GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #112...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
My thought was that I needed to switch things around a bit. My HOPE was that the family would post pics of themselves and their 'real' family because I'm truly interested in how my Tree Fam looks.

I've always been a visual person and that's how my brain works. For example, if I'm looking for a particular thing, I scan for what it looks like. If the color is different than what I visualize, I will only find it by luck. If it turned over (like my TV remote which is black on one side and white on the other), I have to turn over the image in my mind in order to find it.

ANYWAY, I'm enjoying the twist and the pictures of "The Family". Here is my first (and only) grandchild, Jude :

First Birthday.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
SmileySummertree.gif
Well - "MoringNite" - "Tree People" . . .

cute-yellow-sun-laughing.gif
. . . Start of a NEW DAY . . .
nTE7B9q8c.gif

Time for - COFFEE
proxy.php

YES - COFFEE - TIME . . .
coffee-drinker-smiley-emoticon.gif

I ain't got nothin' to add to the conversation yet . . .:(

So - Guess it is time to check out some of the other ECF neighborhoods . . .
putersmile1.gif

See You Later . . .

bone_wave_animation.gif

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
10/4 #1
Good morning, Treefam.

GMO, I understand the urge to see what the rest of us are like (we've seen pictures of you, after all), but I have long limited exposure of images of myself and those I love to the open web. This is done for privacy reasons. If I were sharing just with the Treefam, I would have fewer qualms, but since ECF updated its software specifically to be more "searchable," I will refrain from posting any pics of people here. Further, I don't make it a habit to photograph my favorite trees... but I am fortunate that others have included some favorite trees in their photos that are on the web. I will use these, if I may.

la_jolla_scenic_photos_april_17_2004%20102resize-logo-small.JPG

I've posted this one before from several angles. This angle looks toward my one of my favorite surfing spots (over the rail and down the cliff to the rocky beach below!). When surfing the north reef, the palm tree serves as a good visual marker to maintain position for catching waves. The dragon tree is just awesome.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
since ECF updated its software specifically to be more "searchable," I will refrain from posting any pics of people here.

Very Good Point . . .AND - Just one of the reasons I refrain from posting certain information/photos that many are willing to freely share across social media . . .

AS Such - For those who are just as concerned - I would suggest for those who wish to post pictures of themselves or family should really make sure there are no hidden identifiers within the photos . . . It is "My" understanding that usually digital Photos have the date/time/location attached to the photo . . .

Also - When posting any personal photos, they should be link to an outside resource, especially so they can be deleted from post at a later date . . . As an example, I have a free Photobucket account (BTW: Where "You" can also edit/resize the photo ;)) that I upload pictures into a "Private Album" and then can post here on ECF with the link provided to that photo . . . Then after a while all I have to do is go back to Photobucket and either delete the photo or move to another "Photo album" for it to be removed from ECF . . . See example below:

Old ECF Profile Picture

58f16e8a-216e-416c-9f17-e129fc1f9be6_zpsdg55u8g5.jpg

Same Photo Removed via Photobucket
(Well - Should be gone within 24 hours :facepalm: )

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Very Good Point . . .AND - Just one of the reasons I refrain from posting certain information/photos that many are willing to freely share across social media . . .

AS Such - For those who are just as concerned - I would suggest for those who wish to post pictures of themselves or family should really make sure there are no hidden identifiers within the photos . . . It is "My" understanding that usually digital Photos have the date/time/location attached to the photo . . .

Also - When posting any personal photos, they should be link to an outside resource, especially so they can be deleted from post at a later date . . . As an example, I have a free Photobucket account (BTW: Where "You" can also edit/resize the photo ;)) that I upload pictures into a "Private Album" and then can post here on ECF with the link provided to that photo . . . Then after a while all I have to do is go back to Photobucket and either delete the photo or move to another "Photo album" for it to be removed from ECF . . . See example below:

Old ECF Profile Picture

(Well - Should be within 24 hours :facepalm: )

Handsome, and sexy. ..... dang
ECF rules will not let me post the truth. Get out there Uncle

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
10/4*2
10/4 #2

He was concentrating on a video game. That's his I'm not posing for the camera, go away, can't you see I'm busy look!

:tumble:
I am familiar with that look...the barbeque sauce covered munchkin in my last post is now old enough to get that look...you should have seen my face when he asked me to mail my tablet home so he could play on it lol

received_491153484372604.jpeg

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
10/4
1. Happy Sunday Treefam...it's my bf's birthday today, but we are just spending a quiet day at home celebrating, just the way he likes it! :)

Tiggs, beautiful girls you have there! I know you miss them, but like Robin said, give them time. They will figure it out in time and come back to you. Just be there when they are ready.

Here's a pic of my twins from their senior year in high school a couple of years ago.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
10/4*3
@tiggerrts and @angelphyre great pics of your kids! very beautiful/handsome!!

My thought was that I needed to switch things around a bit. My HOPE was that the family would post pics of themselves and their 'real' family because I'm truly interested in how my Tree Fam looks.

I've always been a visual person and that's how my brain works. For example, if I'm looking for a particular thing, I scan for what it looks like. If the color is different than what I visualize, I will only find it by luck. If it turned over (like my TV remote which is black on one side and white on the other), I have to turn over the image in my mind in order to find it.

ANYWAY, I'm enjoying the twist and the pictures of "The Family". Here is my first (and only) grandchild, Jude :

View attachment 495811
so adorable!! I love it when they have their messy faces on!! that's why I had to post mr BBQ sauce (by the end of that day EVERYONE has messy faces)

Old ECF Profile Picture

(Well - Should be within 24 hours :facepalm: )

good point uncle, I need to get more pictures moved to my photobucket!! BTW thank you for posting your picture, Ive often wondered what the infamous uncle looked like!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
10/4 #2
10/4 #1

Good Mornin' / G'Night Tree Fam!

@tiggerrts - Wow, so many beauties!

I must agree Tigg.....that is one beautiful photo of some very pretty girls...........
I too have one that I will post when I find it.....I may take more like it but not sure when....
vil-automn2.gif

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
10/4 #4
10/4
1. Happy Sunday Treefam...it's my bf's birthday today, but we are just spending a quiet day at home celebrating, just the way he likes it! :)

Tiggs, beautiful girls you have there! I know you miss them, but like Robin said, give them time. They will figure it out in time and come back to you. Just be there when they are ready.

Here's a pic of my twins from their senior year in high school a couple of years ago.

What handsome young men!

:bday: Angel's BF!

Okay, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Copy2.jpg

A pic of me! :lol:

Sluglandia is calling. Have a terrific day, everyone!

Catch y'all later...

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread