Status
Not open for further replies.

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
maxresdefault.jpg

Classic example of an addict. We should make his addiction so expensive through product cost and taxes, that he will simply quit cold turkey. Well, either that or just become poorer, perhaps destitute, living on the streets, perhaps gettin freaky with the Grouch just to share his sweet garbage can. Committing untold vile acts to pay for his now crazy expensive habit, making dark back alley deals for substance available only via the black market, shunned by the propagandized lemmings....wait we are talking about cookies here...think it can't happen?....Didn't Arkansas say that PG, VG, and the nebulous 'flavorings' whether mixed or not are illegal?.........

Max

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
What about Pfizer? Didn't they just make the Nicorette Inhaler illegal? (not that it works, I mean their own test were like at 12 months placebo-10%, Nicorette 12%)

Max

Did they? I thought all that stuff was over the counter now and not regulated anymore...
There's always an exemption for FDA approved nicotine replacement therapy.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
There's always an exemption for FDA approved nicotine replacement therapy.

That's what I thought. I remember all that stuff was prescription, then it wasn't . Even nic gum, which used to be $35 is now $5 and sold on the counter by the register...

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
That's what I thought. I remember all that stuff was prescription, then it wasn't . Even nic gum, which used to be $35 is now $5 and sold on the counter by the register...
Yup, that's the new model, sold in packs similar in duration and cost to a pack of cigarettes.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yeah, it's truly pathetic; all these gov't people: "we're so stupid, we can't even balance a budget without the help of all those filthy addicts; so keep smoking, filthy addicts, out there by the dumpster where we've exiled you, you're propping up the budget that we can't manage without you killing yourselves for the "public weal."

govtreplacedbyidiots.jpg

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Phillip Morris...
Close, Reynolds, not that it really means anything other than that they're diversifying. Big Bad Tobacco is really just a Big Bad Corporation like any other, they're going to try to maximize profits any way they can. I think they're starting to see the writing on the wall for traditional cigarettes, if they put their vast resources into developing real product contenders, they might actually come up with something good.

ETA: They already have the licensing and distribution chain down to sail past regulations like this one.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Oh yes dearest Nanny. Thank you thank you thank you. Thank you for looking out for my welfare, monitoring my whereabouts and product usage, and of course for caring enough to collect additional funding for my future potential health care of this unknown product.

Oh Nanny may I please.......

Max
I wouldn't trust those Nanny cookies, Max. The people behind them say bad things about you and about your fondness of oatmeal cookies. You're better off breaking Nanny's rules to get the oatmeal cookies you deserve. And make sure to have Nanny replaced when you grow up.

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
Yeah, it's truly pathetic; all these gov't people: "we're so stupid, we can't even balance a budget without the help of all those filthy addicts; so keep smoking, filthy addicts, out there by the dumpster where we've exiled you, you're propping up the budget that we can't manage without you killing yourselves for the "public weal."

govtreplacedbyidiots.jpg

Andria

Heck fire, in my state they have ostracized, criminalized, and well, just made us (smokers) so unwelcome and over taxed, that many have gone, and many have quit, and the budget dropped like a stone. What to do? Well, of course, lets forget about all the HUGE HUGE expense over the last couple decades, the HUGE expensive built up infrastructure, and of course the crazily immense population of inmates in our jails and prisons, some on 3rd strike 25 year sentences, not too mention all those who got filthy rich within that system.
Forget all the rhetoric you've been spewing about how bad it is for the public, etc etc etc. Gosh Darnit, make the Mary Jane legal by crakety.

Not decriminalized (can't tax or charge for licensing etc and fees etc), L-E-G-A-L an Ounce in your pocket used to get you 5-10 years for being a drug pusher, now it gets you thanks from the Treasurer.

Its all, I mean all, about the Benjamins................

I guarantee you, our forefathers would have been dumping tea in the sound at just the illegal taxation of tobacco, let alone all the rights stripped by DEA, TSA, Patriot Act, and on. Wait until the TSA starts asking for ID as you traverse state to state. lol

Max

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I felt pretty bad by our vaping Bill, written and pushed thru by 2 Republicans.....

......until I saw the bill / regs for Indiana, which are truly way more encompassing and absolutely draconian. All of those were also written and sponsored by Republicans.

Just pointing out that this is no longer a "partisan" party thing, you have to vote out *each* individual legislator. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just pointing out that this is no longer a "partisan" party thing

It's never been a partisan party thing at the state level - mainly at the federal level. It's a 'we know what's best for you' thing, and that comes from most democrats and some republicans. The lead sponsor of this is Republican Eddie Joe Williams who is also the Majority Leader - where when someone is in long enough to get that position, you have someone who doesn't represent conservative/libertarian views - I give you Boehner and McConnell - although Boehner - perhaps seeing the train coming, requested a new grandfather date. Eddie Joe, has sponsored the "Ten Commandments' Bill in Ark. as well as other 'we know what's best for you' stuff' including some on abortion, school safety and others.

That said, and in accordance with other posts by Andria about how the longer they're in, the worse they get (an earlier Cato study came to the same conclusion as to the rather reticent attitude of the newer members on spending (and taxes) vs. the elaborate spending of their 'elder statesmen' )...

An Antidote to Federal Red Ink: Term Limits

"We examine recent key votes on budget and tax issues and compare the voting behavior of the members of Congress with 6 years or less in the House and 12 years or less in the Senate (junior members) with that of the members with more than 6 and 12 years experience (veterans). We find that if only the junior members of Congress had been voting in recent years--as would be the case if all members were term limited--many popular fiscal reforms would have been approved, including a balanced-budget amendment, a line-item veto for the president, and the Penny-Kasich spending cuts. We also find that both President Bush's [GHW] and President Clinton's record tax increases would have been defeated. Because members of Congress become more pro-tax-and-spend the longer they serve in Washington, term limits would probably lead to more fiscal restraint on Capitol Hill."

... I'm all for voting out incumbents of any flavor, who sponsor and vote for regulation on vaping, including my Gov. Kasich, Sen. Sherrod Brown and Rep. Marcy Kaptur.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
... I'm all for voting out incumbents of any flavor, who sponsor and vote for regulation on vaping, including my Gov. Kasich, Sen. Sherrod Brown and Rep. Marcy Kaptur.

I''ve said in the past, BOTH parties want voters to "take the lazy way out" and just do the "vote the party line" thing.......and anyone who doesn't look behind the curtain can be hood winked by voting that way.

It's like people who tell me "buy this brand of chicken, it has no hormones!" which is the marketing on the package, and then I have to point out to them that since hormone use in poultry production is illegal in the United States, that there aren't any brands of chicken that have them. :lol:

I am an issues voter, so I vote both Republican and Democrat. I am not registered as either. Since the issues change every year, so does my voting patterns.

Just saying that I think it naive to "just assume" that any one party is going to ensure that your vaping routine won't be affected in any way. To be honest, I know of few states that are going to not go for that tax money.....and if they do, they will figure out another way to get it from their taxpayers.

It's like in low income tax states, sales taxes and personal taxes and even fees to buy licsences and stuff is way higher.

We have to examine things very carefully these days!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
the "Ten Commandments' Bill in Ark. as well as other 'we know what's best for you' stuff'

Thanks (not) for reminding me about that one. Between Asa Hutchinson and Mike Huckabee, I fear I'll soon be not allowed to cut my hair and all my skirts will have to be down to my ankles! :lol:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I''ve said in the past, BOTH parties want voters to "take the lazy way out" and just do the "vote the party line" thing.......and anyone who doesn't look behind the curtain can be hood winked by voting that way.

It's like people who tell me "buy this brand of chicken, it has no hormones!" which is the marketing on the package, and then I have to point out to them that since hormone use in poultry production is illegal in the United States, that there aren't any brands of chicken that have them. :lol:

I am an issues voter, so I vote both Republican and Democrat. I am not registered as either. Since the issues change every year, so does my voting patterns.

Just saying that I think it naive to "just assume" that any one party is going to ensure that your vaping routine won't be affected in any way. To be honest, I know of few states that are going to not go for that tax money.....and if they do, they will figure out another way to get it from their taxpayers.

It's like in low income tax states, sales taxes and personal taxes and even fees to buy licsences and stuff is way higher.

We have to examine things very carefully these days!

I pretty much agree with that but there is a bias toward regulation with Dems. Again, and some Republicans mainly puritanical types - the overriding philosophy is altruism, along with 'we know what's best', for both.

I like your hormone analogy - I'd add 'natural' since all products are natural or extracted from natural (except for alien substances of course :lol: ) and the use of "organic" - which Stossel proved to be a ruse to even those who think they could tell the difference - they can't - or couldn't in the tests he created. One was to cut a banana in half and label one half 'organic' and the other not. The 'organic' was "much better in taste/texture" etc. lol

Reactions: EBates

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
All I'm going to say about any of this political stuff is...

I took an awesome quiz the other day...
2016 Presidential Election Quiz

I've never had to think so hard in my life.
My head hurt when I was done.

Sparked a lot of very interesting conversation with my wife too.
We mostly agreed on almost everything but one big question.

I won't say which one though.
:)

This must be some really good artificial inteligence at work. I replied in jest and it replied in kind: Palin (who doesn't even run).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread