Fogger v4 (+) vs. Kayfun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I'm going to purchase my first rebuildable tomorrow and need advice. I own a provari mini and am so tired of Aspires ....ty coils. Even the new BVCs. Bottom line is I need rta and have looked into both but need some advice. Fogger v4 or a kayfun clone? I like to lung hit and prefer a looser draw. I want something that won't give me problems, is relatively easy to build, and will give me the best flavor and vapor production. All input is appreciated.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi, both are fairly easy builds. Kayfun is easier because it's not dual coil like the fogger.I have both the fogger 4.1, and kayfun, and kayfun lite, and kayfun lite plus. I want to say if you like a airy draw, you might like the fogger better in that since. However fogger 4.1 has a fully adjustable airflow but so does kayfun lite plus. The foggers air adjustment I like better because it's a ring and kayfuns is a screw but because they are both adjustable it would be a tie in that area. As far as flavor is concerned kayfun lite plus wins in that area. But fogger wins as far as a better vapor production. I know the fogger 4.1 is advertised as " the kayfun killer" but I just don't really see it as far as flavor. I did like the fogger 4.1 so much I bought two, one in black and one in stainless. But I find myself using my kayfun more .I do highly recommend both. But for your very first I recommend the kayfun. Why? Because your just learning to build and kayfun is a great rba to learn to build and wick on while fogger can be more tricky in both the build and the wicking. Also the foggers performance is very much build dependant and it's not in my opinion one to learn on. Once you get the kayfun build down it will be much easier for you to build dual coil on the fogger. I hope this helps you out. So in a nut shell, I'd get the kayfun first. You will get loads of flavor and good vapor from it. Learn the build then buy the fogger. They are both really good but kayfun will be much better for you to learn on. Have fun and best wishes

Last edited:

jbarrick

Moved On
May 24, 2014
Alabama
Hi, both are fairly easy builds. Kayfun is easier because it's not dual coil like the fogger.I have both the fogger 4.1, and kayfun, and kayfun lite, and kayfun lite plus. I want to say if you like a airy draw, you might like the fogger better in that since. However fogger 4.1 has a fully adjustable airflow but so does kayfun lite plus. The foggers air adjustment I like better because it's a ring and kayfuns is a screw but because they are both adjustable it would be a tie in that area. As far as flavor is concerned kayfun lite plus wins in that area. But fogger wins as far as a better vapor production. I know the fogger 4.1 is advertised as " the kayfun killer" but I just don't really see it as far as flavor. I did like the fogger 4.1 so much I bought two, one in black and one in stainless. But I find myself using my kayfun more .I do highly recommend both. But for your very first I recommend the kayfun. Why? Because your just learning to build and kayfun is a great rba to learn to build and wick on while fogger can be more tricky in both the build and the wicking. Also the foggers performance is very much build dependant and it's not in my opinion one to learn on. Once you get the kayfun build down it will be much easier for you to build dual coil on the fogger. I hope this helps you out. So in a nut shell, I'd get the kayfun first. You will get loads of flavor and good vapor from it. Learn the build then buy the fogger. They are both really good but kayfun will be much better for you to learn on. Have fun and best wishes

Thanks you answered all my questions

I would love to hear others OP

In essence what realsis said

My two cents are: everyone should have a kayfun/Russian, they, like a Porsche is a benchmark. As for Fogger, Tiafun, Kraken, Genny, etc., it is what you are looking for. Why not do what my gorilla does, get one or several of each and then you will know for sure. If you don't want a miniature vape store, think of you desires, read and listen to reviews, maybe buy a clone (and be ready to modify to tune it up) if money is an issue, then make an informed decision, not one based on what I or someone else might say. What is good for me, isn't necessarily good for you.

Have fun, and enjoy your path down Vape Alley.

Thank you! How much does the kayfun lite go for? If it's on the pricey side, do you know of a good clone?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
  • Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: duplicate post, deleted per request

Texaslimo

Woof!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
TX
IMHO, Taifun is the best, followed by Kayfun, and then Fogger. The same ranking applies for ease of build and cost as well. Taifun will allow you to save your juice during a rebuild. A vertical coil in a Kayfun will provide a fantastic result also. Both are a breeze to build. A taifun will cost you about $175, a Kayfun about $100, and I think I saw a Fogger for less than $40. Clones can be had for around $25. I would comment more on the Fogger, but I gave mine away and have not purchased another.

IMHO, Taifun is the best, followed by Kayfun, and then Fogger. The same ranking applies for ease of build and cost as well. Taifun will allow you to save your juice during a rebuild. A vertical coil in a Kayfun will provide a fantastic result also. Both are a breeze to build. A taifun will cost you about $175, a Kayfun about $100, and I think I saw a Fogger for less than $40. Clones can be had for around $25. I would comment more on the Fogger, but I gave mine away and have not purchased another.
What version was your fogger?

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
Kayfun lite + /Russian clones are what I use daily. I own 5.
I have a Fogger3 it's not even in the same class. Never tried Taifun so I can't say anything about it. I like my Kayfuns/Russians best.
Fogger3 was a piece of junk. Worst $35 I've ever spent. Lots of dry hits, rewicked several times, small base to work on, & now it leaks. I wouldn't even try a Fogger4.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
you could get both really.... They are both pretty good (haven't tried the fogger sorry). Fasttech has the taifun GT clone for 21.36 free world wide shipping (b version) A version is 19.65.

I prefer the Taifun GT over the Kayfun lite plus v2 by a small margin. I'm using the A version of the Taifun GT from fasttech cause the b version was a week out from stock. Noticed it back in stock today and ordered the b to see if there is a difference (some say it's better).

The Taifun is a 23mm device and sits perfect on a dna 30 box mod. A bit taller and heavier than a kayfun. But you can fix a coil or rewick it without dumping your juice (huge plus) and the tanks vacuum is not as delicate. Don't get me wrong I still love the kayfun (which is a EHPro clone from 101vape) The one from fluid has two air hole screws instead of one and is 10 bucks cheaper. Not sure what they charge to ship, but for just over 50 bucks you could have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread