Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
@Uncle Hubby was considering the name Jax which, coincidently, his daddy's name is Cracker Jax, so Hubby may have hit the mark.

I often let them name themselves. Pony Baloney is one of my goofier names for a critter but it seems to be sticking.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I thought Pony Baloney was just a nickname. Didn't you name him Gizmo?

The name he came with is Glitch. An impossibly difficult name to pronounce on a regular basis.

Roadie real name was Middle-of-the-Road Dog because you find the darnedest things in the middle of the road.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
UPDATE:

First of all, Hi Volties !!!!!

Now for the update. I spoke (texted) a bit with Maria M. (Alex/Liscab's fiance) this morning, on Facebook. She is hurting, she misses him terribly, but she's hanging in there. She posted a message to him, on his Facebook wall, this morning.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Hey Lizzie! Nice baby dog!!! :D I love dogs.

No names, give him a serial number instead like 0470834307 :D:D

Ha-ha! I laughed at that. But it made me remember the summer I spent on a dairy farm when I was 12. All the cows had names but one. She was 34864, her registration number on her ear tag. Why didn't she get a name, too, like Brenda and Honey Bee, and the others? I don't know. I guess the farmer ran out of ideas.

And isn't it weird, when I sometimes can't remember important current numbers like my zip code that I remember that cow's name/number?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Problem is a leaf blower big enough to blow the mounds we have would kill the Power Wheels.

I tried a blower, and do use it for around the fences and to clean the gutters, but in terms of doing an acre it just can't do the job. My neighbor has a big, backpack style Stihl, and even that can't move what we've got around here.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
It's been a little cold here, 20's at night and 40's during the day but it did get to 53 this afternoon. It's supposed to warm up again into the 60' by Thursday and again Friday, but back down again into the 40's on Saturday. It's that time of year, the cold weather will win out. They had some lake effect snow up in extreme northwest Jersey the other night, but no signs of snow down here in the southern climes.

Do you get a lot of freezing temps and snow in Thessaloniki, Tritium?

I did consider one of those walk behind style blowers, far more powerful. That would clear them off but leave me with piles I need to pick up and do something with. I tried bagging them one year and ended up with almost 100 bags, 70 gallon bags and stuffed pretty tight, of leaves, upset sanitation men and a sore back. I did put a new set of blades in the mower and it made a significant difference, plus they get pretty chopped up and mulched which reduces the volume quite a bit.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
We are in the North it's colder than most big cities but not that much, last year was too warm.
I live on the city edge and we are higher so we get more cold from the mountains around.

Maybe you should make a pit and throw them in, more compost for the garden.
Or give up and blow them up with explosives :D

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I like the explosives idea, nothing beats a good bang, LOL! I keep then in a wire fence "pen" and every now and then rake the pile around so they decompose more evenly and quickly. I do use it for fill in low spots and mulch in the garden so I get something back for all the work and gas for the tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread