Status
Not open for further replies.

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
Well that was a much simpler explanation than I was expecting. Thanks! Now I need to learn to roll a wick.

Roll it on a paperclip. I use the Jack Frost wick. Cut my mesh, fire both sides of the mesh with my torch until nicely oxidized, roll on the paperclip and insert wick AND paperclip into the wick hole. If it's too big, just keep rolling between your fingers until it fits. Leave the paperclip in the wick and hole while you wrap your coil. The paperclip gives you resistance so you don't squish/bend the wick. :)

Chief Thunder

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Maryland
www.g2vapor.com
Well that was a much simpler explanation than I was expecting. Thanks! Now I need to learn to roll a wick.

A "fatty" wick is gonna be about 3x-4x bigger than a premade zen wick if you unroll it and measure. I'm with vapor, I never actually have measured one.

vicsan

Sparky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
IL
So whats the fix for misfiring on the ASH, having a bit of an issue at the moment.

Have you tried cleaning the switch? Take the switch off, remove the screw and wipe all the parts down with No-Ox-Id or alcohol, put it back together and it should be better. Make sure your positive and negative screws are still tight on the leads? How's the battery?

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
Roll it on a paperclip. I use the Jack Frost wick. Cut my mesh, fire both sides of the mesh with my torch until nicely oxidized, roll on the paperclip and insert wick AND paperclip into the wick hole. If it's too big, just keep rolling between your fingers until it fits. Leave the paperclip in the wick and hole while you wrap your coil. The paperclip gives you resistance so you don't squish/bend the wick. :)

ahhhh ....
my "line the wick and wrap it" sister......

Last edited:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Yep, Now I just need to wait a few days for them all to show up in the classifieds... lol
You won't see mine in there! :wub:

BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM.

View attachment 156738

It's here, and it's baaaaad--in a good way.

Uhmm, did these all come with white O rings? I ordered white O rings from Mike a while back and told him that's what I was going with from now on given my handle, so I'm not sure if that is coincidence or not. Either way, I'm digging it. It's got a formal wear vibe.
Mine arrived today too!! :banana: And you're right, it does look very formal with its little tuxedo vibe happening! :laugh:

I haven't filled it yet, just keep looking at it and picking it up and smiling! :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread