Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Have you ever known that no matter what you type it is going to come off as cranky sarcastic or just downright ....**y. I am having one of those moments the only shocker is that i stopped to think about it and I am going to not type it .......... Lets just say it was a bad day. (not only did i NOT type it here but I am ever so proud that I did not let some angry sarcastic comment be my first ever FB status update.)

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
OK to get my mind off of the other thing...... It is time for Lily's dumb question of the day!:
(I know you all missed these)
So I made myself a MUCH fatter wick (paperclip method blah blah not important but its fat) and I ended up having to take a wrap off to get to the same sorta place i was with the skinny wick vape wise, is that normal? Now I am running a 3 wrap not a 4 but thats ok right? (I do not wanna stress the batt or anything since it is an 18350 not an 18650 like i run the ZAP on).

NayrTrawe

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
Was the solution to the metallic taste in the SW ever found? I'm curious about the fix..........

I scrubbed the stainless steel tank and the atomizer with alcohol and gave it a good rinse with hot water. That got 99% of the taste out and a few tanks later it is gone. I think there must have been some residual machine oil inside the tank because my other one didn't have this issue.

Jacoji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Portland, OR
OK to get my mind off of the other thing...... It is time for Lily's dumb question of the day!:
So I made myself a MUCH fatter wick (paperclip method blah blah not important but its fat) and I ended up having to take a wrap off to get to the same sorta place i was with the skinny wick vape wise, is that normal? Now I am running a 3 wrap not a 4 but thats ok right? (I do not wanna stress the batt or anything since it is an 18350 not an 18650 like i run the ZAP on).

Normal. It's about the length of the wire used to make the coils, not the number of coils. With a fatter wick the same length of wire can't make it around as many times.

Make sense?

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

That's fine and normal. Fatter wick means more wire needed to wrap 4 wraps around means higher resistance. It's probably about the same resistance as your 4 wrap was before. It's not the number of wraps, it's the length of the wire that's the critical factor

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Thanx I just did not want to be doing something i shouldnt. last thing i need to do today LOL
Normal. It's about the length of the wire used to make the coils, not the number of coils. With a fatter wick the same length of wire can't make it around as many times.

Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread