the most precise and accurate processor on the market.

Have you checked the resistance of the atomizers with the Provari's built-in meter? Do they read out as the same resistance as what you used prior? Vendors can make mistakes and send the wrong ones. Coil resistance can change, or have a variance from what they are supposed to be, but shouldn't be off by more than 0.2 + or -.

Ikenvape once sent me 3 boxes of the wrong cartomizers; LR XL cartomizers which are way too warm for me to use. I could have sent them back to exchange them for SR, but never got around to it. I ended up swapping them with MattnNati in exchange for my favorite e-liquid when we met up at AltSmoke's Vapor Lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread