• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone with Fibro and Interstital Cystitis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Hi Kids, I have all the initials, FMS, CFS, IBS, PVC's, WXYZ! LOL! Diagnosed with FMS about 10 years ago after many years of doctors visits, including psychiatrists trying to figure out what was wrong. It was actually my research on the internet that brought up the possibility for discussion, up until that point, it was female hormonal hysteria, you know, just us crazy women imagining things! FINALLY found a good doc who understood fibro and he helped me reclaim some of my life back! I was also diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome shortly afterwards. Had IBS for years, not sure which came first. PVC's...premature ventricular contractions are a out of sync heartbeat rhythm abnormality that feels as if your heart stops beating an then starts up again with a thud. When it happens frequently, like every 2nd or 3rd beat, it is really disconcerting and downright scary! They're not sure if this is related to the other issues or not. I also have quite a few issues with my back...bulging disks, stenosis, scoliosis, advanced arthritis, and so on, I lost track. I'm nearly blind in one eye from cataracts, and arthritis has pretty much destroyed my hip and knee joints. Wanna party? LOL!!! Hey, but I did quit smoking! Yay?

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Hey, I know this is an older thread, but I just found this so I figgered I'd post it anyway:

Patients with vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis may be especially sensitive to propylene glycol. Women struggling with yeast infections may also notice that some OTC creams can cause intense burning.[36] Post menopausal women who require the use of an estrogen cream may notice that brand name creams made with propylene glycol often create extreme, uncomfortable burning along the vulva and perianal area. In these cases, patients can request that a local compounding pharmacy make a "propylene glycol free" cream.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Hey, I know this is an older thread, but I just found this so I figgered I'd post it anyway:

Patients with vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis may be especially sensitive to propylene glycol. Women struggling with yeast infections may also notice that some OTC creams can cause intense burning.[36] Post menopausal women who require the use of an estrogen cream may notice that brand name creams made with propylene glycol often create extreme, uncomfortable burning along the vulva and perianal area. In these cases, patients can request that a local compounding pharmacy make a "propylene glycol free" cream.
Didn't know this, thanks for noting.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Even though I was not diagnosed, I believe I had fibromyalgia when I was in my 20's. I went to the doctor, but he couldn't find anything wrong with me. I was going through an extreme amount of stress in my life. One morning, I started to get out of bed, and I couldn't get up b/c I hurt so badly I just laid there and cried. I spent a few days in bed with extreme achiness through my shoulders and hips ... needing help to get out of bed just to go to the bathroom. Soon along came IBS. I was in bed a week, out of bed for a week ... back and forth.:(

The next time I had a good day, I went to the health food store and explained my symptoms to the owner. I left that day with almost $100 worth of supplements of which the owner claimed were golden panaceas.:laugh: I can't remember what they were, but they did seem to work ... and especially on elevating my mood. Then I began to spend most of the day sitting outside in the summer sun reading and improved even more.

Lately with new medical research, I'm beginning to wonder if low vitamin D deficiency isn't a lot more serious than we believe it to be. At the time I had the beginning of fibro, I was living in rainy Oregon. The first year I moved there, I can remember it raining constantly for 3 weeks ... sometimes going down to a light rain but never stopping ... and not seeing the sun for quite a while. That further depressed me b/c I had just moved up there from beautiful, sunny coastal Santa Barbara, CA.

Oregon is the most beautiful, lush green state with so much wildlife, but I was in the worst health I've ever been in when I lived there. When I moved back to California, my health and happiness returned to vibrant.

And now that I become older each year and without medical insurance, I make sure I keep myself healthy with daily vitamins & supplements, large vita D dose, limit the meat in my diet, drink green tea or red wine and golden milk. [Golden milk is a concoction of coconut milk with turmeric, black pepper and a little high-quality cinnamon (so yummy).] I do my own juicing and make green smoothies to make sure I get my 6-8 servings of veggies and fruits in every day. So far, the symptoms of fibro have never returned. The only illness I've had in the last 10 years was appendicitis. I do not see doctors for anything that doesn't need stitching ... not even womens' health check-ups. I don't care to go in and have them blast me with radiation ... how stupid do they think I am?;)

I so sympathize with anyone with fibro, b/c I know the misery I went through and the misery one of my best friend's sister is going through now ... she had to quit work at such a young age.

If anyone is interested, here are some alternative medicine natural recommendations. Turmeric is included as a very potent anti-inflammatory recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread