How bad can it be ? t

Status
Not open for further replies.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
After taking onboard what everybody told me about not using a 50mg nic salt with a 0.5 coil I switched to 25mg nic salt . I got some new 1.2 coils , it took 3 weeks to get from England , and I don’t like them at all, it completely changes the taste . So back to the 0.5 . So I tried cutting the liquid by 25% with PG ,and it’s ok but not wow . Then I tried mixing the 25 mg salt with 3mg freebase and again it’s ok but not wow . I have used 18 mg liquid with the 0.5 atomiser for yrs so how bad is it using the 25 mg nic salt with the 0.5 coil because that’s the one that I really like .and I don’t feel drunk I feel fine . Thanks John

Reactions: charlie1465

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    It all depends on your nicotine habit and how often you vape.

In terms of Mechanical or fixed voltage mods the resistance of the coil determines the wattage or power used and somewhat indirectly effects the amount of vapor produced. A 0.5 ohm coil will get hotter (and use more power) than a 1.2 ohm coil will.

As examples, I regularly vape 7mg juice while watching TV as I tend to vape often (almost chain vaping) and anything higher MG I'll end up getting signs of nicotine overdose. I use a medium to fairly high vapor production device.

However in the mornings I'll vape 50mg juice on a equally medium to high vapor production device. With this device and juice I need to be careful as it is fairly easy to OD on nicotine while using it.

It matters how often you like to vape. Using low MG juice is more difficult to OD on nicotine than using high MG juice.

g.

• Agree
    Reactions: charlie1465

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    There is no hard and fast rule about what mg/ml to use with a certain coil resistance. If 50mg/ml on a 0.5 ohm coil keeps you from smoking and you aren't getting nic sick from it, then by all means use that combination, but use with caution. At the first signs of nicotine overdose, dizziness, light headedness, nausea, stop vaping. If you get that every time you vape, then cut back the mg of juice. Most people vape much lower nicotine levels on sub-ohm coils, but it isn't the law.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    For me 18mg is my everyday and I can pretty much vape that as much as I like without getting NIC sick. I'm not a chain vaper though. I use a Dvarw RDTA. If I put that same juice in an RDA with a 0.2/3 coil it'll hit me much more and I need to be careful.

When I use salts I'll double the strength but I tend to use that in a much higher ohm small device....for stealth vaping. Salts will peak much more quickly and blood NIC levels will drop more quickly too so you can/need to vape a higher strength IMO. But as others have said if you vape too much of both types of NIC you can get NIC sick.

Bottom line is that only you know your tolerances :rolleyes:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    so how bad is it using the 25 mg nic salt with the 0.5 coil because that’s the one that I really like .and I don’t feel drunk I feel fine . Thanks John

If that's what you like, then have at it. If at some point you find that you start feeling sick, then reduce the nic.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Ok ,but i said I’ve stopped using 50 mg , now using 25 mg at 23 w and it’s perfect for me with the 0.5 coil , and I vape constantly, I even wake up in the night with the damned thing in my hand lol

do what works for you..

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I have used 18 mg liquid with the 0.5 atomiser for yrs so how bad is it using the 25 mg nic salt with the 0.5 coil because that’s the one that I really like .and I don’t feel drunk I feel fine . Thanks John

It's almost impossible to use a coil's resistance as a guideline for what strength juice to use. While some DL (direct lung) tanks have a 0.5ohm coil, so do some lower wattage MTL tanks.

When I was quitting smoking, I used whatever strength ejuice I needed to get me through. It's all up to personal preference, and what works the best for you to stay smoke-free.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    It's almost impossible to use a coil's resistance as a guideline for what strength juice to use. While some DL (direct lung) tanks have a 0.5ohm coil, so do some lower wattage MTL tanks.

This ^^^ is how I look at it too.

For example, at the same wattage, a 7 wrap, 2.5mm internal diameter, 0.5 ohm coil made of round Kanthal A1 will vape very similarly to a 0.27 ohm coil made of round stainless steel 316 at 2.5mm ID and 7 wraps. The Kanthal coil will heat up a little faster, but IMO it would not be a noticeable difference.

Then there are differences due to using multiple wires, mesh vs wire, other materials, and atomizer design. So there are a bunch of factors at play in this.

If you want to try to figure out a guideline for juice nicotine content, you would probably be better off using your desired wattage as a starting point and the amount of throat hit you're aiming for. Generally, the more nic you inhale per drag, the stronger the TH. With respect to TH though, salt nic is known to have less TH than regular nic for the same amount vaped, so that should factor into the equation too :)

• Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread