Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Sounds like Bo, Ducky. When I vacuum he wants to lay wherever I'm going to vacuum, and he takes up lot of floor!
Haha! Thats funny! I guarantee he takes up alot of room! Ram used to lay in the way when I vacuumed, swept, and mopped....and he would not move!

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Well my little Bruno is a bed hog.... We have a full size bed and two adults and a dog is pushing the limits. :p I'm having a difficult time trying to sleep because Bruno is a snuggler. :sleep: While its sweet, I'm a flopper/ tosser-turner. I can't keep still when I sleep and its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. :sneaky: I've literally pushed Bruno off the bed sometimes just to get my self comfy. :facepalm:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    First . . .
    dont-worry-be-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

THANKS EVERYONE - I appreciate the words of encouragement & support . . .
    boy-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

NOW - Although, I am not experiencing anything near what our @rave and "Mrs. Wuzz" is going through at the moment - I'm still around, however I'm just being a . . .
    sign41.gif

As for not posting as much - honestly I am not feeling it (Physically, mentally, & emotionally - yet) & I really am not up to par yet either . . . Just plan tired most of the time . . .AND - Even though I am being allowed to go through "Cardiac Rehab" for the past couple of weeks - it has been extremely limited . . . Also I had a couple of X-Rays done this past month and they found that I have "fluid" in one of "My" lungs that NEEDS to be dealt with too . . . So all in all - I'm alright . . .​

"My" Body
    happy-pillow-fight-games-smiley-emoticon.gif
    "My" Emotions

My dear @Uncle

The fluid in one of your lungs is worrisome. However, at least your docs are top of it. Pleeeease feel better soon! The younguns went through the items that you sent and were like kids at Christmas!! They are so excited! They asked me to give you a HUGE thank you and a hug. They are not financially capable of throwing money at vaping gear and these items solved many problems for them. They :wub: the vape stand with the drawer. It is sooo very appreciated. Thank you, my friend. From the bottom (and the top) of my heart. You're the best. Wish I could give you a huge (((HUG)))

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Just speed read back a few and grabbed these two quotes but to all the rest of you who have offered up prayer on our behalf, a heartfelt thank you. I had to get out of bed and ride the pain train and I'm waiting for my Tramadol to kick in so I can get back to sleep. My Bride has been on immunotherapy for a few months now and the first scan showed her tumor as being worse as well as starting to show signs of another spot. She had another scan last Friday which we will get the full results of next Monday on infusion day. We did get some encouraging news today though. She had a follow up visit with the Radiation Oncologist and he had read the report. He said it showed it as not having progressed since the first scan after starting the new treatment but he had not seen the scan itself. He can't do any more radiation without paralyzing her so I'm not even sure why we have to keep going back there but at least we did get that ray of hope to hold on to until next Monday.

@rave , hope they get your pain under control and fix what's causing it soon. About three nights a week mine runs me out of bed but isn't anywhere near what you're going through and I make it through most days without any medication.

@Uncle , Know what you mean about not feeling like posting much but it's always a relief to see you. Glad you're on the road to recovery my old friend.

I do hope that you get good news on Monday. Please know that you and Mrs. Wuzz are in my thoughts. Still can't read the word "Tramadol" without shuddering. Amazing that something that darn near killed me is so beneficial to you! Hang in there, Wuzz. (((HUGS)))

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Hello, old friends.

I've missed you all. I answered a CASAA vape survey today, and it made me a little "homesick," so to speak. So, I came to see the ol' homestead.

But I see life has dealt us all some doozies, lately. My thoughts are with you all (Uncle, Rave, Wuzz... and everyone, really).

Much loves, all!
    So good to "see" you, Kia!!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Yes, I am still vaping. It's helped me a lot, to give up the tobacco cigarettes. If there is anything in my body which is actually ok, it is my heart and lungs.

I retired officially from work in December 2013 for medical reasons. Unfortunately, it took nearly 2-1/2 years and a lawyer to finalize my retirement, and my health insurance went into limbo for that time. It is the last step needed before I can return to my doctors.

I had two surgeries in 2014. I'm still recovering, but more or less feeling ok. When I returned and saw the friends' hardships here, I felt immediate kinship and care, and I very much wish everyone well again, or at least the love from my heart.

Oh Kia!! Sounds as is you've been on a rough road for a long time. :-( I sure hope that things improve from here on out.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Rave, keep on hanging in there, a solution will be found and you'll get back to your old self, plus!

Uncle, that's a lot of surgery and other problems so getting back to normal, attitude wise, will take some time as well....but you know all that already.

Wuzz, you and Mrs. Wuzz re in my thoughts way more often that you may think.

Kia, nice to see you back and I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time. Again, things will improve with time.

I didn't feel very good yesterday, legs and hips were giving me fits and ibuprophin didn't do anything to help. It was a cool, rainy, day and that sure didn't help much. Today is much the same only a little windier. I did manage to pay some bills, run them to the post orifice, do some shoping at Wally World and rebuild an RTA for Mrs. Awsum and an RTA for myself. I love how an RTA with rayon wicks can go for months before needing a rebuild.

The hi-res video camera captured another robin yesterday, this time in flight with full wing spread. Interesting to see how translucent feathers really are. The red rectangle is the detection zone in the surveillance software.

View attachment 550058

Cool shot, Awsum!! Looks like nesting material in the robin's beak?

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    I got one of my ponds cleaned today! The chickens and ducks helped ;) my white leghorn rides on the shovel while I shovel leaves, sticks, and mud...lol Then all of them are grabbing worms and other yummies while I am trying to shovel and scoop....lol

Okay. That just made me smile big time. Such a visual! Thank you. :)

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    I dunno that Bo's bigger than a horse. The difference is that he lives INSIDE with us. I call him our traffic hazard.

That sounds familiar. I used to call Lexi a "speed bump". She was massive. And, always managed to be wherever I wanted to walk. Of course.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Welllll ... here's my update: I went to see my doctor and all of those tests for infection came up negative. He said that he's never seen an MRI like mine and is baffled. As a last ditch effort, he ordered a three phase bone scan for me, which I had yesterday. It was sort of an all day procedure. They had to take a full scan before they did anything and then they shot me up with radioactive material and took another full scan. After that, they sent me away for three hours with orders to drink tons of water. I took my daughter out to lunch to kill time. She deserves it for all of the chauffeuring that she's done this week. Four trips to Indianapolis in one week! When we got back to the hospital, they did a final scan. This one took much longer. For parts of the scan I could see a screen that showed the radioactive bits glowing in my system. After the test was done, I told the tech that I saw a big blob that was sparkling like a psychopathic Christmas tree. He grinned and said "Wellll ... that would be your bladder". LOL

The test results should be available on Monday. My doc says that if they can't find any infection, then it just about has to be an MS thing. It will be time to take things up with my neurologist. I really didn't want to hear that. It means that what looks like infection all along my spine is actually MS damage. That scares the heck outta me.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Holy cow, RAven, definitely take this up with your neurologist. I hope they can figure things out for you and soon.

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Duckey, I cleaned my ponds earlier this season. I have to use the word pond loosely since we have one 50 gallon and one 100 gallon plastic pond features but even though they are not pond size, we like to call them the pond. The weather sucks today so maybe I will finally put up a photo of the new water race for the back pond. I'm definitely not working outside.

The weather for the horse drive looks pretty dicey for tomorrow. Don't know if we will do it. The wind is supposed to be doing 30mph tomorrow morning.

I am so excited. We got our first hummingbird yesterday. Good thing I had the hummingbird feeders sitting on the counter to get washed.

So, I am supposed to be saving up for a roof but....I couldn't resist a couple of plants this year. I got two clematis, one hops vine, a couple of tomato plants and a package of Wave petunias sitting in a tub and going in and out of the house every morning and evening.

I ordered 5 honey locust and two northern catalpa trees. Small and cheap but I can't figure out if they have shipped them or not. I may have to call them.

High Country Gardens is claiming that desert willows will grow in my area so I ordered 4 different colors. I have a feeling I will have to mulch and they will die back in a cold winter but they are claiming they will be small trees. We shall see. They have the most beautiful flowers and the hummers love them. In addition I got one agastache and one pine leaf penstemon.

Considering that I am a gardening-aholic, I didn't go too overboard.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Hello, old friends.

I've missed you all. I answered a CASAA vape survey today, and it made me a little "homesick," so to speak. So, I came to see the ol' homestead.

But I see life has dealt us all some doozies, lately. My thoughts are with you all (Uncle, Rave, Wuzz... and everyone, really).

Much loves, all!

bf-welcomeback.gif

When I returned and saw the friends' hardships here, I felt immediate kinship and care, and I very much wish everyone well again, or at least the love from my heart.

YEA - All of "Voltville" seems to be getting much older and going to the birds . . .

getting+old+-+joke+-feeding+the+birds.gif

Just check out all the post about & pictures of the birds everyone has in their yards . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will look into Gaviscon!

AND - Might I suggest "Nexium" (the other meds mentioned never worked for "Me"), however most of these over the counter meds are only half the dosage of a prescription you might get from a doctor . . . YMMV . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

I sometimes wonder if the acid reflux is what was causing my chest wall pains last year (right before my side started hurting)

PLEASE Be Careful, especially since that is what I thought for the past few years and as "You" know it has turned out to be something else . . . Just a thought . . . :facepalm:

The fluid in one of your lungs is worrisome.

"WORRISOME" - That's an understatement . . .
    4-headspin.gif

However - Until I know what is actually the cause I'm just . . .
    impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

AND - Gonna Be . . .

upside_down_swinging_by_foot_anim_md_wm_v2.gif
    (BTW: Really hope it is not that . . . :facepalm: )

(((HUG)))

Accepted . . .

put_on_a_happy_face_md_wm_v2.gif

is actually MS damage.

NOT NICE ! ! !
    figure_give_thumbs_down_anim_md_wm.gif

That scares the heck outta me.

"YOU" ? ? ?
    scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sending extra special . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    Lizzie, WiseGuy only has 35 pounds on Bo. One of our neighbors has horses and Bo is always curious/skittish when they're out in their pasture and we walk by. He goes over and sniffs but keeps a "careful" distance. I do wonder how he'd react with a horse the size of WiseGuy.

Uncle and Ducky, I always worry about Nexium and Prilosec type solutions. There have been some recent reports about side effects, long term usage, which makes me wonder about them. Gaviscon is an instant "neutralizer" rather than stopping acid production. An old school solution but relatively side effect free. Whatever works for you is the best solution though.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Okay. That just made me smile big time. Such a visual! Thank you. :)
    Im glad it made you smile :) its pretty funny, and I just let her do it....because I enjoy watching her ride on the shovel! The first time she did it to my Husband.....he said my name like I was in trouble....lol....he said there was no way he could shovel with a chicken riding on the handle! Haha I will try to get a picture of it next time. She used to do it every time I used the shovel when she was younger, and before her sister (I used to call them twins) died they both would ride on the shovel together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread