Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Nice mod & topper there! If that's the sub-tank or sub-tank mini, I've seen lots of raving about them. But, dang! That's like getting a bike for Christmas when there's 3 ft of snow on the ground.

It's good that you're hating the stinkies. It'll be that much easier to drop 'em like a hot potato when your juice arrives. Hang in there Chak! Hugs!!!

Thanks, it's the subtank mini. Here I am waiting for spring... LOL

Sweet setup! I hope you get some juice soon, I know having to use the analogs sucks, but I promise they won't win. My prayers are with you!

Sent from my  ☏
Thanks, I did it once, I can do it again. For longer this time not just 11 months.

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks, it's the subtank mini. Here I am waiting for spring... LOL

Then I'm glad your "spring" will get there before March 21! There were a lot of people on the IPV D2 thread who love the STM (as they called it). The D2 can do temp control, and it sounds like the STM is a lot better than Aspire's tanks or coils, at least for TC. I don't plan to venture into Ni or Ti builds, but it was interesting reading about it.

I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like the tank especially. Seems it's easier to do rebuilding if you decide to than the old Kanger coils were!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
we need to come up with a new ohm level gauge thingy instead of ohm and sub ohm we can use the preexisting levels of ummmm
the atmosphere

hi ohm coils then to medium ohm then to sorta sub ohm and then hard sub ohm in this order
thermohm
mesohm
stratohm
tropohm

:)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
we need to come up with a new ohm level gauge thingy instead of ohm and sub ohm we can use the preexisting levels of ummmm
the atmosphere

hi ohm coils then to medium ohm then to sorta sub ohm and then hard sub ohm in this order
thermohm
mesohm
stratohm
tropohm

:)

Does .8 - .9 qualify for stratohm? I think so. I like! Sounds like Sci-Fi and rock (Stratocaster). :thumb:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Then I'm glad your "spring" will get there before March 21! There were a lot of people on the IPV D2 thread who love the STM (as they called it). The D2 can do temp control, and it sounds like the STM is a lot better than Aspire's tanks or coils, at least for TC. I don't plan to venture into Ni or Ti builds, but it was interesting reading about it.

I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like the tank especially. Seems it's easier to do rebuilding if you decide to than the old Kanger coils were!
Yeah, I heard a lot of peeps liked the mini better than the regular. I don't see where TC is any better than variable voyage or wattage. Seems like more trouble building coil than it's worth. That's why I didn't even look into the TC mods, though some look pretty sharp.

I'll be reviewing it at least here as soon as I can. I watched a video or two about rebuilding those factory made coils and it's pretty much the same procedure as the old protank coils, but it looks like there's more room to work with in there. The old coils were such a pain to work with to make sure it didn't touch the sides anywhere and the legs had to be trimmed and tucked under the rubber gasket to avoid shorts. It looks like coil technology took two steps forward (to the KayFun) and one step back (to factory made).

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

The ribs or the bones ? Might have some competition for the bones...
IMG_20131107_180120_zpserviqcmn.jpg

Christmas_zpsbnzhwye6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread