Status
Not open for further replies.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
burnt my tongue a little before getting the carto hybrid going well (i think) gotta give it a few hours before i start back up...

anyone know if the cargo provided is low res or standard res?

Also...got a Diver in the mail from a trade...might try that out in the cargo hybrid soon...i think it should work...same size as a normal one and this one doesnt have a flange at the bottom... nevertheless...i have a Killer too shoudl try that as well i guess

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Got my goodies from ENS!!! Love them!!! Got the DX-490, DX-350, the 18650 tube and the new Zatty!!! These are WAY cool!!! :) Getting everything set up now, will report back in a few when all is ready to go!!!

Did want to mention though, wasn't a problem for me because I already have lots of Zen stuff, but the Zatty didn't come with anything and that could be a problem for someone that doesn't have an allen wrench.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Got my goodies from ENS!!! Love them!!! Got the DX-490, DX-350, the 18650 tube and the new Zatty!!! These are WAY cool!!! :) Getting everything set up now, will report back in a few when all is ready to go!!!

Did want to mention though, wasn't a problem for me because I already have lots of Zen stuff, but the Zatty didn't come with anything and that could be a problem for someone that doesn't have an allen wrench.

Random question, but does the atty have an insulator included by chance?

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Well my local carry almost nothing hardware store had allen wrenches when I misplaced mine. I think the size needed was 50 cents or something like that.

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Well my local carry almost nothing hardware store had allen wrenches when I misplaced mine. I think the size needed was 50 cents or something like that.

Yeah, they're pretty cheap. Just wanted to give a heads up and keep an eye out for those who have questions or concerns. I gotta admit, I did get pretty spoiled by Mike! Loved getting the Zenesis all set up and ready to go, after all, there is NO ONE that can wrap a coil like that man! LOL

Random question, but does the atty have an insulator included by chance?

Yes, there is an insulator installed in the Z2 atty.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
Just got my 350c Carto Hybrid from ENS...neat little device but the switch throw is pretty significant.

Also the battery doesn't make contact unless I unscrew the phillips screw on the switch. (I guess normally you'd put spacers there, but ENS didn't send any additional spacers with my package)

Any advice?

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Just got my 350c Carto Hybrid from ENS...neat little device but the switch throw is pretty significant.

Also the battery doesn't make contact unless I unscrew the phillips screw on the switch. (I guess normally you'd put spacers there, but ENS didn't send any additional spacers with my package)

Any advice?

Lowe's sells spacers. Not the same exact size, but very close. :)
I could send you a couple if you wanted.

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Can't do pictures yet, but soon as I can, I'll get some up. First thoughts on this, I am thrilled that I decided to get the Z2 atty and the DX's. The Zatty threads right onto the DX tubes, no need for the top cap for this set up. This will be great for using on the go. I can use the 18650 tube for long battery life (like driving down the road) and pop the Zatty on the 18350 tube when I want smaller, stealthy.

Right now, I have it on the 18490 tube and I'm really liking this size!! Didn't get an Andyman TI so to me, this is the next best thing!! Did I say I'm thrilled?!?!?! :)

The top cap was a bugger to get off! To those that have/had worries with the top cap popping off, this is your dream apv!!! I personally have never had an issue with that, I'm a girl and we tend to be more tender with our things. LOL This cap has no recessed groove inside. (Place that rests on the top o-ring.) I had to use both hands and feet to get it off to set it up. Okay, I am exaggerating just a bit, didn't have to use my feet but did have to put it on the DX and use a jar opener grippy thingy and apply all the brute force I could muster up. Had to grease the oring and inside of cap with eliquid to get it back on and that took a little force too.

I was too anxious to get this up and running, so I went for a premade wick that I had on hand instead of using the Nextel. The nextel takes me a bit more time, again, I am a girl and we tend to fuss over stuff too. :) The DX-490 with the new Z2 atty is awesome! It's hitting great and I love the engraved grooves on the tube. They seem to add resistance in your hand when you hold the APV and press the switch, another plus! You don't have to hold the APV as tight when you press the switch, making both holding and pressing easier. IMHO.

Will report more in a bit, but did I mention that I am thrilled with my new Zenesis goodies!! :)

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
null_zps38868e3f.jpg

Just got my Z2 18650 carto tank hybrid :D

Setup less then 1 minute [while waiting for Postman, I filled a carto]

I don't know how Zen did it, but it's the best this juice ever tasted! (So far, only 10 puffs in)

Note: I wish the cap had the Zen logo

Last edited:

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i dont know what i am doing wrong with the carto hybrid...i dont see how i could be messing it up...i tried filling the carto more...no help...burnt taste bordering on painfully hot....tried different carto...same problem... i am no newbie but this thing is making me feel like a day old vaper

a step by step guide from the big cheese might be helpful...or at least from one of the people who are getting it to work flawlessly

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
i dont know what i am doing wrong with the carto hybrid...i dont see how i could be messing it up...i tried filling the carto more...no help...burnt taste bordering on painfully hot....tried different carto...same problem... i am no newbie but this thing is making me feel like a day old vaper

a step by step guide from the big cheese might be helpful...or at least from one of the people who are getting it to work flawlessly

If you burned a carto without liquid on the coil (sounds like you did), it's ruined and will always taste burnt. If you switched to a new carto and made sure it had plenty of liquid in it first (including giving it time to sit and soak all the way through) and it's still tasting burnt, it's possible you got a bad carto.

But I'm still betting you didn't get enough liquid to the coil. Keep in mind, an XL carto will hold over a ml of juice. If it does not have that in it before you fire it up, it's gonna burn.

edited to add: Since you are using a punched carto, look at the hole on the side. See the filler material in the hole? That should look wet before you fill your tank. If it isn't, you can still fill your tank, but give the carto plenty of time to soak up juice. Time varies, but I give 50/50 a good 30 minutes if the carto isn't fully primed before I fill. If you go that route, you should see the level of juice in the tank go down noticeably. Cartos are garbage if they aren't wet, wet, wet.

Last edited:

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan

If you're getting a burnt taste that's hot, then you're probably vaping filler material..
Once a carto has been fired, if it doesn't have enough liquid, then you can actually burn the filler material and the carto is, essentially ruined. It will taste bad from there on out.. Not sure if that's the case with the Z2 CT or not though (I have no reason to think it's any different).

XL cartos hold massive amounts of liquid and can take awhile to properly fill. I would suggest using a syringe.

What you're describing is sounding like your carto is dry..

When you first fill up the carto (making sure the carto is plenty saturated) are your hits normally dry? If not, when does it start getting dry/hot?

Try taking a couple of slow, long drags on the carto without firing the Z2 itself.. Do you see any bubbles emerging from the carto holes?

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com

What I did:
Filled up carto (using condom method) with about 1ml of eliquid
Let soak at least 5-10 minutes, or until no leaking
Punch carto with 2 holes
Screw into z2 carto tank
Put glass on carto tank
Filled z2 carto tank 2/3 of the way
Put top cap of z2 carto tank on till o-rings are just barely holding glass
Flip whole thing upside down
Pushed z2 carto tank top cap till fully sealed

VAPED....

Ahhhh, wonderful

(remember once you burn a carto, there is no bringing it back)

Last edited:

Wingnut73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Louisville

Jager, did you drop juice in from the bottom of carto to prime, or just from the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread