Status
Not open for further replies.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Oh Adeline now you can "stop" buying stuff!
:lol:

No more cartos for me, I agree a 100 ft roll of wire is better and cheaper.
And,,,,

now I can stop buying stuff

:laugh:

Yeah, yeah. Just bought a damn $80 rba, 2 glass tanks, 2 different cottons for wicking, and silver nr wire. Ooops! And I STILL need to order from WL. Then, I'm done, I swear! Ugh...

Adeline, please do a review of the Killer once you've tried it. Very much interested in this, too.

Hope to have my AGA Tiamamat plus up and running this weekend. My Bully drip tip came for the Silver Bullet. :D

I will review the Killer. There's already a short thread on it, but of course I'll do it up like last time. :p

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Here's my new purple provari and my new ZAP. I wish I could use the ZAP on the purple one but the wick lines up at an odd angle on it. Which RBA us my favorite? In all honesty.. the $15 Drunker tank! Adeline... what other RBA did you buy? I also ordered some new 14900 batts from superTmfg. I too am going to STOP buying now! :unsure:

DSC_0940_zpsa5cafdd1.jpg

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Here's my new purple provari and my new ZAP. I wish I could use the ZAP on the purple one but the wick lines up at an odd angle on it. Which RBA us my favorite? In all honesty.. the $15 Drunker tank! Adeline... what other RBA did you buy? I also ordered some new 14900 batts from superTmfg. I too am going to STOP buying now! :unsure:

Hey Donnah, nice setups there! I couldn't bring myself to purchase a $150 RBA that leaks if you set it sideways. :/ Maybe someday though!

I bought the Killer 705 .. The best way to describe it is a rebuildable cartomizer. Build it, put it in a carto tank, fill and go. I'm not sure if it can be used without the carto tank, but I'll find out! Should be interesting! I have a couple different tanks coming, so I'll figure out what works and doesn't. :)

Oh and the RBC is coming across the pond from Greece, so I have a nice loooong wait to look forward to...

Ansah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
USA
...I couldn't bring myself to purchase a $150 RBA that leaks if you set it sideways. :/ Maybe someday though!

When I researched the ZAP last month I came to the exact same conclusion. And not just leaking, but the cap apparently pops off rather easily if you try to carry it around. Phil Busardo called it a "cigar" atty in his review, meaning that it's best used for certain, limited occasions when relaxing at home. Cool, but not $150 worth of cool for me, who doesn't exactly live a gentleman's life of leisure LOL.

I bought the Killer 705 ..

I have a Cobra coming in the mail, which will be my first "top shelf" RBA, but the Killer has moved to the top of my wish list. This is the only rebuildable device I've seen that can be used with standard carto tanks, replacing the disposable carto. What's the fish net filler material called? Seri? Sera? Google isn't turning anything up, so I must have gotten it wrong... Adeline, I look forward to your review of the Killer (I wish it had a more Flower Power-like name, but a rose by any other and all of that...)

It's a SS ring, which just sits on top. There's another one coming soon that is a Hippo, it screws to the 510 connector.

Ah, the search that brought me to this thread. I am looking for a ring that will give me a hybrid look with the Provari and a 510 RBA. It's just cosmetic, I know, but I still want one. Is it likely to impede airflow? And Shahzh, are there places to get these inexpensively?

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
When I researched the ZAP last month I came to the exact same conclusion. And not just leaking, but the cap apparently pops off rather easily if you try to carry it around. Phil Busardo called it a "cigar" atty in his review, meaning that it's best used for certain, limited occasions when relaxing at home. Cool, but not $150 worth of cool for me, who doesn't exactly live a gentleman's life of leisure LOL.

I have a Cobra coming in the mail, which will be my first "top shelf" RBA, but the Killer has moved to the top of my wish list. This is the only rebuildable device I've seen that can be used with standard carto tanks, replacing the disposable carto. What's the fish net filler material called? Seri? Sera? Google isn't turning anything up, so I must have gotten it wrong... Adeline, I look forward to your review of the Killer (I wish it had a more Flower Power-like name, but a rose by any other and all of that...)

RE: the ZAP. Yeah, I hear you. I like to throw my provari in the case that I use (soft material), throw it in a bag, or throw it directly into the car and go. I hated VVNs because they leaked like crazy (I apparently overfilled them all the time). If a next-gen ZAP comes leak proof and pop-cap proof, I'd be willing to give it a try... After I'd experimented with SS mesh on a cheaper device. Still haven't ventured THAT way yet.

The killer instantly intrigued me. I always wanted to try carto tanks. I'd pick out a phiniac and put it in the shopping cart every now and then.. But I dislike cartos. They don't last that long for me, you have to fill them JUST right (and often! like an atty, ugh..), and I was not excited about having to either buy pre-punched, or waste a lot of them learning how to punch. Too much effort for a disposable piece. The way I'm going, I try not to buy disposable hardware.

So when I saw the Killer (I too am not sold on the name), I was very excited. Took about a day for me to decide to give it a shot. Bought that phiniac I always wanted, and a second thinner tank. All glass.. Been wanting to try some citrus juices but afraid of what that could do to the Drunker. And I don't like dripping! I have an A7 for testing my DIY but I don't really enjoy using it for lounging around!

Apparently they're shipping a ceramic wick in it, but of course I'll be trying all kind of different things. I'm excited to tear it down and put it back together. With the ceramic cup, it should rebuild similar to the Drunker and the VVN, with some major differences.

What fish net filler material are you talking about? In cartos? I thought that was a poly fill batting? Not sure.

Ansah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
USA
What fish net filler material are you talking about? In cartos? I thought that was a poly fill batting? Not sure.

The white spongy stuff that you wrap around the Killer center piece. I saw a video (I don't think it was YouTube, but Vimeo or something, I can't remember) and the guy said to get "sera" or "seri" wrap... He even spelled it, in English but with what may have been a Greek accent. It looked like a poly fill kind of thing, but I have no idea what it really is.

I'll have to go through that Killer thread and see if I can find it again. Or if anyone can tell me what standard, inexpensive carto fill material to get, it would be appreciated.

I've been doing cartos and DIY carto punches (I've been doing some of about everything it seems) and do like tanked cartos. But yeah, I want to go as non-disposable as possible too. This is why I got excited about the Killer.

And BOTH my Valley View Tanks with side hole AND Drunker arrived today (this is getting so out of control it's silly). Since the Drunker is already pre-assembled, I'm inclined to just fill it and fire it up, though it might be wise to give it a cleaning first.

varivapr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
New York
I have a satin silver Provari V2 and a satin black mini V2.5 along with a ZAP and an AGA-T+. The AGA works very well and produces equal vapor quality to the ZAP and leaks less but looks nowhere near as purdy. I bring the provari and AGA to work and everywhere else and use the mini and ZAP at home only. I am very happy with both setups and would highly reccommend the AGA-T+ for a starter rba. Ive spoken with eric at DV and he dropped a hint that there will be new tanks with smooth fired edges coming with the aga very soon. cannot beat that for $30

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Not sure which setup I like more...

index.php
index.php

And I can switch the Pro-Caps around. I didn't think I'd like the black delrin as much as the aluminum, but so far its taking the cake.

First is AGA-T (1.6Ω #500 SS) w/brushing
Second is AGA-T2 (1.7Ω #500 SS)

So it comes entirely down to aesthetics, as they are performing as close to each other as I can get. The aluminum doesn't quite match the polished SS, possibly why I like the delrin more. It may work with the brushed though, haven't put it on there and checked it out.

Ideally, there would be a black mini sitting under one of those...

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Not sure which setup I like more...

And I can switch the Pro-Caps around. I didn't think I'd like the black delrin as much as the aluminum, but so far its taking the cake.

First is AGA-T (1.6Ω #500 SS) w/brushing
Second is AGA-T2 (1.7Ω #500 SS)

So it comes entirely down to aesthetics, as they are performing as close to each other as I can get. The aluminum doesn't quite match the polished SS, possibly why I like the delrin more. It may work with the brushed though, haven't put it on there and checked it out.

Ideally, there would be a black mini sitting under one of those...

Those look nice. The black delrin pro cap looks surprisingly good!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My AGA T+ has been set up for a couple of days now. Resistance is 1.6 ohm. Not thrilled with the flavor, but I can't decide what flavor to use with it. Tried a coffee, then an apple/cinnamon, and tried some Pluid. The Pluid is definitely coming out tomorrow; in a cartotank it was pleasant tasting like a sweet black jelly bean flavor, but in the AGA its more like black licorice.

I've always preferred a cooler vape with my cartotanks, so I'm thinking the 1.6 ohm is too low of a resistance for my enjoyment. I may wrap another coil to try for a higher resistance closer to 2.0 -2.4 ohm. Anyone using a coil at that resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread