Ẁhere to get combustible tobacco cigarettes with no nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The demonization of smokers started very innocuously

First came smoking sections. Then bars had to install smoke eaters. Then they made us move to the outside. Then they made us move away from doors and entrances. Pretty soon we were relegated to areas behind the buildings so we wouldn't be seen.

Then they said we couldn't smoke outside in public parks
Our outside smoking became very limited.
Then they said we couldn't smoke in rentals or condos (California and I'm sure elsewhere). Now they are saying we cannot smoke in our cars in parking lots. Granted those are on private property but really? How is that affecting anyone's health expect for the person that supposedly lives in the land of the free?

I could go on and on regarding how smokers are vilified and have been for years.

Smokers are the only group that people are encouraged to vilify and bully. Even addicts get more sympathy than a smoker.

Ugh! Stepping off soap box.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I actually meant on this thread. :)

If you're talking about society in general I wholeheartedly agree with you. Limiting areas is a great way to put a stranglehold on smoking generally, and it started quite some time ago, with ever increasing restrictions and we either go along with it, or live with the consequences.

CA has such a rep, I was worried I might not be able to smoke (outside) in a hotel, but I did find a few ashtrays, that was a couple years ago, though. :(

I think it depends where you live. If you overindulge in Sudafed byproducts around here, most ppl are going to not want so much to do with you.... Smoking is actually preferable in that case.

Anna

Reactions: Eskie

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch

First came smoking sections. Then bars had to install smoke eaters. Then they made us move to the outside. Then they made us move away from doors and entrances. Pretty soon we were relegated to areas behind the buildings so we wouldn't be seen.

Then they said we couldn't smoke in rentals or condos (California and I'm sure elsewhere). Now they are saying we cannot smoke in our cars in parking lots. Granted those are on private property but really? How is that affecting anyone's health expect for the person that supposedly lives in the land of the free?

I could go on and on regarding how smokers are vilified and have been for years.

Smokers are the only group that people are encouraged to vilify and bully. Even addicts get more sympathy than a smoker.

Exceptional!!, my sentiments exactly......well said !

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York

I was a smoker through all those changes, new regulations and laws but you forgot one of the worst things they did to us. Raised the tobacco taxes until eventually they cost more for a pack then I paid for a carton! Now they are trying to do the same to vaping products.

upload_2017-8-3_19-19-33.jpeg

Sign the Petition

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

This one deserves much more than just a like. :thumbs:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Right, adults can put anything in their bodies they want except for a few illegal substances. The problem is kids get involved. They don't grow out of smoking because it's so habit forming. When I was a smoker I wished that, one morning, I went out and found there was no place to buy ciigarettes any more. I wouldn't have protested, I would have celebrated. After I was a confirmed vaper I thought, how about ban rolled cigarettes, make everybody roll their own, and offer vaping as the convenient way to get nic. Now a third idea comes along, remove nearly all the nic from cigs to discourage the kids. Smoke if you like and get the nic from something else. Apparently the FDA has the authority and it's technically feasiible. I say full speed ahead.

Reactions: Eskie

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
In my opinion if they lowered the amount of nicotine in cigarettes it would be like years ago when they came out with lights and low tar cigarettes. People who smoked them inhaled deeper and smoked them further down along with smoking more. I could never smoke anything other then my Marlboro Reds in the box because even the soft packs tasted different to me. Taste is subjective you know? LOL

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
In my opinion if they lowered the amount of nicotine in cigarettes it would be like years ago when they came out with lights and low tar cigarettes. People who smoked them inhaled deeper and smoked them further down along with smoking more. I could never smoke anything other then my Marlboro Reds in the box because even the soft packs tasted different to me. Taste is subjective you know? LOL
A study cited above suggests that smokers who only have ultra low nic cigs available smoke less, not more. What if you also gave them something to vape on that makes up the nic. I was a dual user for 6 weeks. Vaping reduced my daily cigs 80% immediately. When I tried for zero cigs it was easier because I only needed 5 cigs, not 25.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
A study cited above suggests that smokers who only have ultra low nic cigs available smoke less, not more. What if you also gave them something to vape on that makes up the nic. I was a dual user for 6 weeks. Vaping reduced my daily cigs 80% immediately. When I tried for zero cigs it was easier because I only needed 5 cigs, not 25.

Forget talking about studies I am talking about Real Life experiences and what I saw personally. I smoked for almost 40 years so I don't need studies to tell me about what I witnessed for myself.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

What you describe was actually part of the foundational planning to eradicate smoking from the onset. They have been brilliantly successful because they turned the heat up ever so slowly. I rember reading somewhere here on the forum, maybe a couple years ago where somebody linked to a manifesto describing this in detail, I'll dig around the googles later and see if I have any luck finding it...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If the FDA wants to Reduce the Nicotine in Cigarettes (Or maybe more precisely, the Amount of Nicotine Absorbed by the Body when a Cigarette is Smoked), maybe a Good Place to start would be Banning the adding of Ammonia Compounds in cigarette tobacco by BT.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Just stop the lies and I think more smokers would be willing to do it on their own.

I think we can all get behind that.

Except the media, BP, BT, Congress, fda, WHO and the 3 letter agencies and "health organizations" that sent the letter to Obama.

All of whom have stake in the claims if not only on the house of cards they built for themselves, but in some cases SOOO much more.

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I was 18 and knew everything ...

Anna

My dad used to swear at 18 a person was granted infinite knowledge.

And every day after a person would lose some.

By his calculations, the day I turned 18 he'd already been a bumbling idiot for quite some time.

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
When cigarettes were cheaper and we could smoke just about everywhere, we actually smoked less. Most burned up in ashtrays. The worst of the dangerous crap comes when the filter is saturated which happens at about when half the cigarette is smoked.

With the restrictions and the taxation, we feel as if we are wasting money if we let them sit and burn. We don't have time to waste so we huff down that cigarette hoping to get another one in before going back inside.

It took 7 minutes for me to smoke a whole cigarette. I would time it so I could calculate how much time it would take me for lunch and a cig or 2 or 3.

Puttting on restrictions and raising taxes compounded the dangerousness of cigs.

Agree or not, just my observations.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Right, adults can put anything in their bodies they want except for a few illegal substances. The problem is kids get involved. They don't grow out of smoking because it's so habit forming. When I was a smoker I wished that, one morning, I went out and found there was no place to buy ciigarettes any more. I wouldn't have protested, I would have celebrated. After I was a confirmed vaper I thought, how about ban rolled cigarettes, make everybody roll their own, and offer vaping as the convenient way to get nic. Now a third idea comes along, remove nearly all the nic from cigs to discourage the kids. Smoke if you like and get the nic from something else. Apparently the FDA has the authority and it's technically feasiible. I say full speed ahead.

Let's save the kids.

Has it ever worked....for anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread