Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi all,

I am about to buy a new MTL atomizer and am doubting between the zlide and Zenith.
Main difference in the Zlide is that the glass is replaceable, but from my understanding the new Plex3D coils can be used on both the Zlide and Zenith.
Does anyone have experience with both or one of them and share your experience?

Thanks,
Sjoerd

Reactions: Kennneth

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I enjoy my Zenith and find it to be a true mtl air wise although I feel the the rebuildable's have the edge on flavor over the pre-built coils. The Plex 3D coils for the Zenith are Kanthal wire or mesh and not the same as the Plex3D coils designed for the Innokin Isub Attys...my supplier did not believe they would fit the Zenith. If you are hoping to get the Zenith with SS coils and the new woody cotton you may need to wait...I heard that they will arrive someday.

Reactions: SP013

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Yes, no SS or cotton wood wicking in the current lineup, or so I've been told...I like TC vaping so a bit disappointed we only have Kanthal coils. I have not tried to fit the new coil (Isub) to a Zenith so I must assume that my supplier checked. Both the Kanthal wire and mesh coils for the Zenith work well...but I need TC. Zlide or Zenith I think the vaping will be identical and the price changes.

• Useful
Reactions: SP013

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi all,

I am about to buy a new MTL atomizer and am doubting between the Zlide and Zenith.
    Main difference in the Zlide is that the glass is replaceable, but from my understanding the new Plex3D coils can be used on both the Zlide and Zenith.
    Does anyone have experience with both or one of them and share your experience?

Hi,
    I have a Zenith and find it to be a Fantastic tank!.
    Very nice taste and very easy to use. From filling with juice to changing the coil.
    From my understanding you can use the Zlide coils in the Zenith.

Enjoy your choice.

Thanks,
    Sjoerd

Reactions: Captain Grey

mark40511

ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2009
    Lexington KY
    Yea I'm not loving the fact that you can't take the Zenith apart. But watching a video it shows running water through it and then blowing it dry. Some people never wash theirs.......but I don't like vaping with a tank that just came from the factory without cleaning the inside of it before the first vape - but I made an exception with this Zenith......but next time I change a coil, I'm going to wash it. If washing it with water and blowing dry with a hair dryer works........then I might skip the Zlide and just get another Zenith.

but please update when you get the Zlide and let us know. Thanks

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Both the Zenith and the Zlide take the same coils:

1.6ohm...Kanthal
    0.8ohm...Kanthal
    0.5ohm...Plexus Z...Kanthal mesh
    0.48ohm...PLEX3D...Kanthal mesh

The Zenith has 2ml. and 4ml. versions...the Zlide is 2 ml....

The Zenith closes the juice inflow while refilling...(to prevent flooding)...the Zlide does not...

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Both the Zenith and the Zlide take the same coils:

1.6ohm...Kanthal
    0.8ohm...Kanthal
    0.5ohm...Plexus Z...Kanthal mesh
    0.48ohm...PLEX3D...Kanthal mesh

The Zenith has 2ml. and 4ml. versions...the Zlide is 2 ml....

The Zenith closes the juice inflow while refilling...(to prevent flooding)...the Zlide does not...

Don't forget the Biip:lol::lol:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    So what do you guys think of the plex 3d coils? I bought a zlide that will arrive tomorrow and got the mesh with it. How do they taste? Do they last? There isn't a whole lot of info I am finding from people actually using them. What are your impressions?

I've had my Zlide for about a week now.
    3D coil very similar in taste as 0.5 ohm but a bit more airy.
    Not sure how long a coil lasts yet, I can fill you in When it dies:shock:

• Informative
    Reactions: gerrymi

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
    Portugal, Mafra
    No more replies in this thread. I'll leave my 2 cents.
    I have the zenith since it came out, the 4ml version. I think it is better than the zlide, more premium. The zlide was made to be cheaper and the 2ml limit is because it hasn't got juice port closing when filling (to save money). You can search pbusardo's video on it. I've tried all their coils and am now on the plex 3d. My favorite was the plex (not 3d). I've been using a plex 3d coil for almost a month and it is harder to wick and has less airflow. Maybe it is just this one coil, maybe the others in the pack are different. The original plex ones were all great though. Shame there is no tc yet on any zenith coils... I don't really use much tc but I like that it prevents coil burning, and with these plex 3d coils I almost burn them (at 15w) because of the poor wicking. Again, could just be this one coil...

All the coils have been lasting me 1 month, more or less, and I run 4/5ml through them each day. They are still working after that month but the liquid starts getting dark at that point...probably gunked up coil...

Since I am using both, I think I can give my two cents' worth -
    When I first started using the Zenith, it was absolutely the best MTL tank ever, hands down.
    I really enjoyed the 1.6Ω coils and stuck with them, until the Zlide came along.

The Z-Plex3D coils are tremendous! Flavour is outstanding, and the coils lasted about 3 weeks now, so it's quite on par with the other Z-platform coils as well.

In the pic I've put the Zenith on a HCigar Warwolf and the Zlide is sitting on a Vaponaute La Petit Box. Both at 13W, same juice.

Zenith Zlide.jpg

Newmikey

Feb 26, 2018
    I've got both the Zlide as well as the Zenith22 and I find the flavor is near-identical when using the same coil in both. I ended up using both because of that. The Zlide is somewhat easier to fill and easier to clean as well but the differences are tiny. Both are excellent tanks. Just got an iSub-B tank with the Plexus3D coils and that definitely is totally different flavor territory (with the same liquid) although it is much more of a liquid guzzler than either the Zenith or the Zlide (obviously).
    IMG_20190730_193507_1-2019-web.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread