Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Welcome! This thread is dedicated to the authentic svoemesto kayfun 5 rebuildable tank atomizer. Want to learn more? Want to share your experiences with the K5? Here's the place.

I want to be clear from the beginning. This thread is about the AUTHENTIC Svoemesto Kayfun 5. It is NOT about its clones, counterfeits, fakes, or knockoffs. It has been sufficiently proven on ECF that mixing the two on the same thread simply lends itself to unwelcome infighting. While going off topic is always a part of most threads and certainly will be on this thread, we must emphasize that we consider discussion of clones, counterfeits, and knockoffs as COUNTER-TOPIC and, therefore, will not be accepted on this thread. Thank you for complying with this rule.

The Svoemesto K5 is scheduled for EU release only on May 16, 2016. It should be released approximately a week later to the rest of the world. We'll update you as more information is available.

In the event you are unaware, this thread is being hosted by Heather's Heavenly Vapes....a maker of top quality custom e-liquids and an authorized Svoemesto dealer. While there is no problem mentioning other vendors on this thread, let's also not use it to openly and incessantly solicit for other vendors. It's only courtesy. I think you know what I mean. Thank you. If you're interested in HHV e-liquids (they're awesome) click here Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids or the HHV subforum click here Heather's Heavenly Vapes THE BIG THREAD is a good place to start.

Enjoy!!!

Watch this K5 review by qorax. It's extremely well done and covers every aspect of the K5.

O-ring Specs courtesy of qorax
Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

How To Measure O-Rings courtesy of qorax
Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

How to build the K5
SvoëMesto | Kayfun 5 – rebuilding

Last edited by a moderator:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
K5 Observations & Opinions as of now:

1. It is heavy and tall. But prolly we are spoilt due to other recent low-slung hi-end atties.
2. Absolutely easy to setup. Trapping the coil legs couldn't've been easier.
3. Flavor - ditto as the KM3, i.e. better than the earlier K'funs. Awesome!
4. All metal looks gr8. Especially on mechs like the GP Paps V4. Absolute same texture.
5. Airflow adjustment is damn easy. And the draw/s will suit most vapers.
6. Filling and juice flow control - ditto like the KM3.
7. Does not leak. At all. Carry / stow it any way you like.
8. As like the KM3, two turns are enough for hi-VG. I'm using it at 1.5 turns.
9. Wick placement - ditto like the KM3. Just touch the deck's plinth. But very forgiving.
10. Overall it is 99% same as the KM3. A totally wonderful & satisfying vape!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A fellow ECF member sent me an M2L kit in exchange for building his Kayfuns. Actually, I was more than happy to build his Kayfuns for nothing but I could not refuse his offer to send me an M2L kit. Turns out, he doesn't need it but I did!

Anyhow, I took my K5 off the shelf and installed my M2L kit. I started with the middle size (there are three sizes). It definitely tightened up the airflow and was incredibly smooth. I have never vaped from an atty with a smoother airflow. Not even close. Truthfully, I'm so used to hearing/feeling airflow turbulence that this is going to take time to get used to. Anyway, the middle size still seemed a little too loose for me so I tried the smallest one. BULLSEYE! That was it. And I can get further air adjustments using the main airflow control on the K5. I did not expect that and still don't know how that is but there are very small increments using the K5 controller too. It's like a fine tuning within a tight range. Bottom line: the M2L kit works! And in using the smallest air passage I guess I really like a tight draw! :)

So now that I've had 48 hours to cozy up with this K5 I think I can honestly report my findings.

CONS:
1) The K5 wiggled around on my P3. I could grab the thing and make it rattle. Went underneath and cinched up the center pin screw and it went away.
2) The O-ring on the upper top cap is low so it kind of bumps up against the lower top cap when you go to screw it in. Sorta makes it feel spongy and is a little more difficult to line up when you go to screw it down. That said, I am noticing this subside the more I screw it on and off. Could be because it is wearing in or because I'm just adjusting to it. Not sure which.

PROS:
1) Everyone already knows about the Svoemesto quality. I wont get into all those facets because we know what they are. The K5 is no different. Absolutely impeccable fit, finish, and quality.
2) The airflow is incredibly smooth...even with the M2L kit. The sound and feel of air turbulence during inhale is very low. Smoothest air flow I have ever experienced. While the M2L kit renders the air flow control to a more negligible impact, it still provides small changes and is good for fine tuning.
3) The juice control is also very smooth. I had no break-in period. It was smooth from the get go.
4) The K5 is very similar to the KM3...just a larger size. This includes the fill holes in the lower top cap. Juice just pours in with no backflow. And the bevel they added to the lower top cap is really nice. No juice squirts out the side when it is cinched down (this is a problem with the KM3).
5) I am experiencing zero leaking and zero condensation. I run 28 gauge at about 1.4ish ohms and 10 watts.
6) Building is easy. I can see where those arms might help some people build. For me they don't matter as I bring the loose end back and wrap it around the mandrel anyway so the arms make no difference for me.
6) and most important....the flavor on the K5 is stupendous! Every bit as good as the KM3 which makes it the best flavor atty tank I have experienced. In fact, as I have said before, the KM3 and now the K5 are dripper quality IMO.

Two big time thumbs up on the K5. :thumbs:

P.S., if you prefer a tighter draw like the KFLs and KM3 provides, an M2L kit is mandatory. Period. Case closed. End of story.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hope everyone has taken The United States Vapers’ Survey

Here is what I wrote in explanations:
1. It is not about harm 'elimination' ~ it is about harm "reduction".
2. Vaping is a Healthier "Alternative" to tobacco smoking.
3. Vaping DOES HELP us quit smoking. Other NRT products don't work.
4. Doctors, scientists and researchers agree on the above three points ~ it is only the regulators who "think" otherwise.
5. Nicotine is NOT the enemy, it is the Tar and those 7000 chemicals in a tobacco cigarette which kill us. Nicotine is "only" as addictive as coffee. Ban coffee first and then we'll talk.
6. Vaping cannot be stopped. IT IS THE FUTURE OF SMOKING.
7. I have quit smoking completely with my first e-cigarette purchase. It's been 5-yrs of smoke free, thanks to vaping (the savior). And I have regained my health back completely. I feel better, I look better, I smell better and my annual medical reports are getting better and better.
8. There's no way regulators can make us go back to tobacco cigarettes. We will continue to vape - regulation or no regulation.
9. E-cigarettes can be made at home with commonly found stuff. So regulating it is actually of no use.
10. The only thing regulations will do is "slow down" the process/pace of new vaper conversions (smoker-to-vaper). But eventually every smoker will see the light and choose the right path of vaping.
THIS PHENOMENON IS UNSTOPPABLE.

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Good morning all... I wanted to update everyone on what we know at this point and what our plans are regarding the 5. We were contacted by Svoemesto late last week about the release of the 5. We were told at that time and also earlier this week that the EU comes first. Then ROW (rest of the world) approximately one week after EU. I asked Svoemesto directly about pre-ordering and they are not set up to do that. Once the one week EU wait is over, Svoemesto will send out a notification to it's dealers that orders can be placed. It takes approximately 4 days to get them from Germany to HHV. I do not plan on putting up a preorder page. I am not comfortable holding your money for what could take several weeks or more if the EU depletes the inventory before we get our chance to order. I will announce it here as well as via a HHV newsletter once we have them in stock and on the site. My plan is to order them the minute Svoemesto makes them available to ROW. I will keep everyone updated on this thread as I have updates.

Adam

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Oh, whatta day it was! Some Highlights:
Yes, vaped the K5 also, courtesy PBusardo :D

CVE Advert2.jpg

CVE3A.jpg

CVE4A.jpg

CVE6A.jpg

CVE1A.jpg

CVE1B.jpg

CVE9A.jpg

CVE10A.jpg

CVE20A.jpg

Sorry for photo bombing folks ;)
@Bronze pls let me know if I need to remove this post.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...Did you end up getting one @qorax?
Ah, after purchasing 16 Kayfuns since 2012 I'm finally in line for a freebie from SM. Received a message just now.

Thank you for asking brother :)

Ps.: I was in touch with InTaste ~ they also chipped in for me.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ok, I think I figured out the liquid control. Just a tad confusing because you think you are unscrewing something inside and taking apart the tank? I don't know....just weird to me.

Overall, I can live with the airflow, just a bit looser than what I like. I imagine I will get used to it....

Flavor does seem to be a bit better than the KFL but it could have something to do with having a fresh coil and wick. I do notice an undertone in the DF that I've not tasted before. It is so not a bad note! Same bottle that I've been using, in fact, it is almost empty.
Took me three times to build a coil for this. I just suck at building.

Once I figured out how to mount the coil (third time is the charm ;) ) and use the arms to my advantage...much better.

Filling... O.M.G. I am in love! HHV's bottles are absolutely perfect for this device! I noticed that the glass droppers, the reviewers on the videos used, they had to keep going back to their bottles and filling the droppers back up. Me, I just squeeze till filled. THIS is Ideal! :wub: Finally something that is easier to fill than the Nova was.

Thumbs up from me :thumbs:

angah83

Feb 18, 2013
KL, MY
Fixing Kayfun 5 airy draw my way..

IMG_5849_zpso1zlfcxt.jpg

Remember those three little metal? It's from a lagendary tank Vivi Nova.

IMG_5850_zpseglsqwlg.jpg

I pick the one on the right. The inner diameter is 2mm. But the outer diameter is over 3mm which will not fit into the Kayfun 5 air channel.

IMG_5851_zpsqa2alrvn.jpg

I then take my vise. Use a nail to hold and secure it in place.

IMG_5852_zps2sqth3pj.jpg

Using diamond file, start filing and inspect if it fit the air channel. If not, keep filing.. Once perfect..

IMG_5853_zpsumcgqhoy.jpg

Fixing Kayfun 5 airy draw my way.. From stock 3mm to 2mm.. I'm more than happy now!

Last edited:

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
All, I just received an email from Svoemesto stating ROW orders can be placed starting at 6:00PM CET. That's 1:00PM here on the east coast. I will be placing the HHV order at exactly 1:00PM. They are stating 5-10 days for receipt of the order after it is placed due to high demand. I will keep everyone informed...

Adam

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I hear the pain. I only use ez duz it on ice as it just suits me. Don't have money to be stocking this up so will just have to wait and see. Hopefully someone will sort this crap out.

Yeah I keep thinking...there's no WAY these regs will survive.
The next presidential government will realize (too late) that the vaping industry has the potential to make far more money than the tobacco industry every did!
Proof? I just spent over $200 on these Kayfun 5's...and I've only seen pictures of it! But I know the company is good, because I have a total of 10 of their devices (v3.1, KFL, KFL+v2, KF4) from previous generations, and I'm brand loyal.
Same goes for Provape. And now HoH.

When I smoked, yeah I was brand loyal.
Started with (can I say this?) Marlboro 27's, and got up to 3 PAD. I worked outside, and was my own boss...so the boss didn't care if I smoked on the job!
Eventually I switched to (again, apologies if exact analog mentions are not allowed) American Spirits in the blue/turquoise box...got down to about a PAD.
Even then...all I bought was cigarettes and a lighter here and there.
Smoking didn't have an endless universe of accessories and "new things" that kept popping up every few weeks/months.
People always say they save money on vaping, and yeah, my daily/weekly use might be free...but my CC bill begs me to stop every month! Hahahaha! I get shiny-itis!
Since the regs have been announced, I've spent about $500 (including KF5's), and I've calculated another $1500 to round out my list of "must haves"...and that's just devices and equipment (cuz they say batteries, wick and wire won't be reg'd, but we already know they're liars, so why risk it?)...I haven't thought about how I'm going to vape into the future as far as juice goes!
And that's another thing...thanks to vaping, I've been Nic free for a little over 2 years now! But I'm still vaping! (I've got the worst combo: addictive personality, and tinker-itis. I love geeking out over this gear.)
If the vaping industry was one organized company, they'd have put my picture on a wall in their headquarters! I've spent so much money, and continue to use the product(s) even though I'm Nic free.
Big Tobacco could never hope to get my money, even if they offered the same things as the dozens of small companies I buy from.
SORRY FOR THE RANT!
I'm just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my InTaste shipping notice. Good to know its a holiday there!

Congrats to anyone who got a KF5 already, and good luck to those who are waiting on the ROW (rest of the world) launch!

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
First Build - First Impressions :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Love it! Love it! Love it!

porch300.jpg

First Build: Same as for my KMV3 - 2mm, 28g kanthal, 10 wraps, 1.5Ω, organic cotton, about 1.5mm above air hole. Don't know how I feel about those hooks on the deck- they seem to get in the way, but perhaps I'll learn how to make use of them. As with my KMV3, I use much shorter wicks than what I see most people stuffing in their videos- just enough to touch the bottom of the well.

Air Flow: I'm MTL and love the draw at 1 or 2 pips (as Busardo calls them!). I'm a former KFL guy, but really prefer an easier draw.

Flavor: Wow! Full bodied, warm, mellow flavor with all the sweetness and color of Ahlusion's Caramel Wildwood coming through! Better flavor than my KMV3. Some have reported a "harshness" but not here! It's all warm, moist and tasty wonderful! ;)

Vapor: Lots of it! I think this tank is a thirsty juice drinker, but that's OK when I'm getting this kind of flavor and vapor!

Initial Conclusion: This baby is a winner! I love things that WORK, and I see a second purchase in the future!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That "best flavor" (or best vape) is a very personal opinion/taste. What one likes - another may not. I find a simple single coil, no twist, no clapton, no fancy, just made of a plain strand of 28AWG Kanthal, 7/8 wraps around a 2.5mm (+/-) bit, giving off 1.1 Ohms (+/-) and fired at 14-16W ~ giving me the best flavor. In any atty. Go figure!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I've owned 3 kayfun v4. Got excited over this tank until saw the info. Not buying the Squape dream and kayfun v5. No velocity deck or something hing better. No dual easy setup. Low ml capacity. Steame crave supreme, billow3 , etc are a lot better in my opinion. There are better tanks offering more for cheaper. Also small decks are so 2014. Get with times. Hugely disappointed honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not everyone likes dual coils you know, I am one of them who doesn't, the kayfun has always been a single coil setup, and would lose more customers if changed to a dual coil setup than gain from doing it. They have got with the times, with top fill and juice control, kayfuns have always been easy to build on and looks like they have improved on this version even more.

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2011
    London/Alicante
    7ca72eaa66979966666ba18551a39a52_zps3w8phdpu.jpg

Just Arrived :)

Very easy to coil with NiFe 30 12 wraps .4 Ohms (Much easier to coil than the Mini )
    Great Flavour on the smallest air setting seems quite airy above this !
    Looks much more aesthetically pleasing on the Dicodes No 6 than the mini :)

Very Happy with the "5"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread