Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Maybe I am just unlucky. I'm seriously considering the Sigilei 75 TC or IPVS4 instead, though. Two dead eVics in less than a month is just ridiculous...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Well, get your replacement and send it over here....i need a second color :p

Reactions: paleh0rse

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I do like the design of the sigelei 75w..... And I've heard rumor they may be releasing other colored replacement doors.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
I absolutely LOVE my Sigelei 75. Super easy to use, and I love how small it is. That and my Snow Wolf is the 1-2 on my team. The evic-VT and the SX Mini is the backups now.

Reactions: paleh0rse

paleh0rse

Jun 2, 2015
I absolutely LOVE my Sigelei 75. Super easy to use, and I love how small it is. That and my Snow Wolf is the 1-2 on my team. The evic-VT and the SX Mini is the backups now.
The Snow Wolf would be fantastic, but there's a pretty big price difference. I'll pay back tomorrow after I've made my choice (if they give me a choice).

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The Snow Wolf would be fantastic, but there's a pretty big price difference. I'll pay back tomorrow after I've made my choice (if they give me a choice).

The Sigelei 75 is comparable in price, specs, and size to the evic-VT. The only thing it doesn't have is the Ti mode.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. My second eVic just died... seriously, W T F?!

I replaced the first one three weeks ago after encountering the never-ending "battery low" error.

This second one? It just completely died in the middle of taking a hit. The screen went black and it won't turn back on or fire. (It had a nearly full battery, so that shouldn't be the issue).

I removed the atty, tried plugging it in, and still nothing. Just a black screen. :(

Am I ... cursed, or are these eVics simply pieces of junk?

Unless the shop reset my 30-day return window when I picked up the last replacement, I may be screwed this time. I'll find out tomorrow morning, so please wish me luck!

PS: if anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Your the most unlucky man in the world if its really defective..

I haven't heard of problems with these like that. Mines been flawless.

Are you sure you have a good charging cable.. I have one that will charge a phone but not the evic because the cable gets bent.

paleh0rse

Jun 2, 2015
Your the most unlucky man in the world if its really defective..

I haven't heard of problems with these like that. Mines been flawless.

Are you sure you have a good charging cable.. I have one that will charge a phone but not the evic because the cable gets bent.
Yeah, it's not the cable -- I've tried three different cables tonight, including my phone charger. No response at all.

I also posted this on Reddit tonight and have already encountered two other users whose eVics died the same way after just a few weeks.

I've definitely been unlucky with this mod, though...

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Firmware update, awesome. The obvious question we all have is........?
Tried to find some info on what the firmware fixes, but the only thing I found was a German forum. To the best of my understanding what was said was "1.19 fixes the issues".... In the half hour I've been using it it's been working splendidly :) The coil is rock-stable at .1 (I'm using a ni200 coil in a clr head) and no dropping out of tc mode yet. I actually like the Ego One Mega tank, with clr coils at least. I haven't tested the Evic in vw mode and I have no plans to do so.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cigatron

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Tried to find some info on what the firmware fixes, but the only thing I found was a German forum. To the best of my understanding what was said was "1.19 fixes the issues".... In the half hour I've been using it it's been working splendidly :) The coil is rock-stable at .1 (I'm using a ni200 coil in a clr head) and no dropping out of tc mode yet. I actually like the Ego One Mega tank, with clr coils at least. I haven't tested the Evic in vw mode and I have no plans to do so.

Actually, the resistance just dropped to .08 :D

Reactions: Dobo

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The only thing I can think of that I would want changed from 1.18 is the accuracy of displayed temp. Functionally it's flawless imo. How does the temp look in Ni mode? Ti mode?
Unfortunately, having used the Evic a bit more, it appears that the temp accuracy isn't great. I need to have my Subtank Mini at about 520f to get the same vape as with 450f on my Waidea flask clone.

Another weird thing is that the Ego One Mega seems to like it a lot better on the flask, with a nickel coil (haven't managed to get a titanium coil working quite right yet). Better cloud production without a burnt taste. I'm doing something weird/wrong but I haven't figured out what yet.

raiderep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2014
NorCal
You who have both the Evic and another tc mod, what's your temperature offset? For example, I need to increase my temperature by about 80-100f compared to my other tc mods (Waidea flask, Kangxin Mini - and my SXK rDNA when I still had it).

I have to do the same compared to my sxmini m and although it kind of disappoints me at least it works well with the higher temp setting.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have to do the same compared to my sxmini m and although it kind of disappoints me at least it works well with the higher temp setting.
Do you mean that you need to set the temperature on the Evic higher than on the SX Mini? What's your temp on the SX and what is it on the Evic?

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
You who have both the Evic and another tc mod, what's your temperature offset? For example, I need to increase my temperature by about 80-100f compared to my other tc mods (Waidea flask, Kangxin Mini - and my SXK rDNA when I still had it).

On my VT: 250-260ºC with 30W, same build/atty on my SX mini: 220ºC and 20-25J

We all know that the Evic besides delivering more power gets a bit lost with the temp. settings..... thing to get used to. Would be nice if it could go UNDER the 30W.

beco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread