Official ProVari Radius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
LOL - wait what are we talking about. :banana:

I have been wondering all the time why the battery is part of the package. And then about the 40 seconds for replacement.

Maybe we need a crowbar for the task :p

In this case, of course, 35 seconds is not bad!

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I can do it in 35 seconds.

See, I'm slow. I do most anything important slowly, and with great forethought. My lovely wife says I am very ...., and everything must be done in a certain order, and it's not done until it's completely done.

meleemark

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2015
Toronto
@Vape360

Just a idea, but even with the ghostwhite manufacturing delay, you guys should still offer it up for pre-order on Tuesday and just mark it as "shipping in 4 weeks (or whenever)."

Allows us absentminded peeps to order, forget that we have anything coming and then be pleasantly surprised when it shows up......

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
Good question.

We have simplified the menu since the extra button can take on functions.

Holding the two small buttons for three seconds will lock the set wattage.

Holding all three buttons down for three seconds, has the following functions:

Cleans your place
Makes you dinner
Mows the lawn
And finally, toggles the power on/off

:banana:

Wait..........I still have to wash the car myself???:cry:

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I have been wondering all the time why the battery is part of the package.

Because, like my repeated suggestion to ProVape (not that I was the reason for their decision), it guarantees you'll get an authentic battery that is capable of handling the current that 40W will require throughout the battery's charge cycle, within ProVape's safety margin. It also limits their liability in the event something bad happens, if you're not using the battery they provided and recommend. It relieves you the burden of finding a battery that meets their specs, and your responsibility to research to know how to tell an authentic from a fake. It also adds convenience, especially for those who have been using 18350's or 18490/500's and don't have any 18650's.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Because, like my repeated suggestion to ProVape (not that I was the reason for their decision), it guarantees you'll get an authentic battery that is capable of handling the current that 40W will require throughout the battery's charge cycle, within ProVape's safety margin. It also limits their liability in the event something bad happens, if you're not using the battery they provided and recommend. It relieves you the burden of finding a battery that meets their specs, and your responsibility to research to know how to tell an authentic from a fake. It also adds convenience, especially for those who have been using 18350's or 18490/500's and don't have any 18650's.

Yes John, all this is perfectly sensible, of course. But as far as I know, Provape does not do this, except for the beginners' kit? This is why I was wondering why they should do it with Radius and together with Vape360's 35-40 seconds "loading time" ... I was/am just puzzled :)

(plus the mysterious remark "wait what are we talking about" ) :2cool:

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Yes John, all this is perfectly sensible, of course. But as far as I know, Provape does not do this, except for the beginners' kit? This is why I was wondering why they should do it with Radius and together with Vape360's 35-40 seconds "loading time" ... I was/am just puzzled :)

IMHO, ProVape are 'stepping out of their comfort zone' by doubling the power of the P3, and they want to make sure it's done properly of course. Seems to me the battery isn't meant to be removed, but constantly charged from the USB port. At 800mA charge rate, it won't take much to keep a reasonable charge all day, even at 40W. But, if you have to remove it, it won't be such a big deal. I bet most everyone will never change the battery, and will just plug it into a USB charger between vaping sessions.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
See, I'm slow. I do most anything important slowly, and with great forethought. My lovely wife says I am very ...., and everything must be done in a certain order, and it's not done until it's completely done.

Keeping with the theme... ahem.

Off to the store - yep got screen cleaning towels on the list for sure !

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Some great thoughts on the battery and related issues. If I remember correctly ? the Mothership said to power off the Radius you press all three buttons at the same time. So perhaps, they install the battery and test fire as the final QC step. Then they power off the device and ship it powered off with the battery already installed?

Open vape mail
Install topper
Press all three buttons at the same time

BINGO!

Just a guess

:)

Edited for clarity

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah...not a big fan of USB charging.

Got a cell phone? :p

Seriously though, with most people in the P3 thread saying they can get at least a day out of an 18490, or more from an 18650, charging the Radius overnight isn't really an issue. Those of us who would use 40W might have to plug it in twice a day to top it off. I have an SXmini that I use anywhere from 30W to 60W, and I have never taken the battery out (and it only charges at 500mA). I recently posted on the SX thread about a display bug that happens when the Joule counter flips 1,000,000. When you remove the battery, the counter zero's. So, a 40W Radius will likely last me all day, at 40W. Everyone else should be just fine at at a lower wattage, just charging overnight.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
There IS still some mystery surrounding the TWO wheels on the bottom...
Mayhap:
- they're self-winding gears. Like those old mechanical watches, the Radius charges itself up just from being lifted up and put down and lifted up and put down
or
- one gets you at the battery, the other gets you at the atomic power pellet, which takes care of 99% of the device's energy needs, allowing the actual battery to have an approximate run-time of 27 years.
or
- 2 words: built-in wireless charging. Ok that's three words. Or 4 words, but two of them are connected with a hyphen, so it's kind of 3-4 words.

:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread