Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Cool, thanks. And that's what I was aiming at, vaping apocalypse, initials: F.D.A. :D

It's understandable with you preferring VV. For me it was just too finicky. Did I mention I hate finicky? :laugh: Seriously though, I tend to vape fruit flavors that are better at higher ohms/regular voltage. Otherwise they taste burnt to me.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Not being argumentative...but to the F.D.A. point...they won't go after your mod. They [may] go after your nic. Mech or electronic mod...won't matter. :)

I know you're not being argumentative my dear Atty. Hopefully we know each other well enough by now that we can have this kind of conversation with no hurt feelings. :)

Unfortunately however, in this area I think we might be in deeper trouble than you think. They consider rolling papers and rolling machines an accessory of cigarettes and are now able to regulate said items. Considering that they were banning even the import of e-cig batteries, with no nicotine involved, before Judge Leon's ruling they already consider those an accessory of vaping. Bill Godshall was recently looking for pre 2007 batteries, I imagine to try to prove that they are equivalent to our current devices before the FDA goes overboard. I honestly believe that, unless things have changed with the new blood the FDA just got or we find a way to change their minds, we'll be stuck with pre 2007 e-cig batteries and sealed cartos; basically what Big T is currently selling. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, not going back. :D

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I love my kicked Bombshell stinger. built like a tank and regulated. Not the sexiest Mod out there, but it works. I am not coming close to the three days of vaping on a single charge like most reviewers state. I am getting a solid 12 hours on a batt which is fine. If it dies before I am ready to charge then a back up ego twist gets me through.

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I love my Egos and Vamo. Lately I've been buying mechs because I want to make sure I can continue to vape should the FDA go nuts. Provari is in next months vape budget. The mechs are sleek and sexy....love the way they look, BUT I like the vape better on egos and my Vamo. I hope that with more experience learning about coils I will enjoy it more but I like a cool vape and don't care for TH. I want flavor and vapor.
Got tired of looking at the RBAs I've gotten and made my first coils a couple of nights ago. YEA ME! It wasn't that hard and I used my Vamo to check oHms. Still too much heat for me but I'll keep learning and working on it.
Good luck.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
I love my kicked Bombshell stinger. built like a tank and regulated. Not the sexiest Mod out there, but it works. I am not coming close to the three days of vaping on a single charge like most reviewers state. I am getting a solid 12 hours on a batt which is fine. If it dies before I am ready to charge then a back up ego twist gets me through.

Wow you only get 12 hours out of that beastly battery? What kinda coil you running on it? And the kick is maxed to 10 I guess? I am kinda debating on getting the nhaler version of that mod, kinda torn between that and the ihybrid pure.

To stay on topic, I like VV mods, BUT, I wish there was a VV mod that is a bit more RBA friendly. Troubleshooting hot spots with a VV mod is not easy from my understanding, every time you try to fire the protection kicks in. I guess hot spots aren't a huge issue unless you go the SS wick route, but still, SS is probably going to be the best RBA wick for a while to come.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
The Bombshell is pretty much all I use during the day and with the kick maxed, not sure what ohm my coil is, I just wrap and re wrap until I get the vape I want, some times it's 1.5 ohm some times its in the high twos. I haven't been able to get a consistent vape from the same ohm coil twice. Probably slight variations in wick and what not. Either I am a lot heavier vaper than I thought or most reviewers trade the Bombshell out with other devices during the day so the three day estimate is based on intermittent use. I'm sure it's sacrilege but I wouldn't by the Bombshell again not for that price anyways. The tube threads are ridiculously sharp, I have cut my hand a few times taking the battery out. The kick fits really tight and some times will wedge in the adapter and loose contact. You have to smack the bottom of the mod a few times to get the battery to make contact again. The switch is kind of cheesy, replacements are cheep but that means the switch is cheep feeling too.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have both unregulated mech mods and variable voltage regulated mods. My Provari's get 90% or more of my attention.

Aside from the built-in atty and voltage meters (which I use frequently), I prefer the same consistant vape from the beginning of the battery until it is time to replace it. With the unregulated mods, the vape is nice with a fresh battery, but it goes downhill from there. I change delivery devices and flavors frequently during the course of my day, and having the ability to change the voltage on the fly for each flavor is now a necessity for me.

I even prefer using my rebuildables on the Provari's, again for the above reasons. I'm also not a fan of ultra low resistance coils, preferring a cooler vape. I run 1.5 - 2.0 ohm coils on the AGA's.

AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg

AGA T2's on Provari's and Silver Bullet

Last edited:

TattooedSkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Las Vegas
I use and love both, they have two (2) different functions and both have a place. When I want ease and in the go I use a vv/vw apv with a carto tank, but If I'm at home I'm usually using a mechanical device with rda or genesis.

I love sub ohm vaping (.3-.6) and I can't do that with a vv/vw apv. I like hands on interaction and the journey of tinkering with ideas. We wouldn't have came this far, at this pace with vaping if it wasn't for creativity and with a mechanical device, materials and a single thought, you're Christopher Columbus!

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I still use the first tube mod I ever bought four years ago, Altsmoke silver bullet. I don't even consider that a true mech, but the thing is a tank and there's nothing wrong with the connector.

The bottom button on a PAPS is darn near a touch sensor switch.

I'd rather have the consistency of voltage regulated mods and the ease of replacing it for $20.00. Also, as I use box mods, they can't "go boom", I can use protected batteries, and get more mAh out of em. The voltage regulator has short circuit protection on top of that.

Long term maintenance of all mech mods is still necessary. So if I went that route I'd have to order 5 of everything just to make sure I had spare parts when a mom-and-pop-pv-shop one-off goes out of business. So...the argument that all-mech is better fails me, I guess. I know arcing will make the button fail eventually since they run all power through it. Not to mention the connector wearing out.

So I'd rather have the options/features and replace a $20 or $30 dollar e-cig once a year. Then I'm staying current too. Of course, you can spend more, but I don't.

Whatever you have now...give it 3 years...you probably won't be using it.

:2c:

EDIT: Plus...(and this is totally personal preference)...I hate, hate, hate bottom button mods. Not all mech-mods are bottom button, but enough are that I would have limited options.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
All I can say is that since I started using mech mods, I use them more often than VW mods. Not because I think I'm cool but because I just like the vape more even tho I have to change battery 3x a day. I find the mechs more responsive and more vape "variable" to my taste. When I just want to vape I use VW mod, when I want to get little more personal with my vape I use mechs. Kind of like driving sports car vs. normal car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread