Do you plan to quit nic completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapour Dwarf

Jul 2, 2010
u.k.
lovin the vaping, i don't worry about cutting down as i feel ten times healthier even on the 24mg than when on the analogues so i think i've done myself some good. being addicted to nicotine doesn't bother me it was all the doom and gloom with cigarettes and being treated like a leper when vaping now i delight in telling those people to:censored:because they can't tell me to go elsewhere because i'm harming them. But if i did cut down to 0mg then i would still vape to irritate health freaks.

Yes i'm sad but i enjoy my little victories.:lol:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
No. I have no more intentions of giving up nicotine than I do caffeine.

You da man. Personally, I enjoyed smoking... thoroughly. Just, not enough to die from it. Not to mention all the other things that came along with it. Now that all those things have been removed, I see no reason nor do I have any urge to want to quit vaping. Of course its still a vice in the true sense of the word, but if that is my vice.... I can certainly live with it.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Curious if fellow vapers plan to decrease nic levels in order to quit, or any other method. I've been vaping for a month now and I'm loving it and now I'm not sure if I wanna quit even though I turned to vaping to get off analogs.

Is your goal to quit completely?

Yes - this has become a very expensive habit for me - much more expensive then cigarettes. I am additive to nic and have been for 47 years, so I am not sure if I will ever be able to give it up completely - but I do want to.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I'm going to keep vaping with the Nic until I see some more scientific test, real ones, that show the exact amount of delivery we are getting. To date I have looked at all the ones that have been done and I am not convinced with any of them. Hopefully there will be some more seriously professional test by some bigger research firms showing the long term use of vaping with and without Nic to help all of us vapers get more educated on what the real values of Nic delivery we are all getting is, and the plus's and minuses of vaping are to help us all make a more informed and educated decision in all of this, though vaping has been out now for a few years it is still relatively a new system and I think much more information will be coming to market over time on all of this with in the next year, especially since the FDA wants to get there paws on it and the Govt will want to collect taxes on it in a more substantial manner. Just look how long it took the Govt to start legalizing ......... and how much tax money they are taking in on it.!!!

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
If I thought I could get a good throat hit without nic I would definitely try to get off of it. My understanding is it's necessary for throat hit. Am I wrong to think this? My experience seems to indicate 24mg is what I need for a good throat hit. the juice I've tried with lower amounts is ok, but less than 18 mg felt like too little for me.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
If I thought I could get a good throat hit without nic I would definitely try to get off of it. My understanding is it's necessary for throat hit. Am I wrong to think this? My experience seems to indicate 24mg is what I need for a good throat hit. the juice I've tried with lower amounts is ok, but less than 18 mg felt like too little for me.

There is more that goes into a throat hit than the nic level. Some flavors are just conductive to TH such as cinnamon, mints and menthol. There are some other ingredients that are supposed to increase throat hit without changing the flavor appreciably, and one of the large flavoring companies has produced a sort-of bottled throat hit base ingredient. My own experience has been that the warmth and quality of the vapor matter more than the nic in a throat hit for me, but I'm not particularly looking for a big throat hit anyway.

stressfreesoul

Sep 13, 2010
Hunwick, UK
A lot of people answering here have a similar thought behind quitting; they will just see how it all pans out and what the future holds. This is quite similar to when we all were starting out with smoking. We didnt really think about it much as we weren't fully aware of the long term issues that come with poisoning yourself in such a way. In fact, we didnt even think of it as poisoning ourselves...
I think vaping is the same. While it is a good replacement for cigarettes, we still arent aware of all the long term ramifications behind it and arent really 'seasoned' enough to know where it will take us or what we want to do with it.
Fair enough, there is the threat and worry of bans and our distaste of what we were doing to ourselves. I still dont think that will be enough to stop. We have our habitual nature to contend with and I think mine will win.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
A lot of people answering here have a similar thought behind quitting; they will just see how it all pans out and what the future holds. This is quite similar to when we all were starting out with smoking. We didnt really think about it much as we weren't fully aware of the long term issues that come with poisoning yourself in such a way. In fact, we didnt even think of it as poisoning ourselves...
I think vaping is the same. While it is a good replacement for cigarettes, we still arent aware of all the long term ramifications behind it and arent really 'seasoned' enough to know where it will take us or what we want to do with it.
Fair enough, there is the threat and worry of bans and our distaste of what we were doing to ourselves. I still dont think that will be enough to stop. We have our habitual nature to contend with and I think mine will win.

Well, the question wasn't whether we'd quit vaping but instead whether we planned to quit nicotine. As a large part of my addiction is more to the process rather than the chemical, I can say my plan is to quit nicotine. The speed with which that happens is dependent on what the FDA does, as at the 6-10 mg (depending on vendor) that I'm vaping now should make it fairly easy and relatively painless to get it down to nothing as long as I can still maintain the habituation of hand-to-mouth vapor production.

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
I am currently on approximately 7 mg/ml however I started at 22 mg/ml. Initially I started to reduce the nicotine content due to the vape becoming harsh and causing me to cough when I vaped. So I would bump it down a bit using PG to thin out my mixes until it was smooth and non irritating. So when I would mix up a new batch I would drop it a bit. From January to now I have dropped gradually to 7 mg/ml. Not sure if I can continue to drop but I will see if it is possible. But I won't be disappointed if I cannot reach 0 nic. I am at the low end of the spectrum already which is fine by me.

I have bought quite a few premade juices initially but for the most part I have been DIY mixing from day one.

jtcaseyjr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
Curious if fellow vapers plan to decrease nic levels in order to quit, or any other method. I've been vaping for a month now and I'm loving it and now I'm not sure if I wanna quit even though I turned to vaping to get off analogs.

Is your goal to quit completely?

Not really sure I want to quit Nicotine myself. I vape 36mg cartos. I wanted to stop smoking and get rid of the tar and all the other carcinogens and save money to boot. Nicotine is not really much worse if at all then caffeine, and yes caffeine has side effects and you can be addicted to caffeine, like any other drug. So now that I am saving money, quite a bit actually, not sure I NEED to quit nicotine. However with the FDA coming down on us, might not have a choice I refuse to waste money on cigarettes again.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I made it down from 24mg to 12mg without too much trouble, just about a month or two to adjust to 18 mg and another two months to adjust to 12mg. I haven't been able to do 8mg yet but maybe its time to give it a try...

But quitting?...I quit caffeine already, that wasn't so bad, a couple months of being really tired in the afternoon was all. Quitting nic tho - I don't know if the people around me would like the couple months of walking on egg shells (if I'm off the nic they'll have to choose between egg shells and bomb shells).

The biggest thing is probably my effectiveness at work. It really helps with my focus.

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
Although nicotine is really not harmful, there are definitely benefits to smoking 0 nic.

1. I find that I go days without picking up my PV. Doing this saves money on juice AND equipment leaving more money for shoes. :blush:

2. I don't feel a jones for anything anymore. Even if I feel like I want the soothing hand to mouth motion, I can wait for long periods of time because I'm not addicted.

3. In giving up nicotine, I found that I was able to give up caffeine as well. I think it was a hand in hand thing. Not positive, but it was easy to do this time.

It's a matter of personal choice and I see myself going longer and longer without even vaping. This coming from someone who smoked a PAD for 30 years. Freedom feels sooo good.

mokeyjoe

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Preston, UK
Not really sure I want to quit Nicotine myself. I vape 36mg cartos. I wanted to stop smoking and get rid of the tar and all the other carcinogens and save money to boot. Nicotine is not really much worse if at all then caffeine, and yes caffeine has side effects and you can be addicted to caffeine, like any other drug. So now that I am saving money, quite a bit actually, not sure I NEED to quit nicotine. However with the FDA coming down on us, might not have a choice I refuse to waste money on cigarettes again.

True but it would be nice to be able to go out and not care whether I had a PV or cigarettes on me. I don't really get any positive effects from nicotine, or caffeine for that matter. I love the taste of coffee but I don't crave it like cigarettes, so I'd like a similar vaping experience - something I can enjoy on my own terms without any cravings.

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
True but it would be nice to be able to go out and not care whether I had a PV or cigarettes on me. I don't really get any positive effects from nicotine, or caffeine for that matter. I love the taste of coffee but I don't crave it like cigarettes, so I'd like a similar vaping experience - something I can enjoy on my own terms without any cravings.

Exactly. I can't recall the last time I got off the plane and just HAD to have a Diet Mt. Dew, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread