Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Okay, I'm about to make my first fat wick - well, first wick ever for the pchela. Can anybody point me towards a tutorial? I mean, I've found a ton of tutorials but they're all different and I'd like to know what method most of you prefer.

Peach Andy showed me a trick at Vapebash using two wicks that came with our Zens. Unroll one and place the second inside, roll them together in your hands and you have a fat wick. Do you have one of the carto inside tubes to use as an insulator?

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Hiya Peach. Check out Junky Rocks vid as he will also instruct the oxi process. There are so many vids out but, he is such a chill guy to watch.

I start with 500x500 approx 2x3 1/4 and am a minimilist (if at all lately)when it comes to the oxi process but think he does a good job oxidizing if one wishes.

Oh..I would advise against the straw wick he uses depending on juice PG/VG.

Last edited:

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
No need for the insulator since its all powder coated.
(I'm assuming that inside the wick hole is powder coated as well, just like the Cobalts and BAM's are anodized....?)

Peach Andy showed me a trick at Vapebash using two wicks that came with our Zens. Unroll one and place the second inside, roll them together in your hands and you have a fat wick. Do you have one of the carto inside tubes to use as an insulator?

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
I just cut a bigger piece of mesh to start with. Roll it exactly the same otherwise. I don't get fancy and measure or anything crazy like that...

Roll, test fit, roll a little more, repeat until the wick fits in the hole. (muahahahaha)

I like a channel in mine, so sometimes roll around a small paperclip. If it won't roll tight enough to fit, just trim some mesh.

Okay, I'm about to make my first fat wick - well, first wick ever for the pchela. Can anybody point me towards a tutorial? I mean, I've found a ton of tutorials but they're all different and I'd like to know what method most of you prefer.

pchela

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2010
The only blue county in Texas!
Hahaha - I'd do it the same only bigger but I've never even rolled a regular wick. This will be my first time ever!

I just cut a bigger piece of mesh to start with. Roll it exactly the same otherwise. I don't get fancy and measure or anything crazy like that...

Roll, test fit, roll a little more, repeat until the wick fits in the hole. (muahahahaha)

I like a channel in mine, so sometimes roll around a small paperclip. If it won't roll tight enough to fit, just trim some mesh.

Cheddar_Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
NW Georgia
That was my next question - does the pchela need an insulator? If it does, I do have some boge's somewhere though I'll have to figure out which insides you're referring to.

When you get in there you will see it. The little sleeve around the wire is what they are referring to.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I didn't take a close look at the inner wick hole. However, powdercoat doesn't bond to every surface the same way that anodizing does. The inside of the pchela tube had a raw metal finish to it. Plus, the pchelas were loaded up with ceramic wicks. I would go with the carto coil insulator on a fat wick for good measure.

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
All refunds have been issued

If you have ever dealt with a refund from PayPal, then you know it takes 2-3 days to process

I am truly sorry for the delay in issuing the refunds, but I was waiting on the refund from the SW to process

If anyone would like to see the details from PayPal concerning the refund from my end just PM me and I can send you a screenshot fo the transaction.

Once again a big thank you goes out to all of you that opened your hearts and wallets to this cause, I'm sorry that it went the way it did.

-Hue-​

Love ya Hue. You're a good man with a very large heart :)

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked

Not sure why you would consider it fancy or crazy. It is actually a time saver and takes seconds to put dots on a sheet of mesh for a template for your future wicks and most would find it less time consuming than your "Roll, test fit, roll a little more, repeat until the wick fits in the hole." method. there is no skill in guessing.
I find it also prevents a bit of waste.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Sorry if I implied there's anything wrong with it, there's certainly not and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I actually even gave a base measurement in the Wiki page. These days I generally just eyeball and it works pretty much every time.

There was some tightening / trimming the first few times, but that would have happened to get the measurements I wanted anyway.

Dotting the mesh is a good idea if you're a measurer (new word?) for sure. Just wouldn't work for me as I'm not always rolling for the same Atty.

I still have more than 1/2 of the same sheet of mesh left that I bought when I got my Line (prob last Feb?). I don't really worry about waste, it goes a LONG way as wicks seem to last months and months. Funny enough, the DID I mentioned I just put on my SW, i'm 97% sure its still on its first wick.

99% of the time if I'm rolling a wick, its because I got a new device, lol.

I don't find that giving someone mesh measurements for wick is really useful as everyone likes things a little different. Personally, I think if you're going to measure, you still need to go through the process once yourself, see what you like, then measure that for future reference. Of course if it were me, I'd lose the measurements by then. Other option is always to unroll a wick you liked and use it as a template.

</Miscellaneous rambling>

Not sure why you would consider it fancy or crazy. It is actually a time saver and takes seconds to put dots on a sheet of mesh for a template for your future wicks and most would find it less time consuming than your "Roll, test fit, roll a little more, repeat until the wick fits in the hole." method. there is no skill in guessing.
I find it also prevents a bit of waste.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Oh, and I always keep a little pre-oxidized mesh loosely wrapped up in case of emergency.
Like when a new device just shows up unexpectedly (its been known to happen). Cut a bit off, roll it up, and ready to go. Crisis averted!

dp2GJUJ.jpg

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
i never measure my mesh, just roll it up and if its too thick cut some off, too many different attys to remember measurements, but the batteries i test every now and then for safety;s sake when they come off/go on the charger

What the haps Jon~? You, my friend as you know I refer to as have reached "Atty Baller Status".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread