Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I'm a light puffer so I refill about every other day with about 50% left in the tank.

Looking at the 60ml bottle that's about 60% full... I'd say 20- 25. It's a craft beer dark 80vg sweet sauce. Perhaps the toughest test.
Mrs. States has gone through about 40 with a sweet, honey colored 70vg and her original pod is still going.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I just filled my first replacement pod this morning. It will be going in when the original is empty. After 4 weeks+1 day this original pod is so gunked up that I can barely draw enuf air thru for the draw activation to react properly. I'll keep drawing extra hard until the pod is empty then trash it.
First 2.5 weeks or so ran a light lemony slightly sweetish 60v/40p juice then switched to a darker sweeter 60v/40p juice. Good&Plenty candy (black licorice with candy shell)
I'm refilling/recharging every day. Maybe a couple drops short of 2ml each time. So pretty close to 55-60ml thru the pod for me. But I don't give up on a coil very easy!

Last edited:
Reactions: United States

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
That's impressive.
What's more impressive to me came shortly after making that last post.
I carry my Zero on a lanyard and usually tuck inside my shirt when I get out of the truck. Forgot this time. While I was free spinning the trailer legs all the way up after hooking to a trailer the crank handle smacked the zero right outta the o-Ring on the end of the lanyard and slammed it to the concrete at my feet! This little sucker is just as solid as it feels. Got some major gouges in it but besides that it wasn't phased a bit. The thing is dumb trucker proof!
The pod didn't even pop out. The worse gouges are right at the USB port so I put it on the charger to make sure that wasn't busted. Everything works fine.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
This morning I started vaping on that same old pod again, trying to empty it before swapping in a new one. Since I had refilled for the last time with my lemony juice it wasn't tasting all that bad. I started to debate whether it really needed to be changed or not.
Well, the pod made the decision for me. I got a couple gurgly hits off hit, pulled the pod and found some juice had dumped in the mod. Pod is history!
But now I'm left wondering.... Did the pod actually tell me.... OK, enuf is enuf, I quit! Or could the solid ceramic wick have been damaged by the solid thwack it took from that spinning crank handle yesterday?
When I found out I had won this device I thought if the pods last a week it could become my all day every day vape. I got a month with the first one. That puts replacement pod cost at less than $1 week shipped. I'm "all in" with the Zero for the foreseeable future. I'm just hoping the excessive heat from the dang fast charging doesn't rediculously limit the life of the mod.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Work issued me a new truck. One without all the nooks and crannies the previous one had. The previous one had 3 side by side cup holders. This one has two. So instead of the Zero being placed in the closest of the three since it was largely unused I kept it in my lap all week.

I'm in and out of the truck at unannounced times as an inspector who rides around like a mall cop looking for purse snatchers. I pull up, pop out and "splat!" Zero to the pavement (again).

It's a 4x4 so the fall is about 4 feet plus inertial forces sideways. The black one has notable dings on the coating but no metal showing yet. The silver one has nary a scratch. Like you said FoggyRoad the pod stays put. They seem to land tail down.

Perhaps my tank ring gripper trick helps. Either way I'm impressed. Last week I did not unpack my Jac Sandstorm or YiHi SL. The Kroma stays home now and the Rover X (with TPD Zenith) was used a little.

I tried to mimic the closed system of this pod system with my Zenith tanks but it just wasn't the same. By closing down the airflow it resulted in flooded air chamber in the Zeniths. Never mind that. Plus the larger stuff physically won't do the shirt pocket thing like the Zero does.

I really believe this Zero (or others like it) will become a very popular quit smoking system versus those carpenter pencil shaped thinga-ma-jigs. Then again, in about 1979 I really thought the Beta-Max was far superior to the VHS.

My local Avail vape shop keeps running out of the black and rainbow versions. Another in the town I work in sells boxes of 10 pod packs and go through about 5 each week.

Like you FR, I hope the turbo charge doesn't murder the battery, yet I've studied the overall design and it appears the system inserts into a casing so perhaps with a bit of tinkering the battery can be replaced if a replacement can be sourced.

It looks as if the outter casing begins as a rectangle'd block of metal that is CNC'd to the shape we see and a pre-assembled 'kit' is shoved inside the shell. The on/off button is the only thing that baffles me. But perhaps that is a snap in place, one time use thing? Other than that it does appear to be a tinkerer servicable device.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Why don,t you_all :p use a regular charger and save the battery. Get one for the truck, charges at 1 amp and costs a buck, at the dollar sore:rolleyes:!

Gooooolly, Goober, now why weren't I genius enuf ta think o dat? Oh dat's right, I done did!
Makes no difference. I'm using an old .5A Aspire ego battery charger wall wart. Still gets the Zero battery very warm.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I bought 2 zeros like 2 months ago. 1 stayed in the box for a month while I used the other. It’s become my daily vape, unless home as I sometimes use a subohm tank w/ 0-3mg.

Original pods have have gone forever, usually vaping 25mg salts, at 2-3ml a day in one and 3mg 70/30 in the other when I don’t want the nic..

I finally left my spare pod in my jeans “watch/change” pocket and it went through the wash, the water got to it I think. I haven’t tried vaping it yet, but I did try to take it apart. That was a fail! Man the pod is put together solid!

All in all, wish this zero was around 9 years ago when I switched, I wouldn’t own so much vape gear. Really like mine, and have a few spare pods I bought with it, but only used 1 of them due to the wash incident. I would like to rebuild one to give it a try, but it doesn’t seem like I can get it apart. I guess I’ll buy a few more pods, as I find it great MTL or DTL device.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I bought 2 zeros like 2 months ago. 1 stayed in the box for a month while I used the other. It’s become my daily vape, unless home as I sometimes use a subohm tank w/ 0-3mg.

Original pods have have gone forever, usually vaping 25mg salts, at 2-3ml a day in one and 3mg 70/30 in the other when I don’t want the mic..

I finally left my spare pod in my jeans “watch/change” pocket and it went through the wash, the water got to it I think. I haven’t tried vaping it yet, but I did try to take it apart. That was a fail! Man the pod is put together solid!

All in all, wish this zero was around 9 years ago when I switched, I wouldn’t own so much vape gear. Really like mine, and have a few spare pods I bought with it, but only used 1 of them due to the wash incident. I would like to rebuild one to give it a try, but it doesn’t seem like I can get it apart. I guess I’ll buy a few more pods, as I find it great MTL or DTL device.

Ya know, I've been rebuilding anything I could get my hands on since the start. Even those tiny iCare coils. The fun has worn off for me. With the longevity of these pods it looks like $1 a week for replacements. I'm not even interested in trying to rebuild.
I it's great to see another person in here who appreciates these little gems tho. Seems like no one else on the planet even knows they exist!

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Perhaps ECF members have not discovered the virtues of these little gems. But my local vape store keeps running out of black and rainbow colored ones. (They carry black, rainbow and silver.) The silver does not seem to sell as well. Anyway, it seems they sell about 20 of each every month.

I live near a military base and lots of young soldiers frequent the place. So I surmize it's those folks buying them as each time I shop there the place has several that come and go for the Bo and their store brand one time use pod systems.

Mods with bluetooth seems popular there as well.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Perhaps ECF members have not discovered the virtues of these little gems. But my local vape store keeps running out of black and rainbow colored ones. (They carry black, rainbow and silver.) The silver does not seem to sell as well. Anyway, it seems they sell about 20 of each every month.

I live near a military base and lots of young soldiers frequent the place. So I surmize it's those folks buying them as each time I shop there the place has several that come and go for the Bo and their store brand one time use pod systems.

Mods with bluetooth seems popular there as well.

Which vape shop are you using? I am just north of RVA and a friend owns Voltage Vaping (my son even worked there a couple years while going through school), and I know he carries these as it’s how I found out about the Zero.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Which vape shop are you using? I am just north of RVA and a friend owns Voltage Vaping (my son even worked there a couple years while going through school), and I know he carries these as it’s how I found out about the Zero.

IMG_20180908_081326.jpg

I'm very familiar with Voltage. Very good shop that teaches folks the basics all the way to building. They got a couple of my paychecks. Ironically they stopped selling the green Zero, which was pretty close to their logo in color.
I'm just south of RVA.

I mainly shop at Avail. But my favorite grape e-juice came from Voltage along with some of the full sized gear I own.

I was just about to reply to a thread asking for the quietest pod system. Was Gonna say the zero cause I never hear anything from it. Then remembered (duh) I'm almost deaf! So how about it... Anyone else hear any air sounds from this thing? I've never heard anything from it.

I still hear fairly well FR. It just makes a wee bit of a sucking sound but I've never experience a pop or sizzling sound. The thicker the juice the quieter it is in my experience. Pretty stealthy.

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
It seems I enjoy the Zero more now than when I purchased my first one. Been using it more and more and is the device I bring with me most of the time when driving. It's just so reliable. Plus, I just love the way this thing hits and the feels in the hand. I have two of these and take them both out with me. I fill the green Zero with a strong menthol flavor and the silver Zero with a tobacco flavor; today's was a maple pipe blend which I am really liking.

Another thing I really like is how little it seems I have to fill them. I watched a few of the championship games (college football) today and used these devices for the most part; filled them in the morning and they are still about half full at the end of the day. That was with some serious chain vaping going on as a few of the games were close. I DIY so not really worried about how much eliquid I use but it is good to know that I can trust them not to go empty when out and about.

By the way, these are very quiet with just a hint of air from the draw can be heard.

Reactions: United States

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I began vaping as a smoking reduction tool. It helped a lot. First couple of weeks were great, but then little by little the cigarettes crept back in. I spent all kinds of time in shops looking for that perfect flavor and all kinds of money for that perfect device.

I was just going through the motions. Each new purchase seemed to get me closer, but not there. I'd found the right battery box, the right tank...the right tip but... Still not there.

One day I went looking for a cig-a-like. An e-cig had worked ten years ago, yet todays are still junk. Junk that costs more than cigarettes. A lad at a vape shop introduced me to a Zero. I tried it out and noticed my larger stuff was just kinda sitting around after a day or two. Then one morning there were puddles around my larger gear (again). "THATZ IT!!!"

Basically for the last three weeks or so my large gear is put away. No more leaks, no more flooded air flow system, no more slurpees. The Zero has been the only vape device I use now.

While watching tv or just sitting idle it has replaced cigarettes in my pocket. I still smoke some. But I pick and choose to enjoy a cigarette from time to time and use the Zero the rest of those times. Little by little the Zero has become my cigarette. 40 years of smoking later I knew to just 'switch' or stop cold turkey was not likely to happen. So like swapping from regular to decaf coffee, from after dinner sweets to peanuts the change is gradual yet steady. The coffee thing and dessert thing took place at the same time I started vaping. They are a sucessful but the smoking thing is still in motion. Little by little the habit is changing.

I found a couple of flavors and keep a pair of Zeros with me. Each has a different taste. Each has a different drag due to one sauce being a slightly sweet 70vg and the other being a wick clogging sweet amber 80vg. That mimics the two brands of cigarettes I use. One is a light, airy ultralight and the other a stronger one requiring a stronger drag style.

I had set an arbitrary quit date of Christmas and tried on Thanksgiving without success. Since Thanksgiving though the smell of a cigarette is now something I no longer enjoy. To me that was a milestone. I certainly hope the aroma of a cigarette won't become repugnant to me as Mrs. Fixer and others in my family still smoke. I do not want to become one of 'those' people who get all bitter beer faced around them. I am glad I no longer have the urge to light up at the smell of one. Instead it now evokes an urge to vape my blueberry tasting Zero. A fork in the road has been reached. And thanks to the Vapresso Zero I see a smoke free path I never imagined with those full sized devices.

• Winner
Reactions: Vicman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread