The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Which RBA sits atop your ProVari?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by adeline, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    I tried Pluid once. All I could taste was black licorice. I think it was either in a Nova or a carto tank (can't remember, none of it was mine). I ...hate... black licorice. I will not be trying that again!!

Can't give you much help with coils -- I vape whatever I wrap, and have tried 1.2 - 3ohms. I'd prefer to stay in the 1.6-2.4 range though.

Can't help you with the flavor change with different resistances though.

2. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    How old is the wick Bad? I forgot they have a break in period last time I made one and was tripped out by its lack of performance. Then around 2mL later all was honky dory.

It'd be interesting if you could get an ingredient like menthol but without it changing the flavor profile, could make anything a cool vape. Got some in there now with a 1.6ohm & its like breathing icy air haha.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

3. Bud Man

Bud Man Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2013
    Dallas
    I'm waiting on a Genisis to get here will be my first RBA!

4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The wick was made a couple of weeks ago, but it never touched any eliquid until last weekend. With the first coil that I wrapped, as I was adjusting it for hot spots, the wire broke between the top coil and the connection to the + post. The remaining wire that came with the starter kit was pretty wonky looking so I tossed it. I had to wait for more from RTD vapor.

I've used menthol drops to add some coolness to my fruit flavors in cartotanks before. This second coil is going on about it's third tankful of juice. The resistance reading is 1.5 ohm on the Provari. Just going on the fact that I like a 3.0 ohm atty with my VV mods and 2.0-2.5 ohm on my mechanicals, I was thinking of wrapping a higher ohm coil to see how that would vape. So far I'm largely impressed with the vapor production, but I haven't reached the flavor I've enjoyed with a fresh carto in a tank yet, so I'm mildly disappointed so far.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I'm vaping Pluid out of an AGA-T at exactly 2.0 ohm and I'm running the ProVari at 3.6v. Tastes great to me. Like a sweet black Jelly Bean. The lower I drop the voltage, the sweeter and cooler the vape gets. For some reason, Pluid actually tastes better on a Vamo, using those same settings, but as it's the only juice that does so, I'm guessing it's because that's what I started vaping Pluid on and my tastebuds remember "liking" that taste.

Edit: It did take a day or two to lose that slightly bitter bite that I associate with new tanks, wicks and coils. maybe that's where the black licorice taste is coming from.

6. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    Oddly, I don't like Pluid at all. That makes watching people trade more expensive things for it strangely fascinating.

I have used a ZAP and an AGA-S (more to test the coil but take a few vapes) on my Provari. I am going to put the Cobra I picked up on it too, I just need to replace the O-rings, previous owner's fruity juice smell made me have to toss the old ones.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Lol! :D
    I like Pluid, and I find it remarkable to watch perfectly normal people revert to "Pluidheads" when their supply runs low. Mad Murdock might have to set up a rehab center someday. ;)

Edit: I love it, but it's not my single, only, all day vape. I don't understand how people can vape one thing all day and nothing else.

8. Fury83

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    Some people go nuts for things they can't get all the time. Limited release is brilliant marketing, look at the Wii.

9. blondie1964

blondie1964 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Pittsburgh
  10. RedhatPat

RedhatPat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    May I add to the OP's original question and ask people to show pics or tell us what sits on top of your provari when you're MOBILE? Like hopping in the car for a trip to the mall or running errands...

I'm afraid to take the ZAP out and my novas leak.

11. Fury83

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    My novas don't leak, so them. Or a T2.

12. MikeJA

MikeJA Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    California
    ZAP now. And a penelope before it.

13. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    i dont think its odd that you dont like Pluid. I think its perfectly normal not to like the flavor of anise. the only anise flavored thing i can remotely stomach is Sambuca, oddly enough.

as for RBAs on ProVari's go, ive got my Octopus RDA (Smok ERA clone $8) as the newest edition to the family. i still like the look of the CHobra from DV the best so far though.

OctoRBA.jpg

CHobra.jpg

14. Fury83

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    I guess it's only odd in the context of everyone else's extreme affinity for it. I am ok with not caring about it, one less thing to try to hunt down.

15. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    I keep my AGA-Ts on there. Had one set on its side for 24+ hours and maybe 3 drops had made their way from tank to the upper plate. Things are solid even with boro glass tanks.

16. TH'er

TH'er Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    In the Ocean
    Twisted Sisters

I'm waiting on my Bobas Bounty to arrive tomorrow, this way I can setup the other Provari

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. kbobiles

kbobiles Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Carson
    Provari_IGOL.jpg
    Provari with the IGO-L

18. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*