Setting the record straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I just wish I could drip right. Every time I try it, I get this really bad taste. I put more drops in but then the attys leak. I'm getting much better flavor out of cartos and I know that's not the way it's supposed to be.

At least I'm not smoking.....

Absolutely :)

Some folks have a steeper learning curve with dripping than others. When the atty floods blow it out and add one drop. vape that until you start to loose flavour or VP drops, then add 2 drops and away you go. No matter how long you have been dripping not all the liquid will vaporize and you will need to periodically blow out the atty into a tissue. BTW blow them out from the mouth end :)

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Absolutely :)

Some folks have a steeper learning curve with dripping than others. When the atty floods blow it out and add one drop. vape that until you start to loose flavour or VP drops, then add 2 drops and away you go. No matter how long you have been dripping not all the liquid will vaporize and you will need to periodically blow out the atty into a tissue. BTW blow them out from the mouth end :)

Aint that the truth, and it seems that my all vg stuff needs that much quicker than my high pg stuff. There is nothing like that very first hit after blowing out an atomizer.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Aint that the truth, and it seems that my all vg stuff needs that much quicker than my high pg stuff. There is nothing like that very first hit after blowing out an atomizer.
I actually just started trying VG liquids and this is so true! I flooded an io6 not realizing the VG juice hung around a lot longer... lol

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

I noticed it with all liquids but now that you mention it VG does indeed seem to not vaporise as well as PG. Kudos for pointing that out. I thought it was my imagination.

MAlzado

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
USA
Did I mention I'm a beta tester?
Do you have a point to make here?
As luck would have it, yes. Since you seem to have missed it last time, (In my 'I'm a beta tester!' or some such post...) let me write it out clearly.

I like this sub. So when I see a thread is degenerating into taking sides, I'm just liable to pop in with some little off the wall quip to break the tension.

For instance... If I were in an art forum I might try to lighten the mood thusly if I saw a confrontation brewing between a less experienced, frustrated student member and a very experienced, gifted and generous (let's use the word influential) artist, occasionally prone to assertive impatience. This situation might hypothetically, also be exacerbated by other members' use of the Like button. This is counterproductive IMO. I won't use the like button to endorse the influential artist's public scolding of the weaker so folks don't mistake me for a sycophant, kicking the loser of the popularity contest. It divides us. Besides, there is always the Private Message function.

We're tryin' to make a vaper... not break one.

While I'm here, I'd like to say thank you for all of the many hours of education I've received from your posts. Your sharing of so much of your knowledge, worded so clearly, specifically, and understandably has saved me a LOT of time & money. It's also given me a few 'DOH!' moments as well. :) So, I guess that makes me a Switched fanboy. (Well that, plus I dropped out of charm school too!)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks for your thorough explanation :) I do see your point and offer mine.

I am all for intelligent discussion of the facts on merits. At the same time have great difficulty being tactful with argumentative individuals. I could also take a stance and ignore posts it would indeed make life easier for everyone :) That being said it would prove extremely counter-productive wouldn't you say?

MAlzado

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
USA
Thanks for your thorough explanation :) I do see your point and offer mine.
I am all for intelligent discussion of the facts on merits. At the same time have great difficulty being tactful with argumentative individuals. I could also take a stance and ignore posts it would indeed make life easier for everyone :) That being said it would prove extremely counter-productive wouldn't you say?
If your hypothetical refers to ALL posts, then yes. That would be a tragic loss to this entire community. And if you'll forgive my candor, I don't think you could do it. My take is that anyone who contributes so much 'teaching' time to others, actually reading and addressing their specific questions in detail, individually, and then crafting these tailored, eloquent responses can not be Switched off.
Here's the supporting math:
Approximately 6000 posts
Let's say.... 100 words/post (a conservative estimate)
= 600,000 words.
divided by the typical machinist's typing speed: 9 words/minute :laugh:. (Okay, we'll credit you with 15 WPM.)
That comes out to 670 HOURS.
In job terms, that = OVER 4 MONTHS-FULL TIME. (Holy krap! That can't be right... What the heck is wrong with you??? :pervy:)

................. Huh.
Somehow, I've actually proved your point.
Where is that guy? I'll get my rope.

Oh wait, I just remembered. Isaac says we have to behave. Dangit!
Okay, Plan B: We lure him over to the GG sub & tell him to say "The UFS is not the Holy Grail".
Yeah, that should do it...

Last edited:

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
There is something I think newbies are not taking into consideration and that is their juices. All juices are not going to vape the same i their carts or atty'. VG is not going to vape the same as PG because it is thicker and PG is going to be thinner than VG and there are ranges in between. Darker juices are going to vape different lighter juices. One juice may work great in an atty and the same juice may not work so great in an carto. Plus there is the voltage to consider also. On some juices you ramp the voltage up too much and you are going to get burnt juice while other juices do just fine at an higher voltage. I guess my point here is to keep on experimenting with different things till you find what works for you and don't be so fast to jump the gun and blame the hardware automatically.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The only time I get ugly answering a post is when the poster starts of with a bunch of derogatory BS about this or that is garbage and I got burnt. That poster isn't looking to learn but just to bash. Every product isn't the same and every user isn't the same. I'll go out of my way to help someone if I can but if the poster isn't looking for help but instead looking to ridicule and blame then my response is likely going to make somebody mad. Switched has helped this sub-forum and others out immensely as has Isaac. Both of them guys are a wealth of knowledge. (I was going to say forgot more than I know but thought I better not) Anyway everybody have a great evening.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
The only time I get ugly answering a post is when the poster starts of with a bunch of derogatory BS about this or that is garbage and I got burnt. That poster isn't looking to learn but just to bash. Every product isn't the same and every user isn't the same. I'll go out of my way to help someone if I can but if the poster isn't looking for help but instead looking to ridicule and blame then my response is likely going to make somebody mad. Switched has helped this sub-forum and others out immensely as has Isaac. Both of them guys are a wealth of knowledge. (I was going to say forgot more than I know but thought I better not) Anyway everybody have a great evening.
LOL I agree completely. And you can say it, we're all familiar with the term now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread