Hana DNA 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
I think it's all a matter of perspective. If you're used to IPVs and such these DNA200 mods all seem fairly small. If you're used to Vaporsharks then everything else seems big.

Per Vaporshark their new mod will be a little taller and a little deeper than an rDNA. A few mm can make a huge difference in the feel of this size mod. I'm guessing theirs will end up a very similar size to the Hana.

I own rDNAs, a V4s, and the Opus 200. I'm waiting to see the dimensions of the Shark and the design of the production Hana before deciding which will be my next DNA200. Or maybe the hcigar VT200.

Aren't these choices great. There are no bad DNA200 mods. The only bad thing is if you don't have one!

Reactions: Dobo

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
They posted this picture in the DNA 200 forum for a size comparison.
(https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/dna-200-watt.680148/page-136)
Vapor flask, evolv beta (3d print), v200, vaporshark dna40 (non-user serviceable, 30ml juice, subtank mini

HM DNA200 size.jpg

Reactions: alistairs

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I replaced my display and it's up and running at 100% again. I was still using it with the blank display yesterday.

2015-08-02%2021.15.17_zpsr3nwcqhg.jpg

I didn't change the JST connector though.

So was it a bad display or build related?

EDIT: Saw in the Early Adopters Forum that it was a pinched ribbon cable. Nice pictures by the way. Glad you got it going.

Last edited:
Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
So was it a bad display or build related?

EDIT: Saw in the Early Adopters Forum that it was a pinched ribbon cable. Nice pictures by the way. Glad you got it going.

Yeah, it was a pinched display ribbon so build related. I didn't want to post all the gory pics here but I can't believe they're still using glue to hold the screen in place. They have a really nicely milled slot for the display.

Not 15 mins after I fixed mine, John offered to trade any defective mod with an Evolv Beta mod since it wasn't fair guys were sending in their defective mods and being w/o a DNA200 mod for a week or more. How awesome is that?

Reactions: Dobo

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yeah, it was a pinched display ribbon so build related. I didn't want to post all the gory pics here but I can't believe they're still using glue to hold the screen in place. They have a really nicely milled slot for the display.

Not 15 mins after I fixed mine, John offered to trade any defective mod with an Evolv Beta mod since it wasn't fair guys were sending in their defective mods and being w/o a DNA200 mod for a week or more. How awesome is that?

KTM,

How do I contact John? Mine went belly up five minutes after coming out of the box.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I posted on the EA forums and pm'd him there. He just asked for my address and overnighted a new DNA200 board with a return label.

Overnighted - now that is what I call service.

I did manage to find the post about the swap and I did PM him. Sure hope I am as luck as you were.

He seemed to be really interested in getting Hana V200s and that is what mine is... so maybe.

Thanks for the reply KTM I do appreciate it.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I don't think he checks his PM's very carefully. My first one went unanswered but when I posted in the thread, he was on it like white on rice :D.

Thanks KTM,

I put up a post in the "Swap Ya" thread. I am sitting here on pins and needles trying to decide whether to wait for a reply from "John" or just contact Hana. Oh - the complexity of it all. ;)

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Thanks KTM,

I put up a post in the "Swap Ya" thread. I am sitting here on pins and needles trying to decide whether to wait for a reply from "John" or just contact Hana. Oh - the complexity of it all. ;)
I got a response from Hana. "Please confirm your mod isn't in stealth mode."

:lol:

I kinda like the Hana enclosure over the beta enclosure. Why can't I have both??? :cry:

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I got a response from Hana. "Please confirm your mod isn't in stealth mode."

:lol:

I kinda like the Hana enclosure over the beta enclosure. Why can't I have both??? :cry:

I saw that John was on line for a bit but no reply here. Ouch!

"Why can't you have both" - I don't know KTM sounds reasonable to me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: KTMRider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread