Fluval cartridge restuffing video instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
I just put up a video showing how to re-stuff your cartridges with Fluval. Included in the video is a picture of the correct product to purchase. Fluval makes a number of different items, and most of them will not work at all. This video shows what one does work and how to use it.

YouTube - E-Cig cartridge Fluval re-stuffing 101

I hope this helps everyone.

Last edited:

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
Great video! I'll have to try the plastic tube as well! :D

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to do a video showing how to do the tube mod next. I've seen a lot of discussion on both topics, but not a lot of help in actually doing it. I don't own enough devices or try out enough juices to be competent in reviewing them, but I am good at the instructional stuff. It's the one thing I can do to return to the forums all the information I've taken from since the beginning.

Besides, this way, no one has to look at my mug. :)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Interesting. I've done a somewhat different straw mod a few times. I cut a piece of filler about 1/4 inch short, and cut a 1/4 inch section of a regular soda straw. Then I put the straw section in the bottom of the cartridge, and the foam on top, so it made a pocket under the foam, to serve as a reservoir. I didn't do it for long enough to be sure, but it seemed to make the cartridges last a bit longer. But, in the end, all the prep time didn't seem worthwhile to me. It was easier to just top off a regular cartridge a bit more often.

So, what's the advantage of the side-straw? More consistent flow rate?

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
Interesting. I've done a somewhat different straw mod a few times. I cut a piece of filler about 1/4 inch short, and cut a 1/4 inch section of a regular soda straw. Then I put the straw section in the bottom of the cartridge, and the foam on top, so it made a pocket under the foam, to serve as a reservoir. I didn't do it for long enough to be sure, but it seemed to make the cartridges last a bit longer. But, in the end, all the prep time didn't seem worthwhile to me. It was easier to just top off a regular cartridge a bit more often.

So, what's the advantage of the side-straw? More consistent flow rate?

here's the orig post, leaf:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I agree, great video grumpster... I have a question..I bought some fluval a while back..Visually it looks like yours but the numbers are different..Mine says that it is 104/105 and under that > 204/205...I think you mentioned yours was 300 something..Do these numbers refer to weight, density or what?...And is what I have usable?.. If anyone knows, your response would be much appreciated..Thanks....Ivy

Last edited:

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
I agree, great video grumpster... I have a question..I bought some fluval a while back..Visually it looks like yours but the numbers are different..Mine says that it is 104/105 and under that > 204/205...I think you mentioned yours was 300 something..Do these numbers refer to weight, density or what?...And is what I have usable?.. If anyone knows, your response would be much appreciated..Thanks....Ivy

What you have is the same material, but in a smaller size. It's intended for a smaller filter unit for a smaller aquarium. I specified the one that I did because it divides out nicely for what we're doing, at least for the 801-901 carts and you get more material for your money. What you have will work just fine though. If I'm not mistaken, the thickness is the same, so splitting the layers should be the same. Check it against your own carts and use your own judgment and you'll be okay. You'll have to cut it a little differently than what I described because of the difference in size of the pads, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread