Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoey5

Dec 21, 2009
Toronto
Woke up late this morning...was in a rush, got a flat tire on the way to where I was going, which is just about the time I realized I forgot to switch the 18650 in my mod and didn't have a spare. If this day wasn't going bad enough....

Ah 5+ years of vaping and this is the first time.....Anyone know a potential compatible glass section that may fit, doubt I'll be seeing replacement glass sections for sale anytime soon.

kayfun5.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Woke up late this morning...was in a rush, got a flat tire on the way to where I was going, which is just about the time I realized I forgot to switch the 18650 in my mod and didn't have a spare. If this day wasn't going bad enough....

Ah 5+ years of vaping and this is the first time.....Anyone know a potential compatible glass section that may fit, doubt I'll be seeing replacement glass sections for sale anytime soon.

View attachment 557881
Bummer!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Exactly. Actually the steel tanks look cool. Just can't see your liquid.
With KM3/K5 it actually is not a big deal ~
1) Easy, no nonsense, refilling
2) Wide open top cap end (once removed, you can 'see' the liquid)

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
With KM3/K5 it actually is not a big deal ~
1) Easy, no nonsense, refilling
2) Wide open top cap end (once removed, you can 'see' the liquid)

Thanks for this Q. I've been in the same place as poor unfortunate @Shoey5 more times than I care to admit, with the KF4. I'm actually going to spend a couple of days getting to know this atty with the glass, then switch over to the steel. No more breakage, and an extra ml to boot!

mazo

Moved On
May 24, 2016
Got mine today - gosh, where to start…do I like it? Not really, quite disappointed...here is my opinion why
pros first:
- great deck, super easy to make any types of coils, lot of space, massive screws
- rock solid connection - use Ti AWG26 - 0.3 ohms, no resistance fluctuations at all
- taste is ok - Calix v2 tastes better in my opinion
- very quiet compared to Calix v2

cons:
- too tall for holding only 4ml of juice with glass tank
- waaaaaaay too open - uncomfortable mtl for me - it’s neither mtl nor dl - something between, definitely more on dl side - only the firs setting can be considered as very loose mtl - I take it as a lie from SvoeMesto comparing this to KFL plus
- biggest con - how to get rid of condensation & bits of e-liquid that get to your airflow holes over the time?
On KFL plus...turn it upside down with air hole facing up, blow through the drip tip, done
On K5...make sure you have a screwdriver around, unscrew the bottom screw, take the bottom plate off, take the airflow ring off, clean all the holes, put it all back together

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Got mine today - gosh, where to start…do I like it? Not really, quite disappointed...here is my opinion why
pros first:
- great deck, super easy to make any types of coils, lot of space, massive screws
- rock solid connection - use Ti AWG26 - 0.3 ohms, no resistance fluctuations at all
- taste is ok - Calix v2 tastes better in my opinion
- very quiet compared to Calix v2

cons:
- too tall for holding only 4ml of juice with glass tank
- waaaaaaay too open - uncomfortable mtl for me - it’s neither mtl nor dl - something between, definitely more on dl side - only the firs setting can be considered as very loose mtl - I take it as a lie from SvoeMesto comparing this to KFL plus
- biggest con - how to get rid of condensation & bits of e-liquid that get to your airflow holes over the time?
On KFL plus...turn it upside down with air hole facing up, blow through the drip tip, done
On K5...make sure you have a screwdriver around, unscrew the bottom screw, take the bottom plate off, take the airflow ring off, clean all the holes, put it all back together

Thank you so much.

From you review, I feel like I'm able to come clean on how I feel about this device.

Is it from SM? Yes.
So do we love it? Of course.

But...does it feel like a rushed 22mm copy of the KFMv3? Seems like it.

Does the KFMv3 seem like a rushed design? Who knows?

But the KF5, potentially being the last Kayfun to ever be released...?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...
Let the testing begin because I don't know if I bought into the hype or if this atomizer will stand as legacy for the SM line.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I messed with the draw on a KFL+ v2 and the K5 this evening a bit.

On the first afc setting and the stock drip tip, the K5 did seem slightly airer than the KFL+ with the air screw set flush with the base.

But then I started swapping a stock KFL+ v2 drip tip and the stock K5 drip tip back and forth.

With the KFL+ drip tip, the draw on the K5 seemed about the same as the stock KFL+ on the first afc setting.

The KFL+ v2 was definitely more open with the K5 drip tip.

So, by my lights, the K5 is right about where SM says it is, as far as airflow goes. The K5 does come with a larger diameter drip tip however.

This needs to be taken into account when evaluating the relative airflow between the two.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So, by my lights, the K5 is right about where SM says it is, as far as airflow goes. The K5 does come with a larger diameter drip tip however.

This needs to be taken into account when evaluating the relative airflow between the two.
Thanks for the report and I think this would make a difference as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread