Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I found out the neighbor girl wants to make money this summer while school is out. It's genius, why didn't I think of it before. I hire her to help me clean pens, clean up the yard and spring clean the house.
You could even hire a helper with your housecleaning jobs. :thumb: More business, because you could do it quicker and take on more jobs.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I won't be expanding the business. I have hired this little gal before. I have also hired a couple of other teenagers for a couple of jobs. They drive me a little nuts since they really think it is okay to stand around getting nothing done. Hubby likes to talk, too.

I have to announce that I am not paying people to hang out and talk. I feel like the big B but, darn it, I really am stretching the budget to hire anything out to anyone and I better get some stuff done for my money.

The kids are nice but I won't be hiring any of them on a regular basis. She will be going back to school in the late summer anyway.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Jeesh, and I pictured you riding around in an H2 supervising all these workerbees and doing tons of paperwork, LOL.

That was me a number of years ago except it was one of three old vans and I cleaned businesses ntwo nights a week so I could make enough money to live on while the gals cleaned houses in the daytime when I could help if needed, do training and troubleshoot. Of course, I made a little money off of each of those jobs.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
My duck seems to be doing better this morning. He is still not walking, but I have him separated safely by himself. A sad fact about chickens: when another bird in the flock is sick or hurt some chickens will pick on them, and attack them to the point of even killing them. It is awful. I have a couple chickens like that, and I cannot trust them to not hurt him. Just awful.

SandySu, your family duck sounded too cool! Ducks do imprint. Mine have always followed me around :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
That Mrs. Awsum is a trooper. Not every gal would help you make topsoil:)

You guys are making me want some ducks. They sound like they have real personalities.

I've considered chickens but decided I would end up with mice [ick] and I'd have to clean the pen [ick]. I might change my mind since I just love the way chickens vocalize.

I found out the neighbor girl wants to make money this summer while school is out. It's genius, why didn't I think of it before. I hire her to help me clean pens, clean up the yard and spring clean the house.
Ducks are awesome! They have the best personalities!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Hiya Voltville!!

Just thought I'd drop in and let ya all know that I'm still kickin'. I've been able to wrap my head around my sister's passing. In about a week, I'll be going to her second memorial service in Ohio. My BF will be taking me. He's taking vacation time to get off of work, bless his heart. While I'm in Ohio, I'll also be able to see my remaining sister and at least two of my brothers. Dunno if the other one can make it. It'll be a reunion. I'll be bringing my sister home with me for a few days of R&R in my little forest refuge here. It's been so long since I've seen her. She doesn't even think she's met my son who is 27 years old!

Last Sunday evening, my friend from high school arrived here. We had a lot to catch up on after not being in contact for 40 years. It was a hoot! She's the same fearless gal that I knew way back when. Just wiser and less naive. She was even up to trekking up the creek all the way to The Cliffs. That's a long hike to make through water. It's just about the only way you can get there. She left on Tuesday. :(

Oh! And I called the barred owls in for her. She was rather dubious about the whole thing and couldn't believe it when the mated pair showed up and started hooting it up maniacally. The call that draws them in is a male call, and they were trying to drive me from their territory. :laugh: I don't keep it up for long and let them think that they have won so that they can go back to the business of being owls.

Yesterday I had lab work done. Going to the doctor always brings on "white coat fever" and I locked my keys in Jeepers like an idiot. :facepalm: Had to wait outside in the rain and cold (it was in the 40's) until the locksmith showed up. Meanwhile, my future daughter in law was having surgery on her shoulder. She's doing well now. Well, she's got some pretty darned good painkillers, so she oughta be doin' well! :laugh:

So much has gone on while I was away that I can't possibly comment to all of it. But

Welcome Ducklady!!

welcome.gif

Glad you got some rain, Lizzie. Hope you get some too, Awsum, Semi, and Wuzz. Hang in there, Sandy. If you feel like getting involved with the horses, go for it. But only if you think it won't cause you additional heartache over Penny. C'Mon Terry - I know yer out there. I can hear you breathing! :laugh:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hi, Rave. I kind of figured you were busy but I was going to ask if anyone had heard from you this evening. You beat me to the punch! Glad you've come to grips with your sister's passing and going to a reunion, of sorts. It is, usually, good to see family. Now we only need to hear from Tritium or at least see some activity from him

We actually got some rain today, YAY! It's been raining, lightly, all afternoon and that's just what we need to let is soak in rather than just run off. Plus I don't have to water the garden today for a change.

I never did get to Costco today, had problems getting my ship together this morning and getting the laundry done. This afternoon was spent in the kitchen making sauce. So, tomorrow morning will be spent running around. I've got to go to Columbus Farmers Market at pick up some chopped meat for burgers, salads and desserts for the weekend. I want to do that early to avoid the rush ahead of Memorial Day then go on that Costco run with an added stop at the grocery store for sale items.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Howdy Voltville. Remember me? :D I've been having to lurk on a tablet this week. My Son and his DW are visiting and their room is where the puter is. We got a super t-storm, complete with small hail yesterday and another one today. Glad to hear you're doing better Rave and Welcome Duck Lady. Laterzz

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Nope.
Mistake. It is the day for the saint he was named for. Almost as big, though.

We all know Trit is no saint:)

I told the teenager to show up on Sunday and I would have her work on the irrigation system. I'll set up the tubing on Saturday and then she can put the fifty T's and J's on Sunday. I hope this goes smoothly. She is into athletics so hopefully her arms will be up to the challenge.

Wonderful to hear from you, RAven!!!!! I was starting to wonder how you were doing.

I think I messed up the @ thingey last time so let's try it again @Tritium Where are you buddy?

Wuzz- We are getting another storm in right now. It is slow moving and coming right at us. Not too much thunder and lightening. Just enough to make the dogs nervous.

I got some photos of the horses playing but I'll have to wait until another time to put them up since I should sign off and unplug the computer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread