Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
The AC just went out on the Jeep. It happened suddenly so something is leaking or gave out. I don't have the hi/lo gauges to test myself. I'll just look for something obvious like a belt, clutch, leak or something and if I don't see anything I will taker er in.

Same thing happened on my 4runner a couple of years ago. Turned out it was some electronic part (a relay I think) that crapped out, so it was a cheap fix.

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Same thing happened on my 4runner a couple of years ago. Turned out it was some electronic part (a relay I think) that crapped out, so it was a cheap fix.

Yeah relay switches go all the time, very cheap to fix if you know what you're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Hey BK, since you just got done messing with your A/C. Is it possible the clutch stays engaged on the compressor whether the AC is turned on or not?

possible... the relay that engages the clutch could be welded shut.... its rare but it happens. If you have access to the plug assy that attaches to the clutch, undo it and see if the clutch still spins as the engine is running ( turn off engine when undoing the plug)... if it does, then the clutch is damaged ( fuzed plates) very rare...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Well I got home safely. My aunt is still alive. She's had no food or water or IV fluids or oxygen since Friday afternoon. Drs keep saying she has a few hours but she's still hanging on. Completely unresponsive at this point though, so I'm very grateful i got there when i did.

@76bridget glad you like the little Pico! It's nothing fancy but it does the job and it's wonderfully tiny.

I'm sorry to hear this.. :(

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
So, was not here for a few days and am not caught up yet.

Hubby and I totally enjoyed the eclipse and I got some photos. I didn't have the right filter so I used my eclipse glasses as a lens filter.. lol.. but oddly some came out fairly well anyway. He told me as we were sitting at the top of the mountain in our lawn chairs with eclipse glasses on, that we are indeed geeks.. hahaha.. :) I figure I don't mind being a geek.

Hopefully I can say this here without being seen as unfaithful BUT... won a little contest on the forum and got it in the mail yesterday. (Yea for vape mail! Lol) It's an X-Mini by iKarno.. never heard if it before myself, but it's this tiny little integrated battery 50 watt tc mod (6-50 watt).. and it's actually pretty cool so far.. It's four fingers high, so it's weird to hold in comparison to my provari, but I kinda like it so far. Haven't tried tc yet, as I have no wire that's not kanthal. Gonna have to buy some now just to give tc a shot!

Is Robin back from her visit? I have read a couple pages back so far and don't see a post from her.. I hope she's okay and having fun.

Good Morning Army! Hope everyone is well!

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You get tired of gourmet food just like everything else when it's your job to cook it . My favorite is anything I didn't have to cook myself , especially a good steak or hamburger with a cold beer to wash it down with , won't turn my nose up at a good pork chop or roast neither . And BK is quite capable of seasoning and grilling a dam good steak , believe it or not . :) Thanks for the birthday wishes Papaw !

I'm sorry for missing your birthday, so happy belated birthday to you!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Hubby and I totally enjoyed the eclipse and I got some photos. I didn't have the right filter so I used my eclipse glasses as a lens filter.. lol.. but oddly some came out fairly well anyway. He told me as we were sitting at the top of the mountain in our lawn chairs with eclipse glasses on, that we are indeed geeks.. hahaha.. :) I figure I don't mind being a geek.

I won a little contest on the forum and got it in the mail yesterday. (Yea for vape mail! Lol) It's an X-Mini by iKarno.. never heard if it before myself, but it's this tiny little integrated battery 50 watt tc mod (6-50 watt).. and it's actually pretty cool so far.. It's four fingers high, so it's weird to hold in comparison to my provari, but I kinda like it so far. Haven't tried tc yet, as I have no wire that's not kanthal. Gonna have to buy some now just to give tc a shot!

Is Robin back from her visit? I have read a couple pages back so far and don't see a post from her.. I hope she's okay and having fun.

YAY on vape win!!

Still in Michigan and still have my sanity. LOL!

Good morning Army. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
possible... the relay that engages the clutch could be welded shut.... its rare but it happens. If you have access to the plug assy that attaches to the clutch, undo it and see if the clutch still spins as the engine is running ( turn off engine when undoing the plug)... if it does, then the clutch is damaged ( fuzed plates) very rare...
Good idea. Only problem is my compressor is REALLY buried. Shrouding covers up the bottom and that shrouding goes way up in the engine compartment. Can't get to it from the top cuz the power steering pump, alternator and idler pulley is in the way. I can barely see the compressor from any angle. Can't even be sure if the clutch is working or not. I think it either works or it wants to work because you can hear some baritone noise when turning the AC on. Goes off when the AC is turned off. I believe compressors shut down when refrigerant is too low. I'm gonna buy some of that AC Pro and give it a charge and see what happens. Decent chance that is all it needs. I might be able to see the compressor if I take out the wheel well shrouding. Thanks, BK.

Hopefully I can say this here without being seen as unfaithful BUT... won a little contest on the forum and got it in the mail yesterday. (Yea for vape mail! Lol) It's an X-Mini by iKarno.. never heard if it before myself, but it's this tiny little integrated battery 50 watt tc mod (6-50 watt).. and it's actually pretty cool so far.. It's four fingers high, so it's weird to hold in comparison to my provari, but I kinda like it so far. Haven't tried tc yet, as I have no wire that's not kanthal. Gonna have to buy some now just to give tc a shot!

Nuttin wrong with being a geek. :)

Let me know if you need help with your TC. I'd go with 26 gauge 316L stainless.

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
@ Bronze when you buy the AC refrigerant make sure you buy one that has a hookup that fits any adapter. Also get one with a built in gauge as that will test the pressure, then you'll know if the clutch is engaged.

Edit: I think the newer AC cans might have dye in them as well (green or yellow) to make sure there's no leaks.
Maybe if you get a telescoping mirror once you pump in the refrigerant you'll be able to see the AC compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread