Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Oh you can't access the bottom wick on the aga.
I don't have an aga, but I was able to thread this wick through this long coil trying to represent length of the aga coil & deck. I did not touch the bottom of the wick only the top. This is how I would try to do it.

null_zps31bd45c5.jpg

Wick was dry, about the amount I thought it would need. It was a large wick when light rolled, then folded over on itself and rolled twisted tight. .When you twist it tight, the size should be the diameter of your coil because it's really compressed, expect it to expand a little bit. On your wick point you have 3 seconds after you point it tight to push it to the deck so you can keep feeding it by twisting and lightly rolling at the coil if nessasary, but ideally not much or it may be too tight. If you just keep the wick twisting it will compresses itself with the tension to slide through. You'll just have to get the density close. Which sould only take a couple try's if you don't get it the first time. I would let this soak for a while for the wick to expand since it's compressed. You want subtle shoulders on it when broken in. Not bulging coming out of the tank, nice and flush with slight shoulders so you know its full.

was messing with the aga t2....tried wetting it and twisting then inserting
big mistake!.....kept getting too much into coil....besides it would taste like spit for a little while!..lol
did just what you said above and worked like a champ!!
.6 build and it vapes well for an aga
dont know if it will make it back into the stable though

RadicalM1nd

Jun 4, 2014
Germany
Ok, so I decided to rewick after emptying my first tank.. because i didn't use enough and all
BDnx5ki.jpg

PMG1k84.jpg

My phone takes potato pictures, but this is as tightly as I can pack it.
Nothing new to say other than it's great. Wicks without any problems at all on a 60/40 and the taste is juice and only juice.
I need to order some higher VG stuff again and see how it will work out with this

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
On a genisis, I would think you want it to be flush with the wick hole after it breaks in, with an ever so tiny shoulder on it to make sure you have the fAstest wick flow, Vertically. You could also try leaving the top tail long and draping it to the deck and back to wick hole to soak up any excess juice and possibly also feed from the main wick to the top. ( they say rayon has an excellent drape.lol)

Remember rayon only has to lay against/touch another piece to wick from it.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Ok, so I decided to rewick after emptying my first tank.. because i didn't use enough and all
My phone takes potato pictures, but this is as tightly as I can pack it.
Nothing new to say other than it's great. Wicks without any problems at all on a 60/40 and the taste is juice and only juice.
I need to order some higher VG stuff again and see how it will work out with this

Nice build,
Density Looks pretty close, just check it after a few hours. I think its possible to open the kayfun while full just like I did with my oddy. I don't had one by turning it upside down and unscrew the mouth piece and tank at same time. Would that work?

If it doesn't wick fast enough trim the tails a little shorter. If thier just at the wick holes it's hydroscopic properties will attract and hold the juice to keep it from flooding. A split wick is best done with a folded wick to size. The cut the ends and you have 2 even strands.

If you find you need more and have trouble feeding through just twist the wick slightly to compress it it get threw. If you don't twist too tight it will spring right back. Use a combo of twisting the wick on its self and screwing it through. Or use a thread the needle method with a little twisting to keep the fibers together.

When you guys post pics of your builds include the rba, wire gauge and ohms. Post Rba so its searchable once this gets huge we want people to be able to search their rba for builds. and coil for our information.

Last edited:

RadicalM1nd

Jun 4, 2014
Germany
To confirm the stronger nicotine hit using rayon, has anyone vaped 0mg juice with cellucotton yet?

I have, what do you want me to confirm? Obviously, there's no nic hit :p

Radical, are you talking about the Rossman Lilibe viscous stuff? I also tried that in a R91 and had a bad taste for half a tank, but now it is ok, probably better than cotton.

Yep, that's what im currently trying out. Did you boil yours?

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
man...i am going through the juice!
going through alot more than normal.
refilled both kayfuns 3 times, taifun twice and the fogger twice yesterday. dripped probably close to 5-6 mls.

ive got the timing down on the kayfuns pretty good. know when i need to refill without looking.
yesterday id see it and go dayum, i just filled it not too long ago.
juice companys need to promote rayon...lol

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
To confirm the stronger nicotine hit using rayon, has anyone vaped 0mg juice with cellucotton yet?

I know what your thinking.. It is increased nic hit due to increased saturation of the coil for the duration of the vape. You will be Shocked that all you change is the wick and all the sudden you get a drastic increase. It's astounding IMO. The chemicals are not present in the finshed product.

#1- the sulfuric acid has a strong affinity to water. Rinsed with water the acid jumps chemical bond with the cellulose to the water molecule easily and automatically.

#2 - carbon disulfide is not present in the finished product when you recieve it.

a. They send it through a cs2 recovery loop

b. cs2 has a half life of 12 days in air. So in 30 days after production *if there was any cs2 remaining on the fiber it would be decomposed and neutral. The post washing process should also remove this. If you have any concern about either of these a rinse/ quick boil/ rinse would remove any post harmless residues.

Anyone care to debate the chemistry?

Realize this thread is less than 1 month old guys & gals. !!!

The end product is pure cellulose, purest wick you've ever TAsted

Last edited:

RadicalM1nd

Jun 4, 2014
Germany
Ok, next build:
Dual 7-wrap on a 1,5mm (.05inches..1/18 i guess?) drillbit, about .75Ohms.
All on a Nimbus Clone. My center post is kind of crooked, so i decided to go with a center post build...thing (you see the legs come out crooked in the middle).

nnGCUqc.jpg

Bad camera,shaky hands

As you can see i stuffed the thing with Rayon. I go by a less-is-more strategy with cotton, so i would probably use wicks half the size using regular cotton. However, this stuff wicks so well that it doesnt matter. I vaped it dry (which took long, as it literally soaked up every little drop from the deck), then dripped just on the ends. After about 5s it crept up to the coil and i could vape again.
Clouds still seem more or less the same to me.

So in conclusion, at least for the Viscose cotton balls I use, the clouds seem the same. Taste is 100% juice, smiliar to cotton. The two main advantages are a) that i can just stuff the coil, without worrying about using "too much" and the biggest point b) the wicking is far superior. I don't even think any fine SS-mesh i used comes close to this.
No reason to use regular cotton anymore. Thanks again for this whole thread guys, you have greatly increased my vaping experience.

Last edited:

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
Ok, guys it Friday, I'm bored and a little bit of a nerd. So I was thinking, I wonder how long with this 500ft Cellucotton 100% Rayon rope last.

Lets say you cut a 0.5in piece of rope for your wicks, out of that piece you can get...say 2 wicks (that's packing it in a RDA).
So,
500ft at 0.5inches and each 0.5inches makes 2 wicks = 24,000 wicks
Ok, lets say you change wicks on average, every day on one RDA
24,000 wicks / 365.242 days per year (including leap years)
= 65.71 years

hahahaha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread