Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I began vaping as a smoking reduction tool. It helped a lot. First couple of weeks were great, but then little by little the cigarettes crept back in. I spent all kinds of time in shops looking for that perfect flavor and all kinds of money for that perfect device.

I was just going through the motions. Each new purchase seemed to get me closer, but not there. I'd found the right battery box, the right tank...the right tip but... Still not there.

One day I went looking for a cig-a-like. An e-cig had worked ten years ago, yet todays are still junk. Junk that costs more than cigarettes. A lad at a vape shop introduced me to a Zero. I tried it out and noticed my larger stuff was just kinda sitting around after a day or two. Then one morning there were puddles around my larger gear (again). "THATZ IT!!!"

Basically for the last three weeks or so my large gear is put away. No more leaks, no more flooded air flow system, no more slurpees. The Zero has been the only vape device I use now.

While watching tv or just sitting idle it has replaced cigarettes in my pocket. I still smoke some. But I pick and choose to enjoy a cigarette from time to time and use the Zero the rest of those times. Little by little the Zero has become my cigarette. 40 years of smoking later I knew to just 'switch' or stop cold turkey was not likely to happen. So like swapping from regular to decaf coffee, from after dinner sweets to peanuts the change is gradual yet steady. The coffee thing and dessert thing took place at the same time I started vaping. They are a sucessful but the smoking thing is still in motion. Little by little the habit is changing.

I found a couple of flavors and keep a pair of Zeros with me. Each has a different taste. Each has a different drag due to one sauce being a slightly sweet 70vg and the other being a wick clogging sweet amber 80vg. That mimics the two brands of cigarettes I use. One is a light, airy ultralight and the other a stronger one requiring a stronger drag style.

I had set an arbitrary quit date of Christmas and tried on Thanksgiving without success. Since Thanksgiving though the smell of a cigarette is now something I no longer enjoy. To me that was a milestone. I certainly hope the aroma of a cigarette won't become repugnant to me as Mrs. Fixer and others in my family still smoke. I do not want to become one of 'those' people who get all bitter beer faced around them. I am glad I no longer have the urge to light up at the smell of one. Instead it now evokes an urge to vape my blueberry tasting Zero. A fork in the road has been reached. And thanks to the Vapresso Zero I see a smoke free path I never imagined with those full sized devices.
I'm in the same dual user boat. I quit back in 2015 about 2 weeks after starting vaping. Lasted 3 months. I quit again 9/2017 for 2 months. I go days without smoking then I might roll one or two in a day. Or buy a 2pk of Swisher Sweet Cigarillos. I WON'T by packs of cigs tho. The convenience makes it too easy too grab one and fire it up. I find that with an "earthy" flavor in the pod (coffee, tobacco, black licorice) I'm much more likely to desire the Zero over the bother of twisting up a non-filter analog.
Anywho I do understand what you're saying about the Zero finally may be "the one" to do the trick for you. Whatever the reason, I kinda feel the same way. Convenience? Ease of use? Hassle (leak) free?
Wish ya luck going forward, Mr. US!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicman

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Licorice? Please elaborate. I can see vaping licorice in a Zero with coffee. Avoiding that first one of the day is the issue and coffee is the trigger. Tobacco flavor did not work.

I considered the roll your own and still may try that. But my favorite brand is made by a small company in my state who use pure tobacco without the additives. No secret ingredients.

They distribute in a 50 mile radius of their factory and source tobacco from nearby farms. Mainly from the next state over.

If they sold loose tobacco I'd use that. Before I begin the diy cigs I want to ensure the tobacco is of a local origin. The owner of my favorite tobacco store retired and closed the business and thusfar I haven't sought out another.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Well said foggyroad. You covered most of my thoughts regarding uses. But I'll add a few.

I bought mine Monday afternoon of this week. It's Saturday morning now. I was not up at 4 am. lol. I had slept in a hotel all week so my own bed was comfy enough to pull the covers up a bit more snuggly at 4:30 am and snooze another 2 hours.

After a few days using the zero my other devices are idle. Like you foggy, I find the push to fill feature something I would not miss. I wonder if after a few refills if my sweet sauce won't tend to collect around the top area of the fill port and allow a wee bit of seepage to occur. But in theory it seems like a great idea. Perhaps we'll see more of this type of thing. Especially in a top fill application where seep wouldn't potentially cause a contact issue or even a short circuit.

I find the first drag of the day to be awesome. The next several as well. Now maybe it's my taste buds get blunted, but it seems like without allowing the pod to rest a time the flavor gets a bit lacking. The way I got around that was to swap pods with another flavor at intervals of the day.

I tried blocking the larger of the two holes and found I had to 'suck' a lot harder to get a good drag. I also found that a tart juice tends to remain flavorful longer than a sweet juice. I prefer sweet juices. But swapping pods at intervals give my taste buds a new experience so the tart is a treat too.

No burnt taste at all. The tc works great. For my uses the pod lasts longer than a charge. A tank load in a 2ml TPD compliant Zenith lasts me a week. So I get through a day with the zero easily both liquid and charge. My wife will probably be closer to your results foggy.

Now as a quit smoking device I'll say this:
As a dual user if cigarettes are nearby I will smoke. I'm not ready to toss the coffin nails just yet. But when I'm not near the cigarettes I don't miss them at all while using the zero. The one thing I'm still getting used to is just how smooth it is. I'm a wattage person and the Zenith at 13.5 watts puts out more vapor per MTL drag than I inhale. The zero is more like a cigarette. Way more. So after using Zeniths a few months the zero still takes my brain a few drags to adapt to each day. I'm sure others results will vary.

On day two my wife still prefers her sub ohm device. But after using her zero a time each direct lung draw on her favorite big device causes her to cough like crazy. So she ends up going back to her zero.

Now for the time being I have devised a shirt pocket kit by using an empty cigarette pack.
IMG-20181103-103020.jpg

I'll come up with something better.
But for now what is already familiar in my shirt pocket now contains a flash drive sized device and two spare pods instead of coffin nails and a lighter.

Maybe somebody at some point will devise something with a flip top closure to reveal their pod for easy access while having spare pods available. Afterall one is none and two is one, right?

The magnets hold the pod firm with a wee bit of play, yet that allows the pod to be easily removed versus an ultra tight fit. The filling system, although not absolutely, positively leak proof is definitely better at keeping juice inside the tank during drastic temperature changes like inside to outside where many full sized devices tend to seep some into the air chamber. I am very often plagued with unspent juice in the air chamber by my full sized devices. That is narry an issue with my zero thusfar. Nor is seeping when I leave it on the dash board of my pickup in sunlight.

I think of the zero at this point like a near perfect weather day where instead of 72° outside with a 4mph breeze, 73° with a 6mph breeze would be better. So any qualms I may have with the zero would be nit-picky in nature. It does not take much water to float my boat as it were, so I'll just say this little dude gets it done for me.

Oh, and I tend to have issues with rhythm or speed with 5 click devices. What ever time between clicks the zero is set for allows even me to get it on or off first try, everytime. Same with adjusting the output 3 click feature.

I also wanted to note that even my 3ml 70/30 juice provides a satisfying experience. Now how a 70 percent vg will affect lifespan of the cooker will be revealed over time.
Thanks so much for your support and love. We will come out a pouch for the Zero kit soon. Hope you can like that then!

• Love

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Mine seem to be acting like the battery lasts longer after a few charges. I'd heard from flashlight folks that some will hold a better charge after initial break in.

Anyway, where I used to get a day to day and a half from them before the light turned blue, last week I forgot to charge it Thursday evening and it was Sunday before it turned blue. It's Wednesday night and it's still green. I use it on medium btw.

I said before I'm a light puffer so I do not want others to think I'm saying these things will go day after day with heavy use. But it seems to last longer than a 650 mAh battery would last.

Looking forward to a pouch. Yesssssss!!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Now that I've got 2 I use them both. Where I was getting a full day from one I know charge and fill both everyday. I don't see red anymore. Usually charge 1 at bedtime and 1 in the morning. Then also fill both in the morning unless I'm wanting to vape one empty to change flavors.

Reactions: United States

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
90ml?! Good grief!!
Amazing.

The people at work think I'm puffing on an electric pipe and often compliment the aroma of the blueberry appricot exhale from my black Zero.

It's an Avail brew called Siren that they are clearing out since the freshness date ends in February. It's a max VG amber color'd juice that vapes just fine in the pod.

All the folks who vape on the construction site look like someone just doused a fire with each drag. So they're not used to seeing someone 'smoking' from a flash drive sized device.

The silver one holds a 70vg sauce by Charlies Chalk Dust that's a fuji apple, strawberry, nectorine I use in my truck during idle times and after lunch.

Last edited:

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Mine seem to be acting like the battery lasts longer after a few charges. I'd heard from flashlight folks that some will hold a better charge after initial break in.

Anyway, where I used to get a day to day and a half from them before the light turned blue, last week I forgot to charge it Thursday evening and it was Sunday before it turned blue. It's Wednesday night and it's still green. I use it on medium btw.

I said before I'm a light puffer so I do not want others to think I'm saying these things will go day after day with heavy use. But it seems to last longer than a 650 mAh battery would last.

Looking forward to a pouch. Yesssssss!!
The pouch will be available soon!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I almost pulled the trigger on a green Zero today. Would be my third. Found 2 sources that had them for $15ish. But both used shipping methods that require signature on delivery.
I live mostly on the road and the wife is out of the house everyday. Top that with the fact that postal Carriers never even attempt to get a signature anyway, just stuff a notice in the mailbox, and it's just a bigger PITA than it's worth.:sneaky:

Lowjumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
Union Mills NC
I almost pulled the trigger on a green Zero today. Would be my third. Found 2 sources that had them for $15ish. But both used shipping methods that require signature on delivery.
I live mostly on the road and the wife is out of the house everyday. Top that with the fact that postal Carriers never even attempt to get a signature anyway, just stuff a notice in the mailbox, and it's just a bigger PITA than it's worth.:sneaky:

Efun top has them (US warehouse) for cheep, don't know shipping cost but no signing for!
[US Warehouse] Vaporesso Renova Zero Ultra-Portable System Kit - $15.19

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX

Lowjumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
Union Mills NC
That was the second place I tried. Product page said us warehouse but when I reached shipping page it says registered airmail from China. Registered= signature in my experience. Other place was Breazy. Com. $14.99 Ships US first class but says sig required.

Well it comes from China, slow, but it goes by special batt. shipping, just got a package with the aegis mini two days ago and no signature required.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Built in rechargeable battery means not air mail. Slow boat from China.
I ordered a flashlight with a built in battery and one without a battery at all to see which would arrive first. (DHL was shipper for both.)
The boat bound one arrived several days before the air mail'd one.

May stop by a shop today and scoop up a 3rd one myself. Thought I had lost my silver one yesterday. Turns out I had not searched enough pockets of the clothing I was wearing on a brisk December day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread