Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Man, I used to read the covers off books. These days...not so much. Can't even finish Game of Thrones.

I used to read a lot of books but then I discovered computers and now I can't even remember the last time I picked up paper to read unless it had instructions, was attached to food or I was really, really bored. I guess I could read ebooks, but I don't do that either.

I don't read nearly as much as I used to, but I used to work in a bookstore. Now most of my reading is of the picture book kind at bedtime.

Pictures are good
good2.gif

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just mixed up some Cinnamon swirl cookies with Bav Cream and the first time I tried this. Not bad!

I tried that a couple of times chopdoc and couldn't get it to work for me. If you could pass on your recipe I would love to try it again :)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Indeed we do have readers and I am getting behind... I just love King and I need to get caught up with Revival and Finders Keepers. I don't know about the Joyland Illustrated Edititon though, Joyland was great but I'll have to look when it comes out.

I have a couple of Odd Thomas books to catch up on as well, It will be good to see that series finally come to a close. The last I enjoyed of his other stuff was 77 Shadow St and Wilderness, he need revive the temporal Nazi's for a bit from Lightning. :D

I loved Odd Thomas and thought he was done after Deeply Odd, then we got Saint Odd this year and I was delighted!!

Re: King - did you read 11-22-63? Not the usual King stuff, and by far my favorite EVER. Recommended it to my best friend and she was doubtful, even though I kept assuring her it wasn't horror. She still talks about that book - I think it made her all-time favorites list!

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I'm a huge reader.

Have you read Anne bishop's dark jewels series? It might be up your alley

I looked that up and was thinking - yeah, dark fantasy, sounds good... then I read this :
The Shadow Queen. 2009 P.E.A.R.L. award (Paranormal Excellence Award for Romantic Literature). Received an Honorable Mention in the Fantasy category.

Romantic literature? Uh, no. Is this right? I can't stand romance novels. Barf. lol.

Reactions: TrollDragon

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I looked that up and was thinking - yeah, dark fantasy, sounds good... then I read this :

Romantic literature? Uh, no. Is this right? I can't stand romance novels. Barf. lol.
Like many stories, there is romance/love interest involved, but it really doesn't read like a romance

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm being crushed by my 100lb dog who won't get off my lap! My ribs hurt.

I hear ya Roxy. My 60 pound dog tried that once. I'm big enough at 230 pounds so the weight by itself didn't bother me too much but her undercarriage is all bones. Once was enough.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
That's the main reason I'm so terrified of diabetes, which GALLOPS thru my family... The idea of going blind horrifies me, I couldn't read! I can't stand listening to people reading aloud! I read a LOT!!! faster than I can listen!!!

Andria

I felt the same way Andria. No way I'd ever do an audio book. That is until I moved out into the boonies and started driving 2 hrs a day round trip. At first I filled the time with music but eventually I tried an audio book. And fell in love. All the best authors use "performers" rather than readers. They don't just read the book, they actually act it out with their voice. So it's almost like listening to a movie (a very long movie lol). Some are better than others, but in recent years all of the Koontz and King novels are done by excellent performers.

I don't expect you to believe this - I wouldn't have - but if your eyes do go bad, or you're in for a long car trip, give it a try. You'll probably be just as pleasantly surprised as I was.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
One last book suggestion... ZOMBIE FALLOUT a series by Mark Tufo. I wouldn't have thought I would enjoy this series half as much as I did. Just the right amount of post-apocolyptic zombie gore and terror, suspense, and a touch of humor in the lovable goof of a hero, Mike Talbot. I have heard rumors of a movie in the works - can't wait!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I tried that a couple of times chopdoc and couldn't get it to work for me. If you could pass on your recipe I would love to try it again :)
Very simple recipe, %7 Cin Swirl Cookie, 4% Bav Cream. Gave it 2 hours in the UC and vaped away

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Love Kim Harrison, was absolutely bereft when she decided to end the series. :( Love Eve Dallas too -- do you ever watch Rizzoli & Isles? Those are from the Tess Gerritsen novels, but Angie Harmon's Rizzoli, to me, seems to nearly exemplify Eve Dallas, completely UNgirly!

Andria
Man, I *love* Rizzoli and Isles! Didn't know there were books.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Man, I *love* Rizzoli and Isles! Didn't know there were books.
I have the biggest crush on Sasha Alexander but have not been able to sit through a whole episode once. There is just something about the writing I can't stand. I just keep watching old reruns of NCIS instead. ;)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Any Wompers watching a baseball game tonight? I'm watching Pirates vs. Twins right now enjoying some VapeWild Peachê Guavara in my old Lemo I found laying around.
I'm actually watching the Yankees Rangers game. Started watching right after cooking dinner and saw the Rangers score 5 in the bottom of the first. Who knew that the Yankees would score 11 in the top of the second. The Rangers now has a position player pitching and the Yankees are leading 21 to 5.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Wanna say I bought that album and Rush Moving Pictures album on the same day in a record store. Now they dont have albums or record stores any more :(
Sure they do! There's plenty around So Cal! I buy more vinyl now than I ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread