Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I bought Mrs. States an innokin eq since the store was out of rainbow Zeros. (A backup to her current rainbow Zero.)
They are flying out the door like free beer at a biker rally.

The EQ on high (15.5) is a cloud machine (pod style). On low (13.5) it's pretty similar to a Zero. I liked low a lot better. So did Mrs. States.

I wanted an EQ but ended up with a Zero. No regrets. But if I had tried the EQ first would probably been ok with that too.

We put same sauce in the EQ and Zero and let both set for a hour. EQ on low and Zero on high were hardly different at all. Zero on medium is way smoother than the EQ on low. We used a sweet mint chewing gum flavor juice in both.

The EQ is similar to a Zenith in production and flavor with its 0.5 ohm plexus coil. It's like a full sized device with a duck bill tip vape-wise.

I find I prefer the Zero for several reasons. Size, tip, no fire button, smoothness, charge time, interface and weighty feel.

I like the better grip of the EQ and that it can tail stand easy. The easy to remove dust cover is good too. Yet I felt like the EQ would not have caused my big devices to become dust collectors like the Zero did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
^^ Ugh!!
Female AOL voice says "You've got mail".

I bought a silver Zero. The brushed stainless style finish looks classy. And absolutely no blemishes in the milling. Real nice.
A smidge less grippy with gloves on. But a pair of tank bands solved the issue for me.

Being mildly obsessed with having the light on top I taped a small folded piece of paper on the bottom to "feel" it. I use it on medium too. But I just have this OCD thing about knowing when the light turns blue indicating battery is below 70%.

I like the stealth bomber matte finish of the black one no doubt. Yet the stainless will evoke a sense of style at certain times.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I bought Mrs. States an Innokin EQ since the store was out of rainbow Zeros. (A backup to her current rainbow Zero.)
They are flying out the door like free beer at a biker rally.

The EQ on high (15.5) is a cloud machine (pod style). On low (13.5) it's pretty similar to a Zero. I liked low a lot better. So did Mrs. States.

I wanted an EQ but ended up with a Zero. No regrets. But if I had tried the EQ first would probably been ok with that too.

We put same sauce in the EQ and Zero and let both set for a hour. EQ on low and Zero on high were hardly different at all. Zero on medium is way smoother than the EQ on low. We used a sweet mint chewing gum flavor juice in both.

The EQ is similar to a Zenith in production and flavor with its 0.5 ohm plexus coil. It's like a full sized device with a duck bill tip vape-wise.

I find I prefer the Zero for several reasons. Size, tip, no fire button, smoothness, charge time, interface and weighty feel.

I like the better grip of the EQ and that it can tail stand easy. The easy to remove dust cover is good too. Yet I felt like the EQ would not have caused my big devices to become dust collectors like the Zero did.
I may have to try the EQ. I just have a feeling I'd really like this Zero, if only it had a fire button to give me more control.

One other negative - I want to add more high nic juice, but can't find a way to dump what I have. Inverted, pushed in the valve with a tool, and blew on it. Couldn't get more than half a drop out of it.

Frustrating, because I'm still trying it, and every now and then I get the draw pace just right, and get a decent hit.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Day something or other (week 3). The first few days I swapped pods around for various flavors. The last 2 weeks it's been the same pod in my black one. A 80/20 (vg/pg) at 6ml of a sweet blueberry/ appricot.

Still going.

My brother and my wife are doing side by sides on high with an EQ on low. Zero is their pick. Both are DtL vapers. My brothers typically vapes by the gallon with his big device.

My wife likes the Zero early and late in the day with the EQ during the middle. My brother says he may end up an MTL'r again thanks to the Zero.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Still going on my 1st pod. 18 days. About day 12 I thought the pod was going bad. But I like bad. It definitely has changed... For the better. Still running the same juice but it seems to have more 'bite' to it now?

I was mixing 50/50 36mg FB juice for my pen style rigs and loved it. For this I mixed Lemon Tea 60V/40P 24mg FB since it was a lower ohm coil. So....
. "IF" this is what a worn out coil/pod vapes like, I may never need a new one? :rolleyes:o_O

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Ran the battery down to flashing red for the first time. 31 minutes to recharge.
Also Vaped the pod dry so I could change flavors from lemon tea to Good and Plenty candy. Only took about 6 puffs to get the new flavor to fully come thru.
So when you vaped it dry, did the TC protect the coil/wick? Or did you just get it near empty?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So when you vaped it dry, did the TC protect the coil/wick? Or did you just get it near empty?
I knew I was close to empty but didn't pay close enuf attention. So I finally tilted it to see what was left. Absolutely no juice came to the top of the pod. But I did just get a good hit off it. So I must've looked just in time. May have been still another puff or 2 soaked into the coil.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Ran the battery down to flashing red for the first time. 31 minutes to recharge.
Also Vaped the pod dry so I could change flavors from lemon tea to Good and Plenty candy. Only took about 6 puffs to get the new flavor to fully come thru.

Impressive.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
OK. You're both really talking this one up. What's the draw like - how tight is it? Is it loose MTL / restricted DL?
I would say it is exactly that loose MTL/restricted DL. The draw was way too loose for me at the start. Almost trashed it until I found a way to tighten up the draw.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
After a few days my first pod began to 'tighten up' in regards to drag. I kinda considered it clogging from vaping sweet, amber juice. I did the Foggy Road paper towel drill bit in the chimney then a toothpick on the bottom part and it opened back up.

Last night it had gotten so 'tight' I kept coughing from the vape I was getting, I suppose that was very concentrated. The same pod is in its 3rd week using amber colored 80v/20p sweet juice. I did the previous trick and it didn't open like new but much better.

Flavor is still right on par and the drag being a bit tighter is akin to going from an airy ultralight cigarette to a mid-strength type.

This weekend I'll try some stuff to go with Mrs. States' coffee. Breakfast tastes like blueberry pancakes.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Rough evening here. Parked the truck for the night took a couple hours on the Zero and it crapped out with the Blinky Blinky red light. Stuck it on charger. Grabbed my trusty Innokin VV3/GS Air and too a few puffs.... Blinky Blinky red light... ARRRRR! Grabbed the next nearest thing.. standard Evod batt and stuck the GS on it. Staring at the Zero waiting for it to turn green. :unsure:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
One is none and all that....

My silver Zero gave me a wee bit of grief last evening. Must be solar flares foggyroad.

It did a green flash while taking a normal drag. Hit it hard enough and it stopped. Turned it up to high and it returned to normal.

This morning it started doing it again...on high this time. Turns out some juice had leaked. I have trouble with flooding air chambers on by full size gear so I'm supposing that my inhale style is also causing same issue in the Zero.

Cleaned the contacts, blew outwards from the top to ensure the air flow is clear and all is right with the world again.

I inhale a whisp amount on all of my vape gear and that seems to leave unspent juice in the chimey(s) of them.

Dratz! Now the Zero too.

Now with my full sized gear it involves removing the tank, cleaning the 510 point with a paper towel, disassembling the bottom, cleaning that, blowing out the air chamber, sucking in the air chamber, repeat a couple of times, reassemble and 8 minutes later taking a tastey drag after cleaning up the mess. Sometimes a few times a day.
With the Zero it's wipe the contacts, blow out the air chamber, reassemble and puff away in 22 seconds about once a week.
I can live with that.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
One is none and all that....

My silver Zero gave me a wee bit of grief last evening. Must be solar flares foggyroad.

It did a green flash while taking a normal drag. Hit it hard enough and it stopped. Turned it up to high and it returned to normal.

This morning it started doing it again...on high this time. Turns out some juice had leaked. I have trouble with flooding air chambers on by full size gear so I'm supposing that my inhale style is also causing same issue in the Zero.

Cleaned the contacts, blew outwards from the top to ensure the air flow is clear and all is right with the world again.

I inhale a whisp amount on all of my vape gear and that seems to leave unspent juice in the chimey(s) of them.

Dratz! Now the Zero too.

Now with my full sized gear it involves removing the tank, cleaning the 510 point with a paper towel, disassembling the bottom, cleaning that, blowing out the air chamber, sucking in the air chamber, repeat a couple of times, reassemble and 8 minutes later taking a tastey drag after cleaning up the mess. Sometimes a few times a day.
With the Zero it's wipe the contacts, blow out the air chamber, reassemble and puff away in 22 seconds about once a week.
I can live with that.

Wow! What a pita your old tanks must be. My face DL tanks were the ego one Mega V1. I would blow out any seepage in the AFC base at every refill, but that was enuf to keep from having any leaks with them.
I've only had 1 time that I found a drop or 2 of juice inside the zero. That made me get OCD about cleaning the fill Port after every refill. Zero has been bone dry ever since.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Week ?
Started out on October 30th after buying one on the evening of 10/29. Same pod from the 31st. I tried something I didn't like on full day 1 and put in a new pod with a sauce I still use in it. Still has plenty of blueberry/appricot yumminess.

I tried to see how long it takes me to run the battery to red with my particular style on medium.

Charged it Thu night. It was mid-day Saturday before it showed blue. I vaped until sundown and charged it. It was still showing blue. I refill about 3 times a week with about 25-30% left in the tank.

I bought an Innokin IQ yesterday and vaped my 2 favorites juices for a while. Mrs. States will probably end up with it as she prefers the warmer vape from it.

Full sized gear was dusted off briefly over the weekend. It looks real cool sitting idle on my coffee table. A couple were placed on display in my flashlight museum. The others still sit idle on my coffee table. :D

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Another week and the original pod is still going.

Only issue I've found is at filling time. The small fill port using a thick sauce can develop a bubble that refuses to allow juice to go in. That's an 80/20 liquid. 70/30 and thinner have not done that.

Edit:
The irony was thicker than the sauce. I hit reply, took a puff....another puff...another... Whut-thuh?? No vape. Pod quit on me. It felt warm and put out a tiny, tiny bit of steam. Tried a new one and things went back to normal. A month of daily use, with an amber, sweet 80/20 so not bad.

Oh, and to fill my new pod I used the supplied bottle. No bubble issue at all.
End edit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread